Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks


 
retrokat's Avatar
retrokat  retrokat is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2002
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 570
retrokat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu
Is this the very same Maria Mancini who was first love of Louis XIV? Her own uncle (Cardinal Mazarin) advised Louis XIV not to marry her because she was of such a lowly rank compared to him. She unhappily had to give him up.
Sure looks like the same girl:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Mancini

If I ever do a Rococo era deck, perhaps I could make her a Queen finally
Top   #921
Dusk Till Dawn's Avatar
Dusk Till Dawn  Dusk Till Dawn is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 28 Oct 2008
Location: Find what you LOVE and let it Kill you. 'Bukowski'
Posts: 5,680
Dusk Till Dawn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Divine
I received my copy of the Touchstone MM yesterday.
I think they are just gorgeous!! The packaging is just excellent too.

My only complaint is though that all of the backs of my cards are printed in a different shade of brown.

Is this normal?
Anybody else have this?
It bothers me to. It's almost to the point making me dizzy, when keeping looking at the reds and browns...
Top   #922
retrokat's Avatar
retrokat  retrokat is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2002
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 570
retrokat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker*13*
It bothers me to. It's almost to the point making me dizzy, when keeping looking at the reds and browns...
Definitely get in touch with Kunati if it bothers you - I have to say I haven't noticed it myself, but then I just shuffle the cards, cut and deal - I don't really look at the backs much.
Top   #923
HearthCricket  HearthCricket is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2002
Location: ~~
Posts: 16,603
HearthCricket 

While shuffling I noticed mine had several shades of browns mixed in, but it didn't bother me too much. I would have preferred it to all be the same, but since there is a busy pattern on it I don't find it as noticable as the various browns on the much plainer backs of the Druidcraft. What did bother me some is that some of the backs of the cards are smooth while others are scratchier, so there are two very different textures to the cards. It is about 50/50 throughout the decks. I am guessing that will simply change with use, anyhow. But it didn't prevent me from buying 3 copies! Loving the deck, and perfect timing. Season 3 of The Tudors begins on April 5th.
Top   #924
Miss Divine's Avatar
Miss Divine  Miss Divine is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 05 Apr 2007
Location: An enchanted home
Posts: 2,545
Miss Divine 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HearthCricket
While shuffling I noticed mine had several shades of browns mixed in, but it didn't bother me too much. I would have preferred it to all be the same, but since there is a busy pattern on it I don't find it as noticable as the various browns on the much plainer backs of the Druidcraft. What did bother me some is that some of the backs of the cards are smooth while others are scratchier, so there are two very different textures to the cards. It is about 50/50 throughout the decks. I am guessing that will simply change with use, anyhow. But it didn't prevent me from buying 3 copies! Loving the deck, and perfect timing. Season 3 of The Tudors begins on April 5th.
Yes I have smoothies and scratchies too LOL.
I think maybe all the Touchstone MM have this (the different shades etc.)

I also have different shades on the backs of my BBC tarot and Tarot of Prague.
Top   #925
Miss Divine's Avatar
Miss Divine  Miss Divine is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 05 Apr 2007
Location: An enchanted home
Posts: 2,545
Miss Divine 

Well I sent an email to Kunati today. Because it's not a slight difference of brown, but from light to dark.
It keeps bothering me
Top   #926
minrice's Avatar
minrice  minrice is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 28 Sep 2005
Location: California, USA
Posts: 5,115
minrice 

Mine came today, it is absolutely beautiful Kat! I love the little changes made to the MM edition, it was worth waiting for!
Top   #927
Essjay's Avatar
Essjay  Essjay is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Feb 2008
Location: World
Posts: 3,779
Essjay 

When, oh when, is Amazon.co.uk going to get their stock in? At the moment it says delivery in 1 - 4 weeks which means they're not sure I'm guessing.
Top   #928
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essjay
When, oh when, is Amazon.co.uk going to get their stock in? At the moment it says delivery in 1 - 4 weeks which means they're not sure I'm guessing.
I was mid-way through writing and posting exactly the same Essjay when I got interrupted at work!

Yes - when oh when are they going to get it in? - It has been a 4 week delivery estimate for too long now. Surely they can get hold of some...

And they donīt have Dame Fortune either...

I mean I really shouldnīt be spending any more on tarot considering recent expenses, but the time will come up when I can buy more decks
Top   #929
All Is One's Avatar
All Is One  All Is One is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 15 Mar 2002
Location: California, USA
Posts: 6,869
All Is One 

I got three of them from Amazon when they first came out but they had to fill their pre-orders first. I already gave two away, so I hope they get more in as soon as possible. Now that I know they run out like this I'm going back to place more on hold.

The Legacy of the Divine is available for pre-order as well.
Top   #930




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.