10 of Swords Reversed + 9 of Cups Reversed; How bad is this?

ArchAngelMeshi

So on a scale of 1 to 10, how horrible is this person's life?

As many of you know, I'm fairly new to reversals. I won't get into too much detail on this question, but I did ask what this person's life will be like without a certain someone in their life.

I got the 9 of Cups reversed and the 10 of Swords reversed. (And the clarifier was the Page of Cups reversed but I want to focus on just these two.)

That's ALOT of bad reversals. I did it again just to make sure, and I got both reversed again.
----

I got an extremely bad, almost nauseating feeling from this. (Just looking at it >___>')

My interpretation is; The reverse 10 of Swords looks like the guy can fall on the swords and they dig into him deeper. It just looks like a horrible life. And the 9 of Cups is the "Wish" card, so reverse to me looks like the opposite of wishes, like a nightmare maybe.

Have any of you ever gotten this combo?

WalesWoman

Seems like if any horribleness is going on, it would be self inflicted... or some sort of penance, like the sleeping on a bed of nails... but also is a form of mental control... mind over matter. That the amount of time spent on that is entirely up to them. They might not have that whole martyred, betrayed feeling... so instead of feeling stuck and wiped out and helpless, it could be they would feel that it's more like putting things to rest. The Drama has ended, pretty much this won't get them down.

The 9 Cups RX, might mean they are more closed off and unlikely to want to share their feelings or give anything of themselves away. They may not be as generous with their emotions,. It could also mean that they aren't wishing for anything or that they feel life is not a party, and there is nothing to celebrate.

JoyousGirl

You asked "what this person's life will be like without a certain someone in their life".

I ask what it's like now? We all grow attached to people or things, and attachment is the cause of a lot of the world's ills and a lot of sadness and grief.

When I considered these cards I thought that the 9 of cups reversed meant there would be an emptiness. A draining of emotions. We cry when we're sad. I also thought of something to do with 4 or 5 (years maybe?). The 10 of Swords to me said "Facing up to things". The hilts of the swords are in the darkness and he has risen above them to the lighter side. Maybe a higher awareness.

ArchAngelMeshi

You asked "what this person's life will be like without a certain someone in their life".

I ask what it's like now? We all grow attached to people or things, and attachment is the cause of a lot of the world's ills and a lot of sadness and grief.

When I considered these cards I thought that the 9 of cups reversed meant there would be an emptiness. A draining of emotions. We cry when we're sad. I also thought of something to do with 4 or 5 (years maybe?). The 10 of Swords to me said "Facing up to things". The hilts of the swords are in the darkness and he has risen above them to the lighter side. Maybe a higher awareness.

Right now, the person I was asking about is relatively self centered. She doesn't really show appreciation for her friend, but at the same time thinks she'll be there for her no matter what. (The person in question is an addict.)

So I was asking what will her life be like without her. (I'd rather not share too much more info than that lol, they might discover I'm talking about them online, even if it is ambiguous lol) My role in their lives is more of an observant heh

Her friend is getting sick of bailing her out, but she does genuinely care for her. I know the 10 of Swords reversed can be good, but honestly it really didn't *feel* good hahaha

I think the 9 of Cups reversed has to do with shattered dreams. Maybe she would indeed feel an emptiness, because in her life (the addicts) I don't think anyone else is much of a good influence.

agent199

Depending on how you read reversals and these two cards are tricky to read reversed, this actually is not all bad.

So what would a person's life be like without a certain someone?

Relief from suffering (as if the swords fall away) (10 of Swords Rx.) and the liberty to follow the virtues of truth over personal satisfaction (because he is giving up his line of trophies) (9 of Cups Rx.).

ArchAngelMeshi

Depending on how you read reversals and these two cards are tricky to read reversed, this actually is not all bad.

So what would a person's life be like without a certain someone?

Relief from suffering (as if the swords fall away) (10 of Swords Rx.) and the liberty to follow the virtues of truth over personal satisfaction (because he is giving up his line of trophies) (9 of Cups Rx.).

I can understand why someone would see the 10 of Swords reversed as good if you're picturing the swords falling into the sky. I just don't haha. It looks like the guy is laying on them. But overall, I can see the 10 of Swords reversed meaning as better than upright.

However, I don't see any good coming from 9 of Cups reversed. That looks like super addiction/indulgence to me lol. (Did I mention I got the Page of Cups reversed for this person too?)

Combined it just looks like a painful and self-abusive life.

agent199

You are probably right.

And yeah the Page of Cups Rx. means that someone is troubled by their subconscious.

tarotbear

I don't see reversals as 'automatically bad' and I definitely don't see reversed Swords as anything bad! The Swords are pretty drastic right side up so why would Swords RX be even worse? IMHO - you need to change the way you think.

10 Swords - pretty yucky card - someone face down in a pool of their own blood with 10 Swords sticking out of their back - hints that they were 'stabbed in the back', 'set up for failure', stressed themselves out enough to have a heart attack, etc, etc, etc. IN REVERSAL those 10 Swords FALL OUT. Yes - there was pain and there was bloodshed - but the Swords fall away giving the wounded time to start healing. They may never be the person they were before the event, and no matter how they heal physically and mentally - there will always be scar tissue that remains behind. But the RX 10 Swords says 'Let The Healing Begin,' IMHO.

In 9 Cups RX - someone has definitely rained on your parade - or perhaps you knocked the table over yourself?

PattyMc

In regards to the question "what would this person be like without a certain someone in their life?"
10 of Swords RX They would be hurt but would heal, possibly carrying some scars but healing.
9 of cups RX lost something they really enjoyed having
Page of Cups RX Could be a temper tantrum, lots of drama

I agree with TarotBear, I am not seeing the swords RX as worse! And given the question, this seems like a person having a typical reaction to losing someone significant in their life. Just my opinion on these cards based on what the question was.

Patty

agent199

I think Patty has it bang on.