Playing Cards: Clubs

Little Baron

Am I the only one enjoying this, lol?

I was going to leave this last set for a bit so that I could digest the others. And then I thought 'what the heck'.

So here are my thoughts on the suit of Clubs, with reference to the meanings by Deborah Leigh and her Personal Prophesy standard.

Ace of Clubs
Communication.
That's it. Communicating with another.
A phone call. An email. A text message. A coffee meet up. A letter or postcard.
When you put two court cards on either side of this one, they need to talk. It is possible that one may be looking the other way, so determination and effort may be the name of the game. Are you willing to listen?

My friend just had a child. I purposely left her for a week or two before talking because I knew that she would be unindated with visitors and phonecalls. I gave her some space. I just sent a card. But we spoke today. I was feeling a little neglected by not hearing from her, even though I knew she was busy with the new addition. And she apologised today, saying that she has had so little time of late. In this situation, it was good to talk.

Two of Clubs
Disappointment. A little disappointment. Nothing major.
You got ready to meet your friend for lunch and she just cancelled.
The dress you really like and would suit you so well does not come in your size.
They have taken your favourite soap off of the tv because the football ran over.
That tarot deck you wanted for ages is not so great now it is in your hands. Ok, I know, that last one is not a minor disappointment ;)

But this card, generally, I feel, depicts a lull. A slight drop of the stomach. A sigh. An 'oh, that's a shame .. I was looking forward to that' response.

Three of Clubs
Creation.
Like another of the three's (the spades one, I think), I find this one hard to grasp.
It signifies something in the making. Potential for reality.
Something that is taking shape.
Is it the talk of starting a family, rather than the actual physical trying?
Is it the looking in the paper for jobs, as apose to going for interviews?
Is it the beginning of an attraction, even though the guy doesn't knw how you feel?
Is it you giving him your number? Nothing has happened yet, but it could do, if he chooses to act on it?

Four of Clubs
Misfortune. Oh dear. The misery of the 'fours'.
You lost your job.
You left your purse on the bus.
The tube station was closed and you had to take an alternative form of transport, which made you late for an appointment.
Those days when nothing goes right.

But I wonder if more serious misfortunes could be described - poverty, abuse, a bad childhood.
And I wonder if it might signify someone that constantly winges and whines about their shortcomings - a 'woe is me' attitude'.

Five of Clubs
Agreement.
I look at the fifth club as the exchange, it is almost passed from one side to the other.
Something has been agreed.
Your loan, maybe.
You have got the flat you wanted and are exchanging contracts.
Your proposal to do the flowers for a celebrity wedding has been accepted and now your business has a large customer on their books.
This card is a shaking of hands. What you wish for has been accepted by another person or company.

Six of Clubs
Leigh says that this card often dscribes the workplace.
So this is your place of work.
It is not unfitting then, that this card also uses the title 'effort'.
Therefore, it can talk about effort within work. Putting in the hours. Rolling up your sleeves and getting on with it. In my last job, to impress and have my contract re-newed, I had to do just that. It was tiring, due to the excessive five hours of travel a day, but it was worth it in the long run. It has been a stepping stone for me and helped build a good reputation in the industry that I work.

Seven of Clubs
This card represents sexual attraction.
You fancy someone. Someone fancies you.
But this is, I feel, no more than that.
This is the urge. Take away the love.
You need to satisfy this urge and this is what the card is hinting at.
I am single and sometimes, like we all do, I feel a need to satisfy a sexual urge. On many occasions, I have been physical with a friend. It is not as simple as saying 'I need this', but there is an unspoken language between us that we both understand. For me, this card speaks about the need, want and desire to be physically intimate with another human being. Call it lust, maybe.

Eight of Clubs
Something is in the way and is blocking. It is stopping you from getting where you want to be.
And this frustrates you.
You need to get on with study, but the book you require has not yet arrived in the post and you cannot do anything.
You need to get some money out of the bank but all of the cashpoints are down.
You want to write an important letter, but you cannot find the right words to say.
You want to go to college and study but you know you can not afford it.
You and your husband want to have a child, but for some reason, you cannot conceive.
Something is stopping you from getting where you want to be. You are being held up and it is frustrating.

Nine of Clubs
Drinking too much.
Eating too much.
Smoking.
Taking drugs.
Having too much of a good time.

Are you going over the top? Are you abusing your body or mind by overindulging?

I used to drink and smoke far too much. I had also, at one point, dabbled in the majority of the leisure drugs on the market.
After a few scares, regarding the latter, I told myself I would never take a chemical drug again. I was frightened, to say the least. This card acknowledges that point where you should be saying 'enough is enough'.

Ten of Clubs
This card represents official things.
This card could represent legal documents, certificates or official letters.
It may also represent official people. Men in uniform -the police or army, as examples.

LB

Phoenix Rising

Yes Ace of clubs: that is a personal exchange of communication: different to that of the 5 diamonds...as that is second hand information where you can hear of it through the media...Newspaper or on the news..or hear from someone else. But Ace club..is face to face or letter to letter etc.

I like how you described the 2, yes, it is a what a shame..but it is only minor, not heavy like the 4 clubs.

3 club one of my favourite cards, because it indicates that whatever the cards are with, it will happen very soon, within the time frame of the 3's (mins, hours, days etc) Yes the creation card, it is manifesting at this very moment..and you will soon know about it.

4 club..as you have seen the 4's are the downers in this method..which is necessary, only 4 out of 52 not bad. So I agree with your examples..and yes it would indicate, an abusive situation...it is a major setback or misfortune, at the worst, abuse, murder, you get my drift.. Minor, a flood in the wash room can be another, or someone spilt red wine on your wedding dress, and nothing can get the stain out. That sort of thing. Or the dog shit in the corner of your bedroom and it is very hard to remove the odour in the room.

5 club..I quite like seeing this card, as in you will be in agreement, or two minds, signing a contract, getting engaged..going out on a date. But if it was with the 6 spade, saying that caution before making an agreement, reading the fine print first, their could be a hidden clause.

6 club..is the putting effort into something work or project...and effort into your relationship as well..It maybe indicating that you need to work hard at it, or work is effecting your home life, you're a workaholic and you have no time for family...

7 club..now I did have trouble with this card..sexual attraction, although this is the only card that represents it...but I also found other feelings emerging with this card...sexual attraction or intimacy is a basic human instinct or need. But what are other Human urges??...survival is one...also selfishness is also attached to this card..as one is only wanting own self-gratification, therefore it can mean selfishness....physical action even..this could be exercise...It is a physical doing action type card..Therefore I see it meaning, sexual attraction, physical action of some sort or needy or selfish. I only found this, because Sexual attraction just didn't make sense with a trio that I had...that's the beauty of doing dailies..and Joermit also pointed it out.

8 club..Yeah pushing shit up a hill, is what this card reminds me of..blockages, so therefore the only alternative is to just let it go, or find an alternative route, basically you are getting no where..and you will continue to be frustrated...have patience or surrender.

9 club..this is the card of "indulgence" just having a good time, or splashing out on luxuries, which is the best that this card can be..but sometimes too much of a good time can lead you in the shit as well..no more money on the credit card..having too much piss and you slept with Joe next door. I think this card means doing something that you don't normally do, as indulging on something.. Or else it could mean you doing too much of it, and it is becoming a bad habit, even an "addiction"

10 club..Yes all those official matters..Govt, legal, military or documents..could be something to do with insurance company..or the school rings up, they need to discuss with you, about joining the PTA, or Johhny is playing up at school. You might go to a learning institute to learn how to make straw hats, pottery even...So be broad minded in how you see this card..an "official" matter.

Joermit

again... wonderful info here! great!

Joey

Phoenix Rising

LB you might want to add..avoidance to your 8 club meaning..as avoidance does have it's base in frustration. Because you wanted to spend time to your self, you didn't want to be interrupted by the fancies of your friend..annoyance same as frustrations yes? This is what Deborah means by allowing your intuition to speak..these meanings are stepping stones and then sometimes the base ones can disappear altogether. But it has to start somewhere, and observation of the cards will let you know.

Little Baron

Thankyou, PR.

I have started to do this, a little. For the card whose interpretation is 'cleansing tears', I also got the feeling of relief, so I have added that one to the list. The dailies are really helping. I am remembering what the cards mean by the stories that they make.

LB

Phoenix Rising

Hi LB

Now that is a good word "relief" I will add that to..as it still has it's base in "tears" not to forget also that "tears" can be happy "tears" as well.

Little Baron

Yes. At first, I saw the 'tears' of this card to be linked only to upset and negative things.

But then, I thought about it as a release (another word I may jot down). I think of the tears of a woman whose child has been missing all night. When the child is safe and she grabs hold of him, her emotions pour out through the relief of having him back, healthy and unharmed.

I suppose that it depends on the cards around it. Because that relief can be felt in other ways - it may be after a loved one has died and you know that they are no longer in pain. Or putting down your pet dog who has no quality of life anymore.

But yes, watching your only daughter marry may carry tears of joy. Seeing your first grandchild.

LB

kwaw

The devil's four-poster:

It is said that there never was a good hand of cards containing four clubs. Such a hand is called “The Devil’s Four-poster.”

http://www.bartleby.com/81/3047.html

Phoenix Rising

Hi Kwaw
Thanks for that link..yes it is known as the "Devils Bed post" in old traditional methods, also the method we are using.