retrogrades

nexyjo

we have several planets in retrograde, and the biggie - mercury - goes into retrograde today, until the 22nd. remember, during a mercury retrograde, communications can be quite garbled and misunderstood. take care in this area.

saturn is also in retrograde, and it will be there until 2/7/02. saturn is associated with restrictions and obstacles. saturn is also the natural ruler of the tenth house of the professional life, honor, fame, and success in the eyes of the world at large. so we can expect these areas to be negatively affected.

uranus is also retrograde, and will be until the 30th. it rules the rebellious spirit, desire for freedom, and need to effect change as one grows older. i can imagine that since uranus has been in retrograde since 5/29, it may have had some influence regarding the terrorist attacks.

neptune is also in retrograde, and will be until the 17th. it covers imagination, the intuitive faculties, and the mystical leanings, so again, expect some negative energy in these areas.

basically, we have a pretty "full house" of retrogrades. to be forewarned, is to be prepared. be careful out there...

luv and light,
nexy

faunabay

Nexyjo,
So that explains why I've been in the dumps lately. I'm usually such a happy person, seeing the good in all. But I've been depressed and crying at the drop of a hat. I want it to go away!!! I don't like being unhappy. I want to be my old self again. :(
Oh well, I know I will. Just had to vent a bit.

jade

the outer planets are in retrograde for 1/2 the year so remember that the ones that affect us the most are mercury, mars and venus.

the outer retrogrades don't really affect us as much.

blessed be.
jade

joya250

thanks for the great info Nexy! :) how do you know all this?

deso

Nexy, Jade, I'm impressed!!!! How did you two learn astrology so well??? I'm envious :( Any tips for someone mildly knowledgeable about signs/planets/houses but not any other aspects? Books? Sites? Courses?

jade

Llewellyn's "Daily Planetary Guide"

It's a daytimer with lots and lots of info.

(plus an astrology course)

love and light,
jade

nexyjo

lol jade, i looked in my trusty astrological pocket planner, also from llewellyn! the planetary guide is a great resource too - i have that one at home. i carry the pocket planner with me, it's a bit smaller and fits in my purse a little better...

also, their astrological calendar, along with having all the planetary stations and the rest of that, has some great info on astrology in general, like the guide. all are great references.

i usually pick up the calendar and guide partway through the year - i can sometimes get them for half price, or even for a dollar or two, depending how much through the year i want to go without them, and how many left overs are at the book store. this past year, i got a few of the other llewellyn books, like the moon guide and the goddess calendar for free - the woman who owns the local metaphysical shop near me starts giving them away in like may, if she has any left.

luv and light,
nexy

New River

Thanks nexyjo, for reminding me of this. my sister is a gemini and works in communication and i always try and let her know when mercury retrogrades.

i have the llewellyn calendar and moonbook planner (by someone else) but sometimes i miss the symbol.

love, light and magic, New River

jade

nexyjo,

that is too funny. :D

love,
jade