Meaning of the Descendent in Natal Chart?

AquarianGoddess

Wait....Pollux, now I'm the "Diva of Water"?

The ascendant and rising sign are the same. It means that particular sign was rising at your birth. The descendant sign is opposite the rising sign and is the sign that was setting at your time of birth. All twelve signs rise and set in a 24 hour period.

The Aquarian Diva (hee, hee)

sapienza

So, I'm still a little confused about the meaning of the descendent. Mine is Cancer but I have no planets in the 7th house. Oh but the South Node of the Moon is there.

I'm confused about if it is things we are attracted to because we don't have them or that we don't realise we have. I don't feel like I have many Cancer characteristics or traits at all.

Thanks
ww

Pollux

witchywoman (27 Jan, 2002 16:32):
So, I'm still a little confused about the meaning of the descendent. Mine is Cancer but I have no planets in the 7th house. Oh but the South Node of the Moon is there.

I'm confused about if it is things we are attracted to because we don't have them or that we don't realise we have. I don't feel like I have many Cancer characteristics or traits at all.

Thanks
ww
DON'T YOU WORRY!
We all are confused, I guess!

There's no problem in having no planet in the 7th house, withcy, as there already is the influence of the sign it falls into. You might want to know that 1stH planets are important too, as they oppose the 7th - it's the opposition Sun-Saturn almost, you know, the problem of "Me/Myself Vs Others" thet all of us live more or less problematically!

I'm not accomplished about Nodes, unfortunately, but the Lady of the Lake might shine on us again! So keep hope!
I could try by telling you that in past lives you earned a positive karma as you helped people who had problem with justice, you behaved correctly and righteously; you might also have cared for justice problem fairly (i.e. a fair judge, for example).

P.S. AcquarianGoddess, I hope my playing with your name doesnt' bother you. I only do it because I like you and your name! Otherwise, I wouldn't dare! And still thanks for existing!

AquarianGoddess

Hi Pollux,

You're a real hoot...and humor is the best part of life. Of course I'm not upset...besides, when one dishes it out, one must be able to take it. If you would ask my friends, they will tell you I'm exceptional at dishing it out! It's a miracle I still have friends.

Now, WW,

Everybody is confused; we're under a Mercury/Neptune aspect and a pool of fog. It will lift soon...

Think of the 7th house as "others" in your life. They are the folks who are entrenched in our lives, or those we encounter at the bank or grocery store for just a fleeting moment.

The 7th house tells the story of our relationships...Pollux is correct...you (1st house) verses others (7th house). The sign Cancer on the "door" of your 7th can be described as attracting compassionate, sympathic people or partners, or those who are depressed or sad. Probably over a lifetime, you'll have an equal mix. "They" are your alter ego, so to speak. Where Capricorn (your ascendant) is earthy, grounded and non-emotional, Cancer is the opposite.

My opinion of the South Node in your 7th (which means the North Node is in your 1st) is that in this lifetime, you're seeking to be fulfilled with yourself and letting go of looking for approval from others.

The South Node is where we came from and the North Node is where we want to go, sometimes, kicking and screaming! The South Node feels very comfortable and comforting. It's a secure feeling because we've been there, done that. The North Node is new and different (kind of like The Fool). We're charting into unknown terrirory...it can be freightening.

If you know anything about chart comparisions (comparing the charts of two people, looking for linkages) see if you have anyone in your circle who has a planet close to your North Node. That person will nudge you into the North Node Mode!

If you need further clarification, please ask (but you may want to wait until this fog disappears)

AG

Pollux

AquarianGoddess (28 Jan, 2002 03:58):
Hi Pollux, you're a real hoot...
Now, WW, Everybody is confused; we're under a Mercury/Neptune aspect and a pool of fog. It will lift soon...
Think of the 7th house as "others" in your life...

If you need further clarification, please ask (but you may want to wait until this fog disappears)
AG
Now, I mean, doesn't she speack as a Goddess?
Her words are a sacred book unveiled...
GOD Bless Thee, Acquarian Goddess!!!
THANX FOR EXISTING AND BEING HERE!!!!

P.S. I wonder what Astrological Manual you used, diva!
P. P.S. I just had an idea for a post! ;p

AquarianGoddess

Hello Mr. Pollux,

I've read a few hundred astrology books over the years, but started out with "The Parkers" book, still one of the best.

The series of six books by Marion March and Joan McKevers..."The Only Way to Learn Astrology" is a good beginner to intermediate choice.

Also for beginners is an old book now in reprints by Maxine Taylor, entitled, "Now That I've Cast It, What Do I Do With It?"

AG

Pollux

AquarianGoddess (29 Jan, 2002 00:45):
Hello Mr. Pollux,
I've read a few hundred astrology books over the years, but started out with "The Parkers" book, still one of the best. (...)
AG
WOW I have a Derek and Julia Parker too!
An acquaintance got it (well, it came in instalments with Naples newspaper! ;p ) and (after my insisting, you know what a little demon I am }> ) gave it to me.
WOW! So I'm sure it'r Good stuff - or should I say Goddess stuff? :D