Piatnik Wien tarot

Maan

Hi guys,
anyone of you have the Piatnik Wien tarot? At the moment its up on a dutch oction site and i'm thinking about getting it.

Love
Maan

kislany

Bringing this thread up from the 'dead', as I see one going on for 41$ right now. At Alida is only 25.80 Euros, why is the Ebay price so high? Is it OOP or something?

babyJo

Think people just got a bit too excited when bidding. This deck is still available new on some web site. SO...I really don't understand how it hit the $41 mark too :)

~Jo

Annabelle

Yes, I have this deck. I bought my copy for $10, brand new, from http://discountnewagebooks.com. I think they still have more copies available . . . they also have other supposedly "rare" decks like the Jesus deck available new.

Anyway, I really like the Piatnik Wien tarot, although I've never used it for readings. If you are familiar with reading TdM style decks, I think it would be usable though. The cards are fairly large and very, very sturdy - they are marvelous to hold. I like the art better in person than I did when I saw scans of this deck online; the colors somehow look a little less garish when I'm holding the cards in my hands. It's a fun deck - very original. And for $10, you can hardly go wrong . . .

babyJo

I too got my copy from this site for $10. For me, even adding oversea postage... is still far less than what's on eBay.

:)
~Jo

kislany

discountnewage.com

I love that site, I've bought so many good books from there already on reincarnation, reiki and meditation, and it's really cheap, even with international shipping.
Haven't thought of looking for decks though...*rushing off to discountnewage.com searching for decks*