Which decks do your readees choose when you read for others

Which decks do you use to read for others?

• Archeon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baroque Bohemian Cats

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • DruidCraft

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Fey (Lo Scarabeo)

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Gilded

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Goddess

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Golden

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Haindl

• International Icon

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Marseille (any version)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Morgan-Greer

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Mythic

• Osho Zen

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Tarot of the Old Path

• Tarot of Prague

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Quest

• Rider-Waite-Smith (any version)

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • Robin Wood

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Sacred Circle

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Sakki-Sakki

• Sharman-Caselli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spiral

• Tarot of the Spirit

• Thoth

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Voyager

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • World Spirit

• Other

Votes: 34 50.0%

• Total voters

Lee

I'd like to get a general idea of what decks your readees choose when you read for others, whether professionally or just for friends or family or whatever. You can pick more than one deck.

I tried to include all popular decks in the list, but it's still rather arbitrary, and I'm sure a lot of people read with decks I didn't include, so please feel free to use the "Other" option.

Also, if you could write in a post whether you use just one deck or several; whether you offer a choice of deck to the readee; and how you choose which decks to include, whether it's just whatever decks you happen to like or whether you consciously try to offer a range of different styles.

Thanks! I'll be very interested in reading the responses.

-- Lee

Alta

I don't read professionally, just for family and friends.

I usually bring a selection of around 3 to 4 decks, I don't like to confuse the issue too much. I usually offer user-friendly (i.e. attractive) decks, but also decks that I am certain about. (this is in person, sometimes here I offer less familiar decks for the practice)

I offer:

- the DruidCraft, and this is the one that is almost invariably selected

- The Osho Zen, and for some reason, I think the black borders, people seem to think this is 'too dark'. Really, it is far from a dark deck but those black borders get people. One of my girlfriends adores this deck and always wants it used.

- The RWS, which is usually rejected.

The BBCats, because I like it. Only selected by certain folks.

Grizabella

I checked the Gilded but I should have also chosen "other" except that I didn't see it till I was already clicking on the vote button. I also use the Buckland. I have other decks I use sometimes but those are the main two. They're my favorites. I recently got the Halloween tarot and since this is the time of year for it, I've been doing some readings with that one, too.

Moonbow

I read for friends, family and so far... just one stranger :) (other than here at Aeclectic).

Most recently I've used my Marseilles decks (particularly the Grimaud) but I've also used the Gilded and Spiral. I've 'tried out' most of my decks on my family but for most readings it is probably the Spiral or Marseilles. The Gilded is used exclusively for one friend who chose it herself.

When I gradually get to read for more people I hope to give them more choice but for the moment I like to read with the ones that I am most comfortable and familiar with.

magpie9

I read professionally and have 5-8 decks on display. I ask them which deck they are drawn to, and why. I almost always use the deck they choose. The decks I bring vary, they have to be decks I feel fluent with, and visually attractive. I always bring:
World Spirit
Golden
Osho Zen
Revelations
Druidcraft
Mythic
Buckland Romani
And usually a couple of others, which vary with mood or whim. I'm experimenting with this.

The most popular are the Druidcraft and Revelations. But if someone picks the Golden, it's always an interesting multi-layered reading. :)

light2000

Hello!!

generaly i use the druidcraft. But if at ttah day my mood ask another deck i use rws.

poivre

I have no doubts with the RWS! :)

lunakasha

I voted based on face-to-face readings done for family and friends.
As others have already mentioned, I tend to use the more familiar, prettier and "safe" (PG-13) decks for the most part, and enjoy using a wider range of decks for online/ATF readings.

I usually ask the querent to choose a deck and will bring 3 to 5 decks for them to choose from. So far, the most popular decks have been the Gilded, Prague, Hanson-Roberts and Baroque Bohemian Cats decks. I have also received raves about the Animal Lords deck....she was asking about where she could find one, and I directed her to amazon.com! (This is someone who has yet to buy a tarot deck....). I have also had much success with Titania's Fortune Cards....they always give straightforward, brutally honest readings.

:) Luna

bleuivy

I voted for the 5 decks I've used the most in readings. I only do face to face readings for family and friends.

- The Universal Waite, which I've found has been picked by people that are pretty "traditional" in their values. If people think getting a tarot reading is a walk on the wild side, they seem to pick this deck. I have no clue why it appeals to these people, but it seems to.

- The Spiral, which seems pretty dark, but has been chosen a couple of times.

- The Gilded has been quite popular.

- I also picked "Other" for 2 decks: the Buckland Romani and the Celtic Dragon. My brother loves the Celtic Dragon (it's his deck) so I always use it in readings for him, and a few of my friends haven't let me use any deck for them but the Buckland Romani.

Fun question!

Jewel-ry

Mostly the Soprafino...and I know I can tick other but I really want to tick the right box for it and it doesn't fit anywhere else :(