Piatnik TdM

jean bosco

Hi all,

I lately came across the Piatnik Tarot de Marseille. There are some interesting details about it. At first sight it looks like a TdM II style deck with some details added or modified on some of the cards. But then especially the queen and the king of swords look so much like the ones in the Dodal it can hardly be overseen. Also the Chariot has those little "flags" instead of the "curtain" on the roof. And of course the moon in the Moon card, it is not facing left but straight. I looked up the cards at the "trionfi" website.

What are your opinions about it? Anybody reading with it?
I'm still hesitant but it seems I'm having a little crush...
THX

Jean

Sumada

I like it a lot, and always assumed it was TdM 1 for the reasons you mentioned. Take a look at the wall on the Sun, and those horses on the Chariot clonking their hooves together!

dancing_moon

I have it, I read with it, and I love it. :D I'm fascinated by the little details that make it different from other TdM decks (check out the Hermit in a 'hairy' robe with a white scarf ;) ), and I find the faces very expressive. It gives me very clear and comprehensive readings, and I've never regretted buying it. :)

alan

I have this wonderful deck and love it's quirkiness from Le pape's crossed eyes to the pink Tower! The card stock is really good too.

velvetina

I have others, but this is my preferred Marseille-type deck.

It's not pretty but it's full of character.

I love the oddness of it, the way its a bit rough & tatty-looking; the animals are peculiar - such as the Moon "wolves" - and the way several figures look as if they have sharp vampire teeth!

love the card stock too.

jean bosco

Cool, thanks everybody! I have ordered it. Seems I like the quirky ones. But it should also be readable, so I think that is the art. Maybe it takes more time to connect, but I think it is worth it.
Like in music, i have always felt drawn to the odd rhyhms most. :)

dancing_moon

Congratulations! :D Please feel free to post updates when it arrives, on how you like it, how it reads, etc.

jean bosco

I got it and I really like it a lot.
There is a simplicity and roughness about it that give it a very original feel what I find very appealing. Also the colours are very nice, no dazzling white, just soft tones. The faces are very expressive and can be interpreted in not only one direction - meaning just "positive" or "negative" - very lively. And lots of interesting details. La Pendu seems to have that tongue like in the Dodal/Noblet. And again the right arm of the Empress is just like the one in the Dodal. I wonder what decks Ignaz Krebs owned, really interesting choices concerning some details. Maybe one TdM I, one TdM II and one 1JJ Swiss (7 Denier).