22 Trump Only TdM Sets

JDS

Just picked up TdM Edition Millenium which I am enjoying. As I often work with the 22 Trumps only, I sometimes have reservations about putting disproportionate wear and tear on the 22 of 78 cards in a full deck, so the option of the 22 Trump only set is appreciated.

Making a short story long: Requesting suggestions for other Facsimilies and/or "Restorations" in Trump only package.

I'm aware the hand-painted Flornoy restoration of the Dodal trumps is still available. I also have a 22 Trump set of the Grimaud/Marteau that I've used for years.

What else?

Richard

How do you like the Houdouin deck? I've been thinking about it for what seems like forever. At first I was waiting for the 78 card deck, but he's taking his time on that, so I'm about to cave in for the Trumps deck.

I have the mini ISIS, a 26 card deck: Trumps and Aces. It's a tiny thing, but I'm enjoying it.

Le Fanu

I know it's not Marseilles - but beautiful nonetheless - but there's always the Flornoy Vieville.

Or the LoS Burdel, majors only, for something more mainstream.

Richard

There used to be a 22 card Flornoy Noblet, which strictly speaking is not a Marseille either.

JDS

How do you like the Houdouin deck? I've been thinking about it for what seems like forever. At first I was waiting for the 78 card deck, but he's taking his time on that, so I'm about to cave in for the Trumps deck.

I have the mini ISIS, a 26 card deck: Trumps and Aces. It's a tiny thing, but I'm enjoying it.

Still within the first 24 hours of scrutiny but it is a winner. At first there were things that put me off a little - initially too much yellow in the early trumps; the figures are slightly smaller and lower-set, proportionally than I am accustomed to, but it is generally minor, except in the case of LE BATELEVR's table which seems to extend forever to his left, and the cropped staff and baggage stick of LE MAT which takes some getting used to; and the emerald sun. But these are small issues considering the interesting/intriguing decisions he's made in other details: such as the Hanged Man's bare foot and "codpiece"; the egg of the cherubic lion in LE MOND, etc.

Thanks - I forgot about the ISIS deck.

JDS

I know it's not Marseilles - but beautiful nonetheless - but there's always the Flornoy Vieville.

Vieville is among my top favorite historical decks - I have the Flornoy restorations - but thank you, if I didn't already it would be a major find.

Re "Nor Marseilles" ... I should have said "Historical Decks" or pre-Gebelin etc.

JDS

There used to be a 22 card Flornoy Noblet, which strictly speaking is not a Marseille either.

I have two full Noblet decks, one a gift, the other a workhorse that I frequently pull the trumps out for use - they show the wear, standing out among the other cards in a full shuffled deck! The Noblet is fantastic.

Richard

Still within the first 24 hours of scrutiny but it is a winner. At first there were things that put me off a little - initially too much yellow in the early trumps; the figures are slightly smaller and lower-set, proportionally than I am accustomed to, but it is generally minor, except in the case of LE BATELEVR's table which seems to extend forever to his left, and the cropped staff and baggage stick of LE MAT which takes some getting used to; and the emerald sun. But these are small issues considering the interesting/intriguing decisions he's made in other details: such as the Hanged Man's bare foot and "codpiece"; the egg of the cherubic lion in LE MOND, etc.

Thanks - I forgot about the ISIS deck.

Thanks for the information. I went to the web site to get a close look. I noticed that the Hanged Man's number XII is also upside down, so it looks like IIX. Clever touch. I think I could get used to the unique design elements as well as the minor issues you mentioned.

JDS

Thanks for the information. I went to the web site to get a close look. I noticed that the Hanged Man's number XII is also upside down, so it looks like IIX. Clever touch. I think I could get used to the unique design elements as well as the minor issues you mentioned.

The suggestive nuances of the hatching/linework is outstanding.

shaveling

I think I recall seeing a trumps-only pack of the Fournier TdM. I didn't order it, and don't know if it's still in print.