PoMo Tarot Deck -- The TV Suite

30minutenovel

My first tarot deck ever was the PoMo Tarot deck -- not a very friendly deck for me as a beginner, but it was conceptually interesting nonetheless. Every now and then I think about this deck that I've sold years ago, and I vaguely remember an image in the suite of TVs that felt uncomfortable to me. However, I don't recall the exact image or title, or heck, if this isn't just a false memory.

My question is, does anyone have a link to an image forum with all the PoMo tarot card pictures so I can see what this mentally sticky image actually is? Or do you know where I can find a list of the artwork the tarot used to pull inspiration for the deck?

Thank you in advance for any help on this!

gregory

On the whole, such image sites are in breach of copyright and we may not link to them here, or indeed, tell others where to find them.

Can you remember anything else about the image, so that those of us how own the deck can try and scan the relevant card ?

If you google pomo tarot images, you get PAGES of them - maybe that will help ?

I find this one fairly disturbing... was that it ? })

Attachments

• 5 TVs.jpg
    5 TVs.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 200

Barleywine

The 2 of TVs is fairly unsettling until you realize that it appears to be based on Aubrey Beardsley's illustration of Salome holding the severed head of St. John. (Many of the images in the deck are imaginative reworkings of famous pieces of art.)

This deck was gifted to me by someone to whom I had given a large-format Thoth. I think she got the better end of the deal.

Philistine

(Many of the images in the deck are imaginative reworkings of famous pieces of art.)
And indeed, Gregory's posting of the 5 of TV's is a reworking of Picasso's Les Demoiselles d'Avignon, which is maybe why I *don't* see it as disturbing.

30minutenovel

The 2 of TVs is fairly unsettling until you realize that it appears to be based on Aubrey Beardsley's illustration of Salome holding the severed head of St. John. (Many of the images in the deck are imaginative reworkings of famous pieces of art.)

This deck was gifted to me by someone to whom I had given a large-format Thoth. I think she got the better end of the deal.

Yes! I think this one is it. I had a suspicion this was the one, but I can't find this card on Google images to verify.

Patrick Booker

I had a copy years ago, but somehow I couldn't relate to it and I sold it. I have other decks by Brian Williams that I really like.

Patrick

gregory

Sorry for the delay - LIFE. Here's that 2 TVs. Enjoy })

Attachments

• Two TVs.jpg
    Two TVs.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 153