"Medieval Chihuahua Tarot" ...completed...

tarotlyn

I really hope there are!!! It would be so great to have that deck everywhere! I will still give a try with my local store...we can never know for sure until we ask...and it won't hurt to ask;) :love:

This really breaks my heart also...This is terrible, like you I can't bear to see the commercials for the human society, it makes me cry.

Maybe if we all think on it real hard, that will happen! At least it is my wish also! :love:
:heart: i am uploading right now to TGC...and the regular deck is now uploaded...
and the Jumbo deck is in the process of uploading right now...then comes the VERY SLOW 'proofing'
on TGC...one card at a time...and i tell you it takes all day for a whole deck!!! :bugeyed:
It is not my favorite part to do...YIKES...and you can't leave the computer during the process...
and they will not print the deck until you proof each and every single card!!!

:heart:@ everyone
Also i have just made the web pages for both the regular and the jumbo deck...so all that
is left now is that rest of the upload the jumbo deck (which is almost done) and then the 'proofing' for both decks.

:heart: Lyn
p.s. i am also figuring up my total costs (including the printing, bags, and my initial shipping to get the decks to me)
...i think my original prices that i gave you will stand okay...at least there will be a little left over
for the rescues...but not as much as i had hoped for as the printers get most of the money!!! :(

...will keep you all updated...

ETA: i think i will order a 'poker' sized deck...just to see how it really looks in person...
maybe it would be okay...but would have to see a sample first to be sure...so once i am done
with the regular and jumbo sized decks, i will 'shrink' the cards and set up a poker size page
on TGC and order a sample copy...will let you know when and how that turns out...
all of this depends on how fast TGC is printing and shipping out these days...haven't checked
their schedule yet...and you really don't know how backed up they are until you place your order.
...i don't see any warning shipping notices on my web pages with them right now...so it must be okay at this time...
That means they are probably on their regular shipping time line schedule... which can be 1 to 1 1/2 weeks normally.

tarotlyn

:heart::) Question: never mind...figured it out...

merissa_88

Looking forward to getting this one!! Congratulations!!

tarotlyn

Looking forward to getting this one!! Congratulations!!
:heart: Thank you! merissa! That is very nice of you! :heart:

:heart:@everyone

You know i am not planning on letting anyone actually purchase this deck until Aug 8th...when
Mercury retrograde is over...i don't want any lost in the mail!

i was just 'proofing' my first card on TGC and i noticed that my little heart with my copyright
(bottom right) of the card...the tip would be cut off...so i am working around that and
will redo just that corner and move the heart up and make it a bit smaller... thank goodness
that i have until Aug 8th to work out the bugs anyway :)

And i actually moved my deadline for my local painting project to Friday...so that gives me
much more time to figure out the shipping (which will be the priority box 'mostly') so i can
keep the cost down for me buying packaging...believe me every penny counts toward the Chi rescues...

What do you all think about making the bag an 'optional' choice...adding to the cost exactly
whatever the bag would cost me?

i am looking into those right now. i am think a 'satin' bag would be nice.

...better get back to work...have to change the little heart at the bottom on ALL images now...
and then will have to RE UPLOAD all again to TGC... maybe it is a good thing they make you proof your cards...
One thing i noticed about TGC, their proofing went really fast this time...which is great!

Their cutoff line shows further in than i planned on and i was using their template from the beginning...
...but in the proofing it looks a little off...oh well...a little more work for me now but it will
be done shortly...but as i said...no sales allowed until Aug 8th...

ETA: the process of fixing the corner copyright heart is going really smooth, fast, and looks great as well!

tarotlyn

:heart: Just finished fixing the corners on the regular sized deck...now for the jumbo sized...
you can't even tell i fixed them...only the heart is a little smaller and up a little higher to avoid
the bottom tip of it being cut off by the printers. It is turning out to be an 'easy fix' for it :)

tarotlyn

:heart::) Now i've run into something major on TGC...at least for me!

Both regular and jumbo decks are uploaded and ready for printing...

...so i wanted to see what the shipping to me would be just to get some decks:

Regarding shipping costs:
for only 5 'regular' decks it comes to $17.25 shipping from TGC (or $3.45 for shipping PER deck) to me!!!
(that has to be added to my costs :bugeyed:)

and for 10 'regular' decks it comes to $24 shipping from TGC (or $2.40 for shipping PER deck) to me!!!

If i order only 1 regular deck they will charge me $9.45 for shipping to me!!! So i will need
to order at least 5 (and up) to save on the shipping fee to me...

for jumbo decks are the same shipping prices as for the regular deck from TGC to me

They are only offering me 'priority shipping'...this is also without choosing their insurance.
They offer 'their' own insurance and won't replace the order if it gets lost in the mail UNLESS
i buy their insurance! For large orders, i might have to get the insurance just in case
as i wouldn't want to be out $100's if the package does get lost somehow...it could happen.

Here is the insurance:

on 1 regular or jumbo deck to me it is .40 cents
on 5 regular or jumbo decks to me it is $2.01
on 10 regular or jumbo decks to me it is $4.03

I don't see why i should be out any of my costs...do you?

i will have to add in the shipping to me as well as the (optional) bag and any packaging materials...

So for regular decks:

+ 3.45 shipping to me (varies on my bulk order) this is if i order 5 decks at a time
+ 5.35 priority shipping from me to you
+1.00 at least for an optional bag (only if i sell the deck from my own site)

So the shipping could be more if you order from me and maybe less after all if YOU order
directly from TGC because you would be paying for 'double' shipping...

If you buy directly from TGC
...But the problem then becomes that they insist that i have a 'tuck box' or they will charge
me $4.99 for their game box...sooo the tuck box costs me $2.89 more! They will not allow
me to have a little velveteen bag and no tuck box...if i do then they will charge me $4.99
for their game box (if i don't have the tuck box)

For jumbo decks:

+3.45 shipping to me (varies on my bulk order) this is if i order 5 decks at a time
+ 5.35 priority shipping from me to you
+1.00 at least for an optional bag (only if i sell the deck from my own site)

(so the shipping is about the same and maybe more if YOU order directly from me!)
So if you order from TGC...
...Again... the problem then becomes that they insist that i have a 'tuck box' or they will charge
me $4.99 for their game box...sooo the tuck box costs me $2.79 more! They will not allow
me to have a little velveteen bag and no tuck box...if i do then they will charge me $4.99
for their medium game box (if i don't have the tuck box)

Also i don't see a tuck box for the jumbo cards?... so maybe that means that i have to order
their large velveteen bag... at my cost of $2.39 and then they will charge me $4.99 for a medium game box in addition.

So all this is driving up the costs on me... unbelievable... i will be in thought about all this!!!

This is almost too much for me to take in...i am thinking now of just putting the whole thing
on TGC and let the chips fall where they may...and if someone wants a deck they will get it
or they won't get it...that simple.

Plus i just don't want the hassle of mailing decks out, with this type of shipping and that
type of shipping, and the bags, and the packaging, etc... too much!

The one thing i can do is to keep my retail price as low as i can and that means that the
Chihuahuas that this is intended to help will get less than i thought because of all these stupid costs!!!

i just can't warrant paying shipping to me from them because then i would have to add
that to the price of the deck...so in the end...it is about the same costs to have TGC ship out the decks...
...and would keep my sanity! hopefully...

Sorry...this is what i have found out... :(

Well, IF anyone still wants this deck, it will be available for ordering on Aug 8th...and i will
post the link at that time.

Debra

So basically it would cost someone about $37 to get a regular deck from you, and $47 for the jumbo.

So now it's worthwhile to think if you really want to make the jumbo. Personally, if I was in your position, I'd probably just make the regular tarot-size deck available. People don't need so many choices, and I bet you won't sell very many of the Jumbo ones anyway, and certainly if they're close to fifty bucks that'll depress the market a bit.

And once again let me say, do not assume the deck will cost 5.35 to mail priority. That's only if you use the post office flat rate box. Otherwise the cost of priority mail depends on weight. There's also a break if you print your postage at home (pay on-line) and you can have packages picked up at your house for free. So I hope you'll spend some time with your postmaster before you settle on shipping.

tarotlyn

So basically it would cost someone about $37 to get a regular deck from you, and $47 for the jumbo.

So now it's worthwhile to think if you really want to make the jumbo. Personally, if I was in your position, I'd probably just make the regular tarot-size deck available. People don't need so many choices, and I bet you won't sell very many of the Jumbo ones anyway, and certainly if they're close to fifty bucks that'll depress the market a bit.

And once again let me say, do not assume the deck will cost 5.35 to mail priority. That's only if you use the post office flat rate box. Otherwise the cost of priority mail depends on weight. There's also a break if you print your postage at home (pay on-line) and you can have packages picked up at your house for free. So I hope you'll spend some time with your postmaster before you settle on shipping.
:heart: Debra, at this point, it is not even a question of priority or not... or post office dealing or not,
it is a situation where: To sell from TGC or not. So it really doesn't matter whether the
deck is available in regular or jumbo...i have both on TGC right now so if someone prefers the
regular over the jumbo then they can order that size...it doesn't hurt to have the jumbo on there
for those that do want it. And i have some people on here and some on facebook that have
sent me messages saying they want the jumbo.

Regarding the pricing for my decks that you brought up:
i saw a '36' card Lenormand deck on TGC last night that is going for $29.95...so that would
be about $39.95 for only '36' cards...mine is 78 cards for $27 plus shipping.

i think TGC's priority cost is less if you live closer to Wisconsin (i'm in California) because they
don't ship with the priority 'flat' rate...they use regular priority rates. i thought that
MoonGypsy was talking, one time, about her shipping fees with them and if i recall it was
way less to her from them than it is to me from them.

Anyway, the other problem for me is ordering in bulk (in order to get a better shipping rate from TGC)
as it would end up in the hundreds's for me for one order of, say, 10 decks. i really don't
want to do that as i have some major bills coming up towards the end of this year...
...such as property taxes, house insurance, car insurance, some roofing repairs need doing,
more firewood stocking, etc....just to name a few of them. So it would just make more sense for me
to float my decks on TGC.

It was the 'shipping from them' to me...and then me to you guys that made me decide this.

Also, i am thinking of the future and the hassle it would be for me to dicker with shipping prices,
methods, etc... plus that ordering bulk would be pricey for me...then me having to charge
'double shipping' anyway...

And it turns out that in the end...it is about the same whether you would order from me or 'directly' from TGC...

It is a shame that TGC will get most of the money from the deck...and the rest i still plan
on giving to the dog rescues, but at least they would get something...
Thank you Debra for your thoughts...

:heart:@everyone
i want to say something good about TGC...(regarding their uploading process)
They must have fixed something on their site because it truly was a breeze uploading
even the giant images for the jumbo deck. It went so much faster than the last time i did this on there.

Regarding the 'Poker' sized deck...
i was re-sizing more of the images this morning, and they look really great and there is no
distortion as i thought there would be. So i will be putting up that size as well,
which is a little more affordable for people to buy. However, i will order a sample so i can see
it before allowing it to be sold...just to be absolutely sure about it.

Also, i feel bad that this is turning into a big deal when it shouldn't...i need to sell the deck
'where' and 'how' i need to...and right now i believe that TGC is the way for me to go.

Regarding re-selling to stores verses rescue places:
i think i am only going to sell (at cost) to the actual rescue places that i listed in my deck...
They can buy in bulk straight from TGC...i can arrange that to happen. That way there would
only be 'one' shipping charge involved...and they wouldn't have to have the extra boxes or bags involved...
...thus giving them more money :) ...if they want the deck.
So that way i know for sure whatever money they make from the deck is going straight to them.
That is one way they could get more of the money. But i would do this only for the rescue places
that i have already checked out...not for regular tarot stores.

Yes, the public can still buy the deck from TGC and will have the option of regular or jumbo decks...
and after i see the sample poker sized deck, i may be offering that as well.

Also, again, this deck will be available, on TGC, on August 8th, this year. i will post the link
at that time.

i want to keep this all as simple as possible and my life as simple as possible.
i hope you all will understand. (Mercury is retrograde right now but eventually this will all make sense)
Since i do think better during retrogrades, i can see this situation very clearly...and i know
what i have to do.

MoonGypsy

It all makes sense to me, dear Lyn! :love: i think you have chosen the best road by letting Gamecrafters do all the shipping. You have already done so much! i will be looking forward to ordering at least a regular sized deck. :love:

Thanks so much for all your dedicated hard work, dear sis!

Hugs and Full Moon Blessings,
MG xxx

P.S. i find that lots of folks are going through all kinds of
different challenges right now...

Debra

Makes perfect sense to me. :)