Unicursal Hexagram - general meaning

Foxyangel

I am totally new to thoth... I understand much of the RWS stuff (but as ever I am always seeing new things)... and meanings I get quite a bit from these cards....

But I am lost on the thoth as to what the Unicursal Hexagram means? I have been using it and it has turned up in my latest reading... though I am lost to it's general meaning... I don't have the reading to hand but when I do I will add this too...

Thanks

Foxyangel :)

f. silvestris

Just to simplify matters, the Unicursal Hexagram was not intended to be part of the Thoth deck, and I've never seen any point in shuffling it into the deck for reading, though I know some do, and make imaginative & intelligent use of it. It might well be worth using in meditation (the Rose Cross on the back of all the cards certainly is.)

prudence

foxyangel, that is quite the heavy duty reading! they both are, lots of majors!!

My only question, is the MR X into magick? Does he do "spellwork"?
That unicursal hexagram and the magus card really seem to be saying something....I don't know what it might mean here, to me it is a "HIgh Magick" card. It always means something powerful, and also magickal, but that is the meaning I gave it. Also, I do spellwork, so it does make sense when it comes up for me. It means the magick is "at work" and so let go, there's nothing I can do to stop it...But in this spot, as something physical to look for...Only you know what this may mean. (or you will know soon)

I am sure others who are well versed in tarot readings will give you some good insight into the 2 readings. They do seem to be very important.

Lillie

Hi Foxy Angel

I use the hexagram as a matter of course. I know that it is not everyones choice, but I like it.

In terms of your reading it is a little difficult to interpret, as I do not usually relate it to the physical side of things.

Also it is a long time since I cared about either love or soulmates. (I don't think they exist. I married mine and he turned into an ordinary geezer with a lot of bad habits)

However, I would say that for you the hex card means the wow factor, when you look at someone and they are so beautiful they take your breath away.
That is how i would interpret it in terms of that spread.

A few observations about the whole 2 readings.You are wanting to find your 'soul mate', marry him and have his kids and live happy ever after (empress)

There are some issues of power showing. Be careful you do not give over control of your life to some one who will lead you astray. (7 cups is often drink and drugs)
Even if he can be trusted it is still not good to give over control to much. it makes you dependant and vulnerable.
There are money issues too.

Please be careful, it looks to me that you are looking for someone that don't really exist (an idealised soulmate. all men are just ordinary humans who fart in bed). It also looks as though if you find someone who fits the bill, who is so attractive to you he takes your breath away, who is good in bed and who does all the romantic things, that you will give yourself to him heart and soul. which is probably a bad idea.

My advice, keep control of your own life, your own money and your own friends.
You might go out with this bloke, it looks like it could happen.(from the cards)
But no one is prince charming and life is not a fairy tale.

Just my take on it.
But then I am a bitter old hag, and that must colour my interpretation somewhat.
And anyhow, what do I know?