Missing Card from Thoth deck.

Elven

Hi All....

I hope someone can help me, or direct me to a thread. I think I have lost a card from my Thoth deck. It contains a 'prayer' or invocation of protection on it. I would like to make a card which includes this 'prayer' but I dont know where to find the words to it.

Can anyone post a copy of the prayer for me please.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thankyou so much

Blessings
Elven x

Strange2

The only extra cards with text from the Thoth deck that I am aware are the "Ordo Templi Orientis" cards. The OTO was a magickal organization that Crowley belonged to. There are 2 different OTO cards, one that came with the Thoth deck produced by U.S. Games, and the other with the deck from AGMuller.

The OTO card from the U.S. Games deck has the following text:
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Aleister Crowley designed this Tarot as illustrations for The Book of Thoth. They were painted by Lady Frieda Harris, and are now issued as cards. To use them is to learn. To use them with the delicacy of great art is to embark on the path of initiation.

Love is the law, love under wil"

Perhaps the phrase "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will" may be the prayer or invocation you were looking for.

The OTO card from the AGMuller has this text:
"The tarot is a pictorial representation of the Forces of Nature as conceived by the Ancients according to a conventional symbolism.
At first sight, one would suppose this arrangement to be arbitrary, but it is not. It is necessitated by the structure of the universe, and in particular of the Solar System, as symbolized by the Holy Qabalah.
-- Aleister Crowley"

Elven

Ah, Strange2 ... How are things??

You have unravelled a bit of a mystery for me! I appreciate greatly your reply to the thread.

I dont think I am missing a card then. I think what I am missing is a prayer I found somewhere, maybe in a book, which contains the word 'HRU'. That I remember. I used to use the prayer before reading the Thoth deck and I haven't used the deck for a while - as well as - I have moved and my books are scattered in so many different boxes, I havent been able to locate it.

Maybe you know what this prayer is?

Sorry it took a while to reply - thankyou so much!

Blessings
Elven x

Elven

Hey, I found it!!!
This is what I was looking for: It is a Golden dawn invocation used by Crowley.

'I invoke thee, IAO, that thou wilt send HRU, the great Angel that is set over the operations of this secret Wisdom, to lay his hand invisibly upon these consecrated cards of art, that thereby we may obtain true knowledge of hidden things to the glory of thine ineffable Name. Amen.'

This was found in the little booklet that comes with my cards - US Games copyright 1978,1983 by Stuart R Kaplan and Donald Weiser.

Thanks for your help Strange2, I knew it was somewhere!

Blessings
Elven x