Queen Of Disks Story

WolfyJames

At our Tarot Meetup, we write a new story on a card each month. Last month was the Queen of Pentacles and I picked the Thoth's Queen for the story. I've been told it could be interesting that I post them here, so here is the story for this card.

She is a Goddess of the earth, made of matter and made of water. She bears many names. She is the one who knows. Her life follows a year cycle when she comes and goes. At the end of autumn, once despair sets in, she comes in her bright colors to comfort, to embrace and to give warmth to the earth, raw and abandonned.

This year, she left with her fiery brother Summer on adventures, once summer was over. Usually, she stays home and takes care of her garden. She likes taking strolls in her domain, kniting next to the fireplace and tending to her garden. To her, beauty and harmony are essential and she ensures she is surrended by them. She likes creating her own decorations and everything she makes is warm and confortable. She is a busy Goddess and with her sense of organisation, everything is taken care of.

But this year, she had a sens of restlessness, and her strolls in her domain could not calm her down. She had a deep sense of change, a move or something, within her, and she was looking for it even if it seems to go against her nature. When her brother Summer came to rest a little, after some months of hard work, she was very excited to hear all his stories. As usual, after a few weeks of rest, he had to leave on some new adventures at the end of the world. At her surprise, she asked him if he could bring her along. "Sure sister, you may come." said Summer in an excited tone. And here they left, her bringing her everyday companion, her goat.

Time passed and time passed so much she had completely forgotten to take her place on the thrown of time. Her brother did not want her to leave, but she knew she had to go and she hoped she would not be too late. Without her, the earth would die by the cold of winter, without her to keep it warm and alive. And she left, running as fast as she could. Once she arrived, she saw the earth, frozen with snow. She almost cried but her brother Winter comforted her, as he was sitting on one of the throwns of time. "Sister!" he said "Look, the earth is recovered by snow, it was the best I could do while I was waiting for you. Don't you know that snow is one of the best isolant that exists? It was the best way to keep the earth warm in your absence." said her wise brother. "Come and sit next to me sister, to keep me warm this winter, and tell me everything.". She sat next to him, released he was not mean with her: her airy brother could be as harsh as ice sometimes. And she looked upon the earth and she warmed it with a smile.

annik

Great! it was a good story!

mike gorth

I liked it but it sounded more like a poem.

prudence

I really enjoyed that wolfyjames.

WolfyJames

Thank you for the compliments. :)