Is it wrong to charge?

mysticmonkey

Tarot Tina said:
Could you ask the client for a donation rather than an actual amount, just to show their appreciation ! Just a thought.
What I'd probably do (and I don't because I don't read for others... yet :) ) is ask for a token. Cup of tea, sandwhich that sort of thing. Something small that still shows that they appreciate me giving them my time.
That way they'd hopefully see it more as me using my knowledge to try and help them instead of a quick palour trick to entertain them.

I do know a psychic who says that people shouldn't charge for psychic readings (I don't know their opinion on tarot readings) but they do like to have a small exhange as they often travel to peoples homes to give a reading. Perhaps a meal or reimburse the travel cost.

I'm not against people charging at all but I think from the outside when you know nothing about tarot it does bring up the usual stereotypes that people think of which I think is what concerns people most when they start thinking of charging. But it is a valid service. You'd pay more to go to a counselor or shrink for an hour.

Ambience

I have problems with charging..............

I can charge online, as it is a business, but offline with friends and family and people i know who are interested i can't charge as i feel my deepest values of giving and integrity shine through and i can put these aside for my needs to earn a living when i am online. It's not wrong. I just think it's slightly unethical, unless of course the people you are reading for no that it's a business. I think that you shouldn't charge people that you are dealing with on a very personal level in life like work collegues etc. Just a thought.