How Tarot Cards work

KingArthur2014

Hi

I never appeal to spirit influence when I read. I used to appeal to guardian angels but now I don't like the ambiguity of that. Can anyone affirm my belief that I use my intuition and ability to tap into the subconscious of the person I am reading for..

Thanks

Peace

tarotbear

As far as 'how do Tarot cards work' - there are as many answers as there are readers - and they will all tell you no matter what - if you don't believe that Tarot 'works' - it won't. Whether you read from a purely scientific standpoint, believe that you speak directly to your god/goddess (or whatever form of deity you believe in), that a blue angel sits on one shoulder and a red devil sits on the other, or that the answers come from that swig you just took from a bottle of Absinthe - it doesn't matter HOW you believe the Tarot works as long as you BELIEVE the Tarot works.

cardwitch

I have always believed that the source of the information people receive in any form of divination comes from the subconscious. However, I also think that ultimately diviners tap into a kind of collective consciousness or inner spiritual "well" that contains all knowledge and wisdom. Whether the ultimate source of this wisdom is some form of deity or cosmic consciousness (such as the One) or just a hidden part of the mind/brain, I can't say.

I do believe that divination is just a science we don't understand yet and that someday we'll figure out how this all works :)

ravenest

Hi
Can anyone affirm my belief that I use my intuition and ability to tap into the subconscious of the person I am reading for..

Thanks

Peace
Well ... if you DO believe that ... it is affirmed as your belief.

Its not mine though.

For me, they help me tap into MY unconscious. 'In there' much more goes on than I can do consciously, or that I am aware of. The cards and their symbols and arrangements then give conscious triggers to link and access the unconscious process.

Whether or not that is objectively relevant to the querent is a matter of some contention. IMO the distinction is best made via input from the querent .

Apollonia

Hi

I never appeal to spirit influence when I read. I used to appeal to guardian angels but now I don't like the ambiguity of that. Can anyone affirm my belief that I use my intuition and ability to tap into the subconscious of the person I am reading for..

Thanks

Peace
If that is your belief and it works for you, go with it. I can't affirm it because I work with spirit guides and angels and I feel that they connect with the spirit guides and angels of my querents.

I don't understand, though, how the querent's subconscious could answer some of the questions I've been asked, where the querent doesn't already know the answer.

Grizabella

I always say "I read cards, I don't read minds". I believe that's totally true. I believe that we tap into a universal consciousness, not just with Tarot but also with many other things like our inspirations for music, art, writing, etc. I don't know for sure how it works but I trust that it does work.

I don't think I'd want to be tapping into someone else's subconscious with the cards. I think I'm more helpful if I can add information and insights to what's already within them.

LeFou

...I use my intuition and ability to tap into the subconscious of the person I am reading for.

It's oddly similar even with the emphasis inverted:

The Universe taps into me, in order to get something "moved" further into consciousness. So we are cells in this organism called The Universe. We are its thoughts, and we exist because it thinks us. This is the essence of the old Yin religion.

Mariah13

I find it amazing how the cards fit so well to the situation they are asked about to me it is a tool I just read the cards that's all how it works I have no idea.
My daughter started reading when she was about 12 and I found it amazing how dead on the cards just melded so well with her she didn't know the meanings she just went with her gut.