First Blood 'Butterfly' Spread

Grizabella

I don't understand the "Whore" part. I don't know that I could use that term about my grand-daughters. Is there some significance to this other than the one I know?

Demon Goddess

perhaps this text from the San Graal school of sacred geometry site will help explain the concept better and therein you can find the words to suit better the situation than "whore": http://www.sangraal.com/Discussion/000002a6.htm He (?) covers the entire aspect of "whore", I think quite well.

The "whore" is simply the woman who understands, acknowledges and takes control of her sexual power. The woman in full control of her adult womanhood.

ArwenNightstar

Demon Goddess said:
Arwen, if you're reading... I'd also love to use your first blood rituat in its entirety. Coming of age, should be very special. This will help make it so for my girls. :)

Anyone got something for boys??? Ok, that's another thread, I know.

Certainly! It is on my web site. Had to remove the link as it was against policy. I will PM you with it, DG. I would love feedback as well.

ArwenNightstar

Lyric said:
I don't understand the "Whore" part. I don't know that I could use that term about my grand-daughters. Is there some significance to this other than the one I know?

If you study the priestess/whore connection, you will find that it means a woman who is in charge of herself, basically. She makes her own decisions. :) Whores of Ishtar were highly regarded.

ArwenNightstar

Whore

Demon Goddess said:
The "whore" is simply the woman who understands, acknowledges and takes control of her sexual power. The woman in full control of her adult womanhood.

Whoops! I didn't see that you had already answered this. I think that the Empress card can be seen as the Whore of the Tarot. What do you think?

wildchilde

Hi All! Just reporting in that I couldn't wait to utilize Kiama's spread, so I made a few adjustments for a friend in her Croning stage and tried it out last night! I really like this spread and feel like it can be adjusted for personalization of both reader and querent. In this particular version, my adjustments were to the 2 thru 5 cards where I simply used the phases of the moon...waning, new, waxing, and full. I will ask her if I can post it here for others to see how it worked out. One question for Kiama, and others, I am having a difficult time reading the cards in "groups" as I can't seem to settle on how the cards best group together. Any suggestions?

As to the Whore position of Kiama's original spread, I agree with her that this is an integral part of the feminine face of the Sacred that is often over-looked. However, I can also understand and appreciate that due to social conditioning and religious backgrounds, etc, there are certain people (both readers and querents) that would be unable to get past the Whore in the negative aspect. In this case, you might want to just use a more generic (or inclusive) type name for the position such as, The Sacred Feminine, or the Regenerative Power, or The Void. etc and so on. Whatever name feels right for you, or that you feel your querent will be receptive to.

Others may not agree with me? However, as a Certified Celebrant I have found that connecting with people where they are "at" is just as important to the ceremonial process as is the ability of the ceremony to encourage the transformation in progress. Leaving an "empty space" open for the power of the Sacred to come in is of great importance to me...this was the reason I chose to simply name the 4 positions for the transitional stages of the moon and not place emphasis on the 'assigned' or 'accepted' ways we correlate these things to our mundane life and our understanding of the Goddess aspects. Of course, this decision was based on both my own feelings and the perceived feelings of the querent in question, and may not be done the same way with others.

ArwenNightstar

wildchilde said:
Others may not agree with me? However, as a Certified Celebrant I have found that connecting with people where they are "at" is just as important to the ceremonial process as is the ability of the ceremony to encourage the transformation in progress. Leaving an "empty space" open for the power of the Sacred to come in is of great importance to me...this was the reason I chose to simply name the 4 positions for the transitional stages of the moon and not place emphasis on the 'assigned' or 'accepted' ways we correlate these things to our mundane life and our understanding of the Goddess aspects. Of course, this decision was based on both my own feelings and the perceived feelings of the querent in question, and may not be done the same way with others.

I couldn't agree with you more!!! Very well said!

Demon Goddess

ArwenNightstar said:
Whoops! I didn't see that you had already answered this. I think that the Empress card can be seen as the Whore of the Tarot. What do you think?

In the Wicce sense of "whore" absolutely. I think it's important to understand that "whore" as we know it today doesn't have a negative connotation, and if we can agree on that premise, then the Empress is the penultimate whore. This is a woman who is in full control of herself and she is ALL woman. She knows what she needs to use when she needs to use it and gets what she wants when she wants it. In other words, her sexuality, when necessary can be considered one of her many tools. It's acknowledgement of being all that she is.

In the "whore" sense of hooker, tramp, concubine, etc. though, that for me, has become the Queen of Pentacles. And that is more a woman who is makes the best of whatever happens, out of necessity; not because she wants it so, but because she acquiesces that it be so. There's an almost desperation quality to the same female aspect of the "whore" I see in this card.

Does that make sense?

Barbaras Ahajusts

Dg

In the "whore" sense of hooker, tramp, concubine, etc. though, that for me, has become the Queen of Pentacles. And that is more a woman who is makes the best of whatever happens, out of necessity; not because she wants it so, but because she acquiesces that it be so. There's an almost desperation quality to the same female aspect of the "whore" I see in this card.

Oh so beautifully put, DG. After reading this thread, and the knowledge I have gleamed from life and watching both of my daughters grow into womanhood & watching my young granddaughter slowly approaching her first moon blood, I must admit, I understand so much more concerning our womanhood. One can only admire and respect our gifts to & for our lives.

I love my avatar even more, now.

This butterfly spread is being printed & stored. Thanks to the creator!!!

;)Barbara

GreenMoonBeam

OMG. What a concept. I so wish that I had known of this when I was entering
the Crone stage.
This would be one of the best spreads and posts I have been able to read.
What a gift all of you awesome women have. I am moved to be able to share.
May the Goddess Bless.
Genii