Happy Smiley Spread!

katie_here

Well, here is my reading

If anyone would like to add their input, I'd be grateful because I'm never that confident doing a reading for myself. (I've used Enchanted Tarot Faber/Werner.)

The basis of the problem is: I've just ended a relationship with a man because our expectations are very different from each other, in that he wants a very casual relationship and I find it insulting!!

anyway, as I really like him I'm disappointed that he doesn't feel as strong about me.

Here is the reading:

1 & 2 What is making me unhappy

King of Swords and the Hierophant

The king of swords I take as him (a man with dark hair aged over 35). The Hierophant. I have a moral lesson to learn/or has been learnt. He is the cause of my unhappiness and morality and lesson learning is at the root of it.

3 Six of Cups, 4 The Fool 5, Ten of Cups.

I think to make myself happier I need to look for the joy in my life, (6C) start over again, with a new beginning (TF), and if I found success/committment (10C) I would be happy. What does anyone else think? I was wondering also, of taking the fool literally. Have I been a fool over him? Have I not seen what was before my eyes? (My intuituition and his body language tells me a lot different story than what is before me now and what he actually says to me), but really, have I been foolish, stupid to believe my inner feelings than whats been put before me? Is that what the Fool is telling me?

I found this spread very interesting, and optimistic too. It doesn't go too indepth on your unhappiness but gives a good concise logical insight into it.

skytwig

Re: Well, here is my reading

katie_here said:
The basis of the problem is: I've just ended a relationship with a man because our expectations are very different from each other, in that he wants a very casual relationship and I find it insulting!!

Here is the reading:

1 & 2 What is making me unhappy

King of Swords and the Hierophant

The king of swords I take as him (a man with dark hair aged over 35). The Hierophant. I have a moral lesson to learn/or has been learnt. He is the cause of my unhappiness and morality and lesson learning is at the root of it.

3 Six of Cups, 4 The Fool 5, Ten of Cups.

I think to make myself happier I need to look for the joy in my life, (6C) start over again, with a new beginning (TF), and if I found success/committment (10C) I would be happy. What does anyone else think? I was wondering also, of taking the fool literally. Have I been a fool over him? Have I not seen what was before my eyes? (My intuituition and his body language tells me a lot different story than what is before me now and what he actually says to me), but really, have I been foolish, stupid to believe my inner feelings than whats been put before me? Is that what the Fool is telling me?
Katie: Thank goodness you found out you two were going in different directions BEFORE you got heavily invested!! Yes, it is disappointing, but not impossible to recover from.....

Sounds like he was ambivalent about an emotional involvement and trouble would surely have cropped up later.... You were wise to find out now.

Looks like good things are on their way for you, however. Yes keep looking for your dream (10 cups)..... it is a very real thing for you....

And no, I don't think you have been a fool (although he may be!! :laugh: ) Fool is the Bhuddha mind of openness to new things.... You have been very wise.... You, I would think, are the Heirophant in the first two cards.... not a good match for a cranky old deceptive King of Swords..... does he like to hurt women with his words?

Move on. Learn to watch out for charming men with sharp words..... They will only insult you!

:)

Kahlie

Trying to help!

I found this spread very interesting, and optimistic too. It doesn't go too indepth on your unhappiness but gives a good concise logical insight into it.

According to the forum rules you are supposed to post readings in the My Readings section. It might get some more response too, then posting it here.

I try to help, but well... I have only been experimenting with this Spread for a little while.

It does indeed seem that the source of the problem is that your ideas about a relationship seem to be different from his. (The Hierophant & The King of Swords). Did you try to talk to him about it?

What can make you smile again:
I guess it seems that a new beginning would be best. (The Fool), and enjoying life (3 of Cups). You really seem to be looking for that 1o of Cups feeling that the man didn't give to you, but there might be somebody out there who can give it to you :)

Spread wise:

Again it seems that the eyes lay out the problem more clearly, while I didn't expect that to happen.
The Smile again seems to indicate what would make you happy, but I am still not sure if it is something that is attainable or not.

katie_here

Re: Trying to help!

Kahlie said:

According to the forum rules you are supposed to post readings in the My Readings section. It might get some more response too, then posting it here.

thats okay, I didn't really post for an interpretation, I just wanted you to know what my query was, then see that the cards threw out something really appropriate to show how well I think your spread worked.

I don't mind asking for input just incase my interpretation is way off mark.

Thanks for your comments though!.

Katie.

katie_here

by the way

thanks skytwig for your contribution too. It seems I am reading the cards okay these days.

I was interested to see that you thought that the Hierophant might represent me. I am training to be a Teaching Assistant and I am a Taurus!!!!

These are quoted from Aecletic Tarot Card Meanings

Taurus the Earthly bull may seem an odd sign for a holy man
When the Hierophant appears as a person, he's likely an old, favored teacher.

thanks again.

horoskope88

I'm not too sure if this is appropriate or not to post here...but I tried this spread and dunno what to make of it.

I used the Roots of Asia deck.

the eyes: the King of Wands and Knight of Cups

the smile: the Tower (the Tower being destroyed is right over the man's heart), the 8 of Swords (The figure surrounded by swords covers his eyes and face with his hands in fright, and owl perches on his head with it's eyes wide-open, staring right at you. Makes me think of...opening my eyes to my problems, or something like that). and the 6 of Wands.

Any ideas?

Kahlie

horoskope88, I don't know what your question was. It would same love relatied if you where female. (but I don't know that)

It seems the smile is things that can happen :D
My Querent 1 just met 2 chicks on the same day at the same place, both making eyecontact with him. His Lovers card therefore came true.

BoPeep

Ok, I can't resist.

I am gonna try this spread. I really liked Khalie's 'What's in your heart' spread - this one looks like fun!

Bo

BoPeep

I just did a general spread about myself. No specific question.
I have to agree that the first 2 cards seem to be the things that make you sad:
Mine:
1 - The Fool
2 - 5 Swords
---
3 - World
4 - Queen Swords
5 - Queen Pentacles

interestingly, I have always identified with these 2 queens. I figure the message here is to just be myself...
:)

Thanks, this one has gone into my 'book of spreads' :)

Kahlie

BoBeep, I'm glad you liked the Spread...

For my other querent, his smile came "true'.

For me the smile was: prince of wands, 9 of Pentacles, and 9 of Cups. I read it as making sure I'd be more fiery, and doing some nice things for myself.
I didn't want to see it as the Prince of Wands riding in on his horse, swooping me away, and gaining me the 9 of Cups and the 9 of Pentacles... However, the unbelievable came true, and he is coming =).

His smile was: 3 of Disks, 6 of Cups, Prince of Wands
The Three of Disks is often read as me :p Well, I guess you guys can understand the rest :)