my new way of looking at reversals

MercyMe

Question

Would this same view hold true when dealing with Major Arcana? I was trying this out in a spread today and I got The Sun reversed. So the answer to unblocking this card would be then to return to the realm of the Moon, tune in psychically, see the unseen, realize all has not been revealed yet OR go forward to Judgement to assess the situation?

~Mercy

Imagemaker

In my recent reading where I got the reversed Sun, your suggestion makes a lot of sense, and in fact I did both those things (look for the unseen and evaluate the known) as part of what I did to deal with the situation.

Keigh

Ravenswing said:
if we consider the majors on the tree of life, they are pathways connecting the sephiroth. the influence of a major card is to move from a 'higher' sephiroth to a lower. so a reversal could be seen as going up the tree rather than down...

I have a question for you on majors....If you were looking at the majors in view of the THREE rows of seven: would I move from The Wheel Rx either back a single card to the Hermit or forward to Justice....OR do I move up and down the ROWS - so back one row from the Wheel to The Heirophant or forward one ROW from the Wheel to The Moon?

K

Bohaz

Thirteen said:
So, let's say that reversed 2/swords means our querent can't find the right words to apologize and make this emotional (5/cups) situation right again--so the way to unstick himself is not to use more words (swords) and/or emotion (cups) but to grab a stick (wand) and a rock (pentacles) and lever the boat up and back into the river.

Oh my!! I liked the swich in number from the original post, but I find this about changing the suits? VERY INTERESTING!! Thank you both!!!