'The Chariot' when representing a person physically?

CaballoDeCopas

I think tarot can give you an idea of what someone looks like. I have had the world as short and round, like a little ball, and the tower as incrediably tall...I would say the chariot was a bit stocky, not fat, but solid, probably 5'10-6' for a guy, and he walks erect, no stooping. Could also indicate someone in a wheelchair mind you.

CaballoDeCopas

After all, if someone's at all interested in how a look rather than who I am, I *really* don't want to have anything to do with them!

My sentiments are with you to a point (my looks cause me problems in my love life), however, I would argue that what you look like is part of who you are.

People's physical looks will contribute to different life experiences and this will form part of their identity, the stuff that goes on underneath. Sight is a major sense that the sighted use to inform them of all kinds of things, truths and delusions. I personally think people's experiences of how they are viewed in a physical way is interesting and says something about society and human psychology, it is not merely superficial, but an important and real aspect of life. I believe people on the whole are more curious about what someone will look like than they hold weight in it's worth. Don't parents wonder what their child will look like as they grow? Does this mean they are less interested in who they are? No, just mere curiocity of a sighted person.

nisaba

I have had the world as short and round, like a little ball,
Or lithe and limber like a dancer ...

and the tower as incrediably tall...
Or broken-down, quite possibly bent double and on crutches ...

I would say the chariot was a bit stocky, not fat, but solid,
Or racing-car-driver build, which is a bit like jockey-build (short and underweight).

See how it all falls down when you try to read appearance from the cards? And also, Tarot is here to give us a guide about the important stuff. Appearances are trivial, and change, unlike qualities of character, which are meaningful and last.

Talitha

Or lithe and limber like a dancer ...

Or broken-down, quite possibly bent double and on crutches ...

Or racing-car-driver build, which is a bit like jockey-build (short and underweight).

See how it all falls down when you try to read appearance from the cards? And also, Tarot is here to give us a guide about the important stuff. Appearances are trivial, and change, unlike qualities of character, which are meaningful and last.

I disagree that appearances are trivial when it comes to identification purposes, and the original question and subsequent responses had nothing to do with judging anyone's character based on their looks, at least in my estimation.

However, if someone witnesses a crime, what is the first thing investigators ask the witness to help them catch the perpetrator? Why "What did the person look like?" of course! That's incredibly essential. Likewise if a person goes missing.

I think the same thing can apply in a tarot (or psychic) reading. Describing the physical appearance of someone may help the querent better identify a particular person that may be relevant to the situation. Of course there can be more than one interpretation of a card with regards to the person's appearance, but the same thing goes for interpreting anything else, which is why taking the surrounding cards into consideration is important.

nisaba

However, if someone witnesses a crime, what is the first thing investigators ask the witness to help them catch the perpetrator? Why "What did the person look like?" of course! That's incredibly essential. Likewise if a person goes missing.

It's worth noting that humans are really bad at noticing appearances, even the ones who value it.

A study in the Australian Justice System recently recommended ending identification parades, because in 70% of the time, people got it wrong, when faced with vaguely similar-looking people. And when my daughter was a pre-schooler she disappeared for a short time in a shopping centre. Now, I knew she had dark hair and eyes - but do you think I could remember what she was wearing? And I'd dressed her myself! :bugeyed:

Talitha

It's worth noting that humans are really bad at noticing appearances, even the ones who value it.

A study in the Australian Justice System recently recommended ending identification parades, because in 70% of the time, people got it wrong, when faced with vaguely similar-looking people. And when my daughter was a pre-schooler she disappeared for a short time in a shopping centre. Now, I knew she had dark hair and eyes - but do you think I could remember what she was wearing? And I'd dressed her myself! :bugeyed:

I don't know about Australia, but that certainly isn't the case in America. People are often more accurate than not in correctly identifying a person's gender, complexion, hair color and general body type. In fact, I've personally been a witness to a crime in which I gave a very accurate physical description of a large-framed, average-height, white male with brown hair and a mustache. Most people absolutely tend to remember those things. They remember if a person was a male with dark hair and of tall stature, or a female who is blonde and of short stature.

You mentioned that your daughter disappeared in a shopping center. Don't you think that at least your describing a female child with dark hair and eyes mattered just a little?

nisaba

You mentioned that your daughter disappeared in a shopping center. Don't you think that at least your describing a female child with dark hair and eyes mattered just a little?

<smile> Do you know how many people have dark hair and dark eyes? And I had no idea what clothes I'd put her in that morning, although I'd been looking at them all the time. I don't know what colour most of my Caucasian friends' eyes are - unless I make a point of deciding to memorise their eye-colour, which I've done with only two or three people, I simply don't know. It's a fair bet that most of my non-Caucasian friend have brown eyes. :)

And as to identifying strangers -

werewolfmoon

My ex had to do a line up to identify the lad who stole our son's bike, he picked out the wrong lad, it's very common so the police sergeant said. (UK)

Talitha

nisaba said:
Do you know how many people have dark hair and dark eyes?

Except it wasn't just a person with dark hair and eyes. It was a female child (presumably of a specific age you could recall) with dark hair and eyes. That absolutely helps other people to better narrow down who they're looking for. The more details the better.

My ex had to do a line up to identify the lad who stole our son's bike, he picked out the wrong lad, it's very common so the police sergeant said. (UK)

Of course that's common. It just means he's one of the many people who aren't good at face recognition. However, many people are, and they will also frequently remember an odd or distinctive feature, like crowded teeth, a specific tattoo, etc. Police wouldn't create composite sketches and release such details to the public if they were never helpful at all. And criminals on the loose wouldn't frequently alter their appearance if there wasn't something to it either! People will very often see a suspect's face on television (think 'America's most wanted') and recognize a person's picture on the screen, notify the police, and the suspect is nabbed. In fact, I'm floored by just how good some people are at recognizing a suspect who's aged 20 or 30 years since their last known photo was taken!

I'm also sure many mothers would remember what outfit they dressed their child in if they went missing that same day. I can remember plenty of times during a news report on a missing child when it would be mentioned that the child was last seen "wearing a pink sweater with denim shorts and red shoes" for example.

Besides, the original question was about what The Chariot might indicate in regards to describing someone's physical appearance. I'm quite satisfied I now know what it means with regards to this particular reading. :)

Aina

Hi, my husband always comes up as a Chariot. I think Chariot is confident, in charge and can be good leaders, managers and CEO's. They also take up duty very well and can balance some unpleasant duties and responsibilities with fun. I think Chariot has something karmicly victorious about them. They are one step ahead, more like the natural leaders that also have the gift to inspire and motivate others. Talking about appearance, they have a likability factor, which means the appearance is as inspiring and pleasant as some personality traits. I don't know astrology but Cancer descriptions suits Chariot, from what I've experienced the Chariot to come up in my readings. Sometimes Chariot can have a negative meaning in a way that the person can have a tendency to rule others and order them around. As a partner, he would be "in charge" probably and sometimes could even probably feel "too cold and too busy to understand". However I think this shadowy side is unconscious and Chariot is a good willing personage.