Shuffling

Sorceress_Jade

The cardstock is so thin on these cards, I wonder what the best method of shuffling is.

What do you all do?

-Jade-

Faerie Lin

Well, I find thinner card stocks easy to shuffle as they do not need to be broken in. May I ask if you are having any trouble shuffling them?

The cardstock on the Vertigo Tarot is thinner than the Faeries' Oracle, very noticably thinner.

Lin

Butterfly

Actually, I'm surprised that you find the card stock to be thin. I've never noticed. I thought they were quite thick.
Anyway, i tried fanning them like she suggested, but it was jilted and unspontaneous. So I followed my intuition and came up with my own method- the faeries love it LOL
I squish them around like I'm making a mud pie, then I stack them. Once they are gathered up I throw them down at an angle, sort of like a frisbee, and call out splat! They spread themselves out and I pick the ones that stand out. It reminds me that faeries are fun. I know, I should act my age!
That's if I'm doing a spread. For a daily reading, I shuffle until a single card falls out.

Rhiannon

I just sit on my bed and sort of smush them all around, face down, in a big circle until they're spread out. Kind of like stirring them. They think it's quite amusing. I think they want me to pick them up and let them fall out... but I won't do that because I don't want to chase them around the room to gather them up later! :D Somebody has to restrain them! Anyway, after I spread them all out I say "OK, who wants to talk to me?" and then I pick one, or a few.... whatever. I don't think I've ever actually "shuffled" them the way I do with my tarot decks.

Rhiannon :)

Jimilyn

Gee...

I've just shuffled my the regular old way. But your ways sound so much more fun. "Splat!" "Who wants to talk?"

It's great! And sounds like soooooo much fun. I just may have to start smushing my faeries around, too...and see how they like it.

Jimilyn

Sorceress_Jade

shuffling and whatnot

Yes, I found I was wrong about the shuffling, though I admit I was worried about it. My Adrian deck is about the same weight and I have mucho trouble with it, but it's much longer and that may be the reason.

I've done the arch, which is tedious in picking the cards out for me. And I've never been one for the mushy swirling thing, though I have a friend who does that with ALL of her decks. I always wonder if Thoth actually likes that, lol.

I'm trying to do a spread with the Faeries for someone online, and it's not as easy as I thought it might be. The cards and I are having issues with what spread to use. Going to try the number thing where the querrent picks it, but the layout may just have to be a straif.

~sigh~ Any ideas? I'll try the swirly mush and see how that goes but i'm the sort that likes all my cards the same direction. ~i'm anal, lol~

Thanx for the input all!

suzyspellbound

I felt they were thin too! I like the splat idea too! I tend to mix them about and then pick out cards randomly from the centre of the deck in a much less "formal way" from how I would my other decks.

Jewel

I shuffle them (as opposed to mixing them), then cut them in 3 piles, restack the piles as the faeries move me to do and then fan them out and pick the cards. My faeries seem to like this ... I do not do all this with my Tarot cards, just with these.

SherryZoned

If i am asking "Who wants to talk?" I will shuffle until a card pops out or flips over...it seems easier for me..I am "anal" also i like them all going one way..

Jewel

With the faeries I also keep them in upright position, they let you know what are they are trying to say and some will demand you personally turn them upside down if they want to be that way. Like I have said many times, this is a very interactive deck that will never ever get boring.