Gilded Reverie Lenormand Expanded Edition

tarotlova

Any chance of buying just the extra cards as I have the deck already and don't want to buy another one?

cirom

Any chance of buying just the extra cards as I have the deck already and don't want to buy another one?

That's a valid question, and one which I'm sure many others will be asking also.

Producing these cards and offering them as an optional extra package seems like an obvious and better option, and indeed thats what both myself and the publisher initially discussed. However when that idea was explained and presented to the printer, they in turn explained that the process of adding the metallic edges requires a double trimming process ( I honestly don't understand the specifics) and therefore they could not guarantee an exact trim to match a previous print run. Now we are talking of a minor discrepancy for sure, and one that probably exists in many other decks with different print runs, maybe a little as a one or two mm. But even that difference would have been noticeable in a stacked deck, and certainly would have been "felt" when handling. While not that dramatic, it was still an imperfection that we (the publisher and I) would not have been comfortable with. And we would not have wanted to be associated with what many people might have considered a flawed match.
So we decided that it had to be a full new deck. A decision that most certainly will cost us sales, because many like yourself will not wish to purchase a second deck. But despite that, I think we made the correct choice, professionally if not financially.

danieljuk

I love the Gilded Reverie but I bought it some years after the original edition and was fashionably late to the party :p So I am so happy to get this deck and those extra cards! Preordering as soon as I can in the UK! one of my fave Lenormands :thumbsup:

tarotlova

That's a valid question, and one which I'm sure many others will be asking also.

Producing these cards and offering them as an optional extra package seems like an obvious and better option, and indeed thats what both myself and the publisher initially discussed. However when that idea was explained and presented to the printer, they in turn explained that the process of adding the metallic edges requires a double trimming process ( I honestly don't understand the specifics) and therefore they could not guarantee an exact trim to match a previous print run. Now we are talking of a minor discrepancy for sure, and one that probably exists in many other decks with different print runs, maybe a little as a one or two mm. But even that difference would have been noticeable in a stacked deck, and certainly would have been "felt" when handling. While not that dramatic, it was still an imperfection that we (the publisher and I) would not have been comfortable with. And we would not have wanted to be associated with what many people might have considered a flawed match.
So we decided that it had to be a full new deck. A decision that most certainly will cost us sales, because many like yourself will not wish to purchase a second deck. But despite that, I think we made the correct choice, professionally if not financially.

Thank you for the detailed reply :) and yes that makes complete sense. Even the slightest difference in the card mm would be noticed. Not only in the stacked deck but the shuffling too I feel. :thumbsup:

Melia

I'm glad you like it, because it was quite a challenge for me to hold that pose while i took the reference selfie :)

Lol at DND's comment and your response. I'm glad to see the 'original' deck finally being printed once more. Oddly, that male card looks strikingly like someone I know well. No chance you could revamp the rider and replace it with a male? ... then it would be a great deck. In any case, well done for the wonderful success you've already had with this deck. I'm sure the sales of this new release will be good.

DownUnderNZer

Keeping quiet in my little corner of the world. :D :D :D

But to have the "extra" cards would definitely be cool and especially the "Man" and "Woman".

DND :)

Lol at DND's comment and your response. I'm glad to see the 'original' deck finally being printed once more. Oddly, that male card looks strikingly like someone I know well. No chance you could revamp the rider and replace it with a male? ... then it would be a great deck. In any case, well done for the wonderful success you've already had with this deck. I'm sure the sales of this new release will be good.

I'm glad you like it, because it was quite a challenge for me to hold that pose while i took the reference selfie :)

Dang! Just for the extra MAN and WOMAN it would be a consideration. And that MAN shown in the video is definitely my type. :D

DND :)