Fans of Revelations Deck - What are other decks you love?

LaGitane

Hi,

I am using the Revelations deck and I LOVE it! I love the complex imagery, the non-european / christian symbology, the colours, the intensity of the deck...

So, if you are like me and you LOVE this deck, what are some other decks you love??

:)
LaGitane

Mariana

For similar colours I'd suggest Ciro Marchetti's decks: Gilded Tarot, Tarot of Dreams and Legacy of the Divine Tarot. For the non-European feel, perhaps Lynyrd Narciso's decks (Philippines): not the widely available Vanessa, but Les Adorables Tarot, Tarot Whispers at the House of Dusk etc. - check Tarot Garden or http://blue-fusion.deviantart.com/gallery/ .

Strange2

I've been enjoying the Tarot Czterech Zywiolow, which like the Revelations deck has both upright and reversed images on some of the cards. It also has some colorful, intense images.

Cerulean

Curiously Asian or allow creative readings

Energy Tarot by Cheryl Shen--gorgeous colors, great flip book of majors although all the text is Chinese, the free book with full-color illustrations of the majors as a picture is lovely. All the pips are illustrated.

I've posted so much about the Lunatic Tarot, too many times to tell! Also all illustrated pips, Taiwanese.

For beautifully different Asian, I also like Roots of Asia depths and lately, also picked up the lollipop-pretty and cheerful-dry-humor of Osho Zen again. I feel like I adopted a great-aunt with a penchant for pretty colors and slightly humor whenever I read the descriptions. While they are published by AG Mueller, their look and feel aren't typical European old-school tarot.

Some interesting reads also come from the Lo Scarabeo's Tarot of the Secret Forest with black and white images on one side and colored images on another.

I'm sure there's more, those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

Cerulean

LaGitane

Thanks!!

Thanks everyone!! You have given me SO much to be tempted with!

Mariana - Thanks for putting me onto Lynyrd Narciso, I mean, WOW, WOW, WOW!

Strange2 - This also looks like a cool reversals deck. I find the reversed imagery helps me a lot even when the card comes upright.

Cerulean - I had been eying the Osho Zen actually! I also noticed Miracle Tarot which looks interesting and has similar manga-style artwork. I am of European origin but am currently living in south-east Asia and I find these decks work really well for me. Roots of Asia is gorgeous! I love the Buddhist imagery!

I am pretty happy with my Revelations but am keen to try new things as well and get well on the way to starting a very colourful tarot collection.

Thanks again...

LaGitane

karen0205

I agree with Cerulean, the Energy Tarot is so under rated. It's beautiful artwork, lively colors and really nice borders. I think you would like it if you like Revelations.

karen

LaGitane

Where can I find it?

Hi Karen and Cerulean - how come I can't find the Energy Tarot anywhere?? I want to look at the cards... Have tried Tarot Garden with no luck, and it's not in the Aeclectic decks listing (gasp!). TG has an 'Energy Tarot' deck by Chen Rong - is this the same one??

Any clues?

Thanks...

Cerulean

The picture looks the same on Tarotgarden.com

Energy Tarot

Designer(s), Artist(s): Chen Rong
Country of Publication: China
Number of Cards: 78
Publication Year: 2005
Publication Status: In Print

My supplier of two years ago had listed Cheryl Shen, but I do not know the current "Chinese/Taiwanese" translation of her name in English.

I do not know if the supplier will work from where you are, I seem to remember some mixed reviews from buyers--but I don't have any evidence if this supplier is reliable or not right now. I think going with Tarotgarden has better service and am including the link of Dec 2008 for comparison:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shen-Cheryl-Ene...ItemQQimsxZ20081124?IMSfp=TL081124138010r3201

LaGitane

Hi Cerulean,

YES, YES, that is the one!! Your link has more images. Fantastic!

Ooooooooh I think I am in love... I have looked everywhere for Miracle Tarot which also has manga-style drawings but it must be out of print, nobody has it in stock.

Found Roots of Asia on amazon, sold out elsewhere.

Ok, the other one I found that I am strangely drawn to is the Tarot of the Magical Forest: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/magical-forest/ !! It is just too much fun.

I think I am not yet brave enough for Osho Zen. Ok so now I have to choose between Roots of Asia, Energy Tarot, and Magical Forest.... Eep! Santa, here comes my list!

:) Light to you all and thanks!!

Gitane

Briar Rose

I am really loving this deck. I have introduced it to a tarot reader in my area and she can't wait to work with it. I don't know of another deck quite like Revelations.