Fantastical Creatures Tarot

Lenah

One of the very best

I love the Fantastical Creatures Tarot. After the last 15 years of steady Tarot reading, as well as some very sporadic reading going back as far as 1972, I truly believe that this deck is one of the best. It presents "snapshots" into the lives and Being-ness (sounds so New Agey, ack!!) of Creatures that actually do exist. The pictures painted are of actual, presently-existing Creatures that are willing to do certain things, according to their natures, for people. If you get nothing else from this deck, please get it that these creatures are real--albeit not all of them are in the "mundane" or "earth" plane. So when we're learning the deck, we are developing relationships and interrelationships among these living beings.
It is true that some of the cards look a little scary, but the little pamphlet that comes with the deck does clearly point out that the weird, really bizarre looking gargoyle type faces throughout the deck are actually *protections.* They are like the protector spirits of some cultures, which can be absolutely horrifying looking, but they look scary in order to frighten off negative spirits & energies.So they are actually quite positive beings. The gargoyle faces work both as protections for the reader and for the characters within the deck itself. And if I may repeat my original point just once, the deck's paintings are of genuine, actual, real Being energies. That is why the pamphlet suggests ways of *using* the cards in genuine, actual, and real ways to progress! A picture on a card can't do anything, but a card whose picture is a portal, a connection, to the actual energy of that being, well, there aren't many cards that do that these days.It is unique.
I just love this deck!
~~ Angelina H.

Lenah

Getting ripped....?

I was really shocked today to see an article on the Fantastical *Creatures* [ :) ] Tarot in which my post was plagarized. Most of it was reworded, but the ideas were mine. I will not post on these forums again, not if people are stealing someone else's idea like that. What a dang bummer!
~~ Lena

OctoberGwen

Lenah said:
I was really shocked today to see an article on the Fantastical *Creatures* [ :) ] Tarot in which my post was plagarized. Most of it was reworded, but the ideas were mine. I will not post on these forums again, not if people are stealing someone else's idea like that. What a dang bummer!
~~ Lena

You only posted two days ago! Where did you see the article?

Wendywu

You know, oftentimes people think the same way about something ......

missy

Lenah said:
~~ Lena

I am glad you talked about the deck, as I was not aware of the deck. I am now interested in it, and wouldn't have been if you hadn't mentioned it. :)

Exactly where did you see your post plagiarized?

I don't think anything I've ever written here has been plagiarized, and I have written a lot :D being of the talkative sort :D

This is a great community. It would be a shame to have you leave here unnecessarily. Why don't you post a link, and let us have a look?

I agree with WendyWu; sometimes "ideas" can be someone else's but sound like our own; is it possible that is what happened? :)

At any rate, thank you for posting about this deck! :) I am off to look for more pix and info about it.

missy

Wow, guys, check this out!

Here are the majors for this deck:

http://www.fantasticalcreatures.com/majors.html

Stunning! :D

My favorite Majors are: Well, I love all of them! :D But I especially like The Fool, Empress, Chariot, Strength, Lovers, really, all of them! :D

To the original poster: Since they all have wings, and if these are "real" creatures, does that mean they are "real" as in with wings?

All the cards can be seen here:

http://www.fantasticalcreatures.com/gallery.html

All the suits are really beautiful. :love:

Libra8ca

Yes, it is a stunning deck :D Out of all of Lisa Hunt's decks this is the one I like the most. She's really great at drawing animals. To me, this deck has more of a fairytale "feel" than her fairy-tale deck.
Regarding, the theory that these creatures exist on another plane, like Lenah mentioned, I'd really like to know where Lisa got her inspirations for these creatures. These creatures remind me of the half-animal / half-human creatures of Greek mythology (it's been a long time I read about these and I'm no expert) and if these creatures show up in different cultures throughout differnt ages, then maybe there is something to them?
Anyways, really stunning deck!! :love:

iceclone

Thanks for posting this thread. I've seen this deck before but didn't really appreciate it then. But now it looks interesting... Lol. I hope you'll come back to post again...

Just a question: does this deck follow the swords=fire, wands=air? Because this is my only concern. Thanks!

missy

My other question, is it looks like this isn't a RWS clone and seems to be a whole new system to learn.

Is this the case?

Example: Four of Cups (Tiamat)

Seen here in the Cups suit: http://www.fantasticalcreatures.com/cups.html

Traditional meanings like apathy, self-absorption do not seem to apply.

Any thoughts? :)