"now-infamous Dollar Tree Tarot"?

Tiggy-cat

Wow, very interesting. Maybe I'll try a majors only reading, or devise a courts only spread to try with my DTT deck.

These have been reincarnated as the Wishcraft Tarot. Find it here: http://www.wishcraftmagic.com/tarot.php

Bookman's at Country Club and Southern in Mesa, for those of you who live in the Phoenix area, had a crapload of these this morning. They wanted $6 each for them, and each one is NOS meaning they're sealed. I think they had about a dozen copies? I might go back and pick up a couple for resale.

It's the same line art as the Dollar Tree tarot but the printing is in black, neon pink, and electric blue. The lurid colour scheme works better than the original, IMO. They also have proper 8s, 9s, and 10s instead of having the Ace and a 1 with no 8 or 9 cards. The funky placeholder cards are gone too, replaced by a full sequence of suits. The card stock is much heavier, more like US Games card stock, and has a nice semigloss laminate coating. No sticky feeling, no gritty feeling, it feels like a standard Tarot deck.

The Majors have no Key numbers. I think all of us can place them in order in our sleep, though. ;)

It also comes with a 'magical mat' which is basically a heavy felt Tarot cloth. The cloth itself is made of neon pink heavy craft felt with the spread printed in black ink. I suppose it's nice if you want to learn a new spread, otherwise it's not really useful. It's still much better quality than the cheapass paper one that came with the DTT.

The cards themselves come in their own tuck box, and the full set is in a triangular (when seen from the side) box. I'm keeping everything as a set.

So if you guys are interested, here it is. Enjoy!

chimera68

Thanks for the Link!!!

These have been reincarnated as the Wishcraft Tarot. Find it here: http://www.wishcraftmagic.com/tarot.php

Bookman's at Country Club and Southern in Mesa, for those of you who live in the Phoenix area, had a crapload of these this morning. They wanted $6 each for them, and each one is NOS meaning they're sealed. I think they had about a dozen copies? I might go back and pick up a couple for resale.

It's the same line art as the Dollar Tree tarot but the printing is in black, neon pink, and electric blue. The lurid colour scheme works better than the original, IMO. They also have proper 8s, 9s, and 10s instead of having the Ace and a 1 with no 8 or 9 cards. The funky placeholder cards are gone too, replaced by a full sequence of suits. The card stock is much heavier, more like US Games card stock, and has a nice semigloss laminate coating. No sticky feeling, no gritty feeling, it feels like a standard Tarot deck.

The Majors have no Key numbers. I think all of us can place them in order in our sleep, though. ;)

It also comes with a 'magical mat' which is basically a heavy felt Tarot cloth. The cloth itself is made of neon pink heavy craft felt with the spread printed in black ink. I suppose it's nice if you want to learn a new spread, otherwise it's not really useful. It's still much better quality than the cheapass paper one that came with the DTT.

The cards themselves come in their own tuck box, and the full set is in a triangular (when seen from the side) box. I'm keeping everything as a set.

So if you guys are interested, here it is. Enjoy!

SUPER COOL, Thanks! I might order one too.

Darkmage

The only thing I don't like about the Wishcraft is that there's really no way to tell if most of the pip cards are upright or reversed unless you look at the back. They're a lot like playing cards in that respect.

People seem to really like this deck, though. I brought it out with me the other night and I had three people ask where I found it. It's really easy to see the designs in low light, unlike a lot of other decks.

So the Dollar Tree Tarot in its original incarnation is more for my collection, but the Wishcraft (DTT 2.0 for all practical purposes) looks like it's going to be dragged around town quite a bit.

seakla

I have it, in fact my Pagan group where I live each got one simply because it was there. None of us actually use it but keep it more as a novelty. I don't like the usage of only 3 colors and don't like the imagery. One of my friends does like that it lists meanings on the cards though. I have one I keep in the package and one I use as a "spell deck" in the instances that a spell required destroying a card.

Finch

I was at Toys R Us today and found one of their kits in the 90% clearance bin - I got the Wishcraft tarot, the pendulum, and one of those foldy fortune-tellers for $.70. So if you thought it was too pricey at the dollar store, now you have a cheaper option!

Oni

Finch

you are lucky i looked and did not see this at my Toy R Us they told me they do not carry "satan" toys!

Carla

Finch

you are lucky i looked and did not see this at my Toy R Us they told me they do not carry "satan" toys!

Are you serious? LOL Did you laugh?