Any tarot decks similar to Shadowscapes and Dreaming Way?

kimtsan

I'm a sucker for fantasy-themed deck and I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for tarot decks (or oracle decks) similar to the artwork in Shadowscapes and Dreaming Way. For oracle decks, I really love the artwork in Enchanted Map by Colette Baron Reid--any suggestions for that, too? Oh, and does anyone know of any tarot decks that are independently published but are overlooked awesome decks??? :D I'm a collector, so I am always looking out for new discoveries.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/shadowscapes/
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/dreaming-way/
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/enchanted-map-oracle/

Thanks in advance! xoxo

nisaba

Here'sa link to the 7th World Deck, which you might or might not like.

Taste in Tarot is so subjective that if two people love the same deck, one of them will probably hate a deck the other one loves. :) I cannot look at my deck and, from your post, recommend decks you'll certainly like. If you rummaged through my collection, I'd probably be quite surprised by some of the ones you like - I know I'm hugely surprised every time a Tarot friend whom I know very well turns up and goes through the collection, he's always liking decks I thought wouldn't interest him, or passing on decks I thought he'd love.

Melia

Ciro Marchetti's Oracle of Visions (standard edition), to be published by U.S. Games, will be released this year. You may want to take a look.

kimtsan

Here'sa link to the 7th World Deck, which you might or might not like.

Taste in Tarot is so subjective that if two people love the same deck, one of them will probably hate a deck the other one loves. :) I cannot look at my deck and, from your post, recommend decks you'll certainly like. If you rummaged through my collection, I'd probably be quite surprised by some of the ones you like - I know I'm hugely surprised every time a Tarot friend whom I know very well turns up and goes through the collection, he's always liking decks I thought wouldn't interest him, or passing on decks I thought he'd love.

I took a look! The artwork looks amazing! I do prefer having actual pictures on the minor arcana cards, though. Having that said, I might just acquire it to add to my collection... :p Thanks for the recommendation!

kimtsan

Ciro Marchetti's Oracle of Visions (standard edition), to be published by U.S. Games, will be released this year. You may want to take a look.

I KNOW THIS DECK!!! I think it's been published before but got sold out or something? Maybe I'm remembering something else. I'M BUYING IT AS SOON AS IT COMES OUT. Is there pre-ordering, I wonder...

GlitterNova

Check out Paulina Cassidy's decks--The Paulina Tarot and the Joie de Vivre Tarot. I'd also suggest the Tarot of the Dream Enchantress if you like the watercolor style of artwork used in the Dreaming Way tarot.

Dee Ell

Check out Paulina Cassidy's decks--The Paulina Tarot and the Joie de Vivre Tarot. I'd also suggest the Tarot of the Dream Enchantress if you like the watercolor style of artwork used in the Dreaming Way tarot.

The Dream Enchantress is indeed beautiful GlitterNova! I'm just wondering if you find it readable? A common theme I've noticed here is that people become enamoured of a deck's artwork, but as time passes they agree it's just nice to take out and look at, but not read with...

kimtsan

I have the Paulina Tarot!! :D And I just checked out Tarot of the Dream Enchantress. It looks absolutely stunning!! *add to to-buy* Sigh. So many amazing, beautiful decks out there...!