"Paper" version Rider-Waite

Wheel of Fantastic

Over the past few months - since last September - I have gone a bit nuts buying Blue Box RWS decks on EBay UK, all of them around the £65 mark once bidding ended and I've seen a few go for less than that earlier on. It is possible to avoid the scalpers.

Why do I need multiple Blue Box RWS decks including 2 first print Blushing Fool decks? I was overcome by a feverish need. I'm better now, honestly! Plus, they are absolutely awesome!

Le Fanu

I'm curious about these paper-like versions. I mean, I'm all for aging a deck to give them a vintage effect, but won't it mean that if you use them they'd easily get grubbier or more prone to stains than normally laminated decks? Or would that become part of their appeal?
I think it's a myth that unlaminated decks don't last. They last perfectly well. I have unlaminated decks over 30 years old that have been used and loved and they are still in good condition. Like I say, nice and comfy, but not deteriorated in any way. There's something about the feel of paper and not plastic which makes them feel more organic and personal.
Over the past few months - since last September - I have gone a bit nuts buying Blue Box RWS decks on EBay UK, all of them around the £65 mark once bidding ended and I've seen a few go for less than that earlier on. It is possible to avoid the scalpers!
Before prices went up, I picked up a few non-copyright ones and a couple of those rare tuck-box ones. It is a deck I love. I hardly even notice the plaid backs anymore

Abrac

Search for YouTube videos, there are some good ones that show how to spot a true vintage RWS and explain the differences in the different versions. Some of the early yellow box ones are every bit as nice as the blue box and you can get a good deal on one if you know what to look for. :)