Total Darkness

hhngkk

I am a newbie to tarot, and I just find that no deck suit me. I am just looking for a deck of darkness. I know it is not popular at all. So I tried to seek help here, and ask if anyone of the artist can help me to creat one.

I know it sounds dumb, but I really need help!!! XD

Khepri

Deck of Darkness?

Sounds interesting, and I'm sure somebody will be able to help, but it might be easier if you could give a better idea of what you mean...

NightWing

A Dark Deck Indeed

You sound like a customer for a "black-on-black" deck, where all the design would consist of various "shades" and "intensities" of the colour black. Interesting.

Have you checked out the Gothic Tarot by Joseph Vargo? It is certainly a very dark deck, where even the light of the Star is black. There is no depiction of natural sunlight in it at all, and there are all those vampires, gargoyles, and other fell creatures of the stygian depths...seen but dimly. You may like it. Many of the "night-kind" have. })

Ankou

hmm.. Flat black with gloss black images, and maybe some deep gemtones here and there... I would be into that, at least to try a couple of cards...

What subject/theme are we talking here? Dark Fae? Not big on another vampire deck... But maybe a Deco-style Dark Fairy with a filagree style image?

hmm... new sketches are brewing in the nether regions of my grey matter...

Love and Light,

Ankou

HudsonGray

There are a lot of dark decks, from the Vertigo to that one done up of all cemetery statues that was beautifully done. Have you looked at the Archeon deck? That came out earlier this year.

blackroseivy

Then there is, of course the Guardian Tarot, which I still hold is as dark as any around, despite being advised otherwise, elsewhere...

NightWing

Blackest of Decks

Ankou: How about a black-on-black deck with a Persephone/Pluto in the Underworld theme? I like the filigree notion, and can well imagine it. Give it some further thought!

Ankou

I was thinking, insects, like praying mantises...

But I love the Greek underworld idea! Like the vases in that publo style (which at cannot remember the name of at this time of morning)... But done with a deco greecian theme... hmmm yes very good possibilities there!

Thanks Nightwing!!! :cool: :D I'm booked solid right now, but I'll do some sketches. I may only get one or two cards of it done, but at least other people can see the idea :) ....

Need more coffe, don' wanna go work... grrr...

Love,

Ankou

Umbrae

You are looking perhaps for a Drogi?

Majors only you are looking for a Giger (or the Baphomet).

A Vargo Gothic?

You want to delve deep into darkness? How about the Book of Kaos…
:smoker:

whoops - just noticed I'm in Deck Creation not tarot decks...oh well - please disregard my post.

grrrr...more coffee...

Ankou

Yes... coffee, coffee, and then som more coffee! I should have a coffee cup avatar... Any who!....

So I was thinking innitially I'd do a quick comp. gen. image to show where I'm seeing this go and I was also thinking

Pomegranite = Devil
High Priestess = Persephonie
Empress = Demeter

for a start?

Love and Light,

Ankou