New deck, Hexen 2.0

gregory

Rats; mine is a used copy from abe....

nicky

I freaking love this deck !!!

Cocobird55

I'm off to Amazon to order this -- it looks fascinating! I probably won't get the book.

Dusk Till Dawn

There is a very short introduction about Suzanne Treister's work and then the rest of the book is made up of full colour plates of various pieces of her art work including large versions of each of the illustrations for the tarot deck. There is no individual explanation for each of the pictures or cards. I ended up sending my copy back to Amazon as there was a crease in the back cover and some of the pages were damaged anyway....

The deck IS fascinating - though I am at a complete loss at the moment as to how/why the images were selected. I picked a card at random...9 of Wands - a mind map of the 'history' of LSD -now where do I start...?

My second copy of the deck (the first had two copies of Temperance and NO copy of the Star) is on its way. I guess it is going to be a deck for some serious research/study...
Thank you so much!

Cocobird55

My deck came today. It's an amazing deck. I don't know who a lot of the people are, but it's still interesting.

Has anyone tried to read with it?

Laura Borealis

My deck came today. It's an amazing deck. I don't know who a lot of the people are, but it's still interesting.

Has anyone tried to read with it?

I am pretty sure that if I did, LSD would mysteriously be introduced into the drinking water of every major city, governments would fall all over the world, and spacemen from Sirius would arrive at my doorstep and hand me a plate of pancakes. And then shit would start to get weird.

ahclem

I am pretty sure that if I did, LSD would mysteriously be introduced into the drinking water of every major city, governments would fall all over the world, and spacemen from Sirius would arrive at my doorstep and hand me a plate of pancakes. And then shit would start to get weird.
Wait, you haven't gotten your pancakes yet?

starlightexp

So I like the book. First thing is it's a big layout. True most of the book is given over to a reproduction of the deck but there are several things in it to help one understand this deck better.
The three page opening gives you a lot of info about the artist and the themes that re in the deck.
For me it's the next 8 pages in the book that make be glad I got it. It's a chapter called Historical Diagrams. on these pages are several VERY detailed and complex diagrams that link all the concepts in the cards. The cover of the book as one on it to give you an idea. I have been pouring over these the last few days. They are fascinating. To me it gives a map of how the cards lay out to each other and how cards relate to each other. Defiantly not your GD tarot deck this one. the last 1/3 of the book is given over to portraits and quotes of attendees of the Macy Conferences.

While by no means the normal guide to a tarot the Hexen is really not a normal tarot to being with. What the book does is put the concepts on the grid for you. You need to do the research on the ideas, but once you know them then you can see them in the greater scheme of things in the counter culture world of the deck.