Temperance in new/potential relationship?

Juriana

I have read that this card as how someone feels,sees you, thinks of you especially in new relationship readings can indicate that the other person just wants to be friends. Has this rung true for you guys? I would've thought that if someone just was interested in you as a friend other cards would show up like the 3 of Cups and well can't really think of other cards that would indicate someone just wanting to be friends.

Whats your take on Temperance card as outcome/appearance regardless of position in a reading where a new relationship is involved. (how someone feels,sees you, thinks of you.)

Grizabella

They see you as "well put together", whether in dressing or maybe just appearance in general. That would be one meaning that comes to mind.

The Temperance card usually shows an angel or other entity concocting something or other, which would mean they'd need the knowledge of what they were making, so it could also suggest someone who has advanced education and knowledge about what they're doing.

liveandbloom

Calm, collected, well-adjusted (similar to what Grizabella said), well-rounded, balanced, stable. Tempered materials are less fragile.

Ace of Stars

Whats your take on Temperance card as outcome/appearance regardless of position in a reading where a new relationship is involved. (how someone feels,sees you, thinks of you.)

I would read it as they like you, but they don't want to jump in too fast/be extreme. Temperance likes to grow, and knows that the best way to make real progress is through considered, moderate change. I can hear Temperance saying, "I really like him/her and we've planned our next date. Let's just take it one day at a time, and see what happens."

Grizabella

Temperance is a card that can represent Sagittarius. I remember once several years ago, Thirteen made a post about how Temperance doesn't necessarily mean balance. A Sagittarian is a free spirit who doesn't like being tied down, so they can be somewhat elusive and prone to going off on a tangent in search of something they're interested in that may have nothing to do with the direction they were headed in the first place.

I apologize to Thirteen if I remembered this wrong, but it stood out in my memory because I'm a Sagittarian and what she said was so appropriate to my own life.

delinfrey

How about influence from past relationships? I mean, Temperance comes after death so I have never seen it as balance, more like "being tempered", improving after hardship, emerging from ashes etc. Perhaps that's a different angle to add to the meaning?

Juriana

Thank you so much ladies for your input, when I saw this card I remembered what I once found on here (read) in regards to this card "sees, feels thinks of you as a friend" I honestly thought he wanted to blend with me (romantically) but isn't that what we do when we make new friends, we blend quite nicely or else why else would they become our friend, right?

Needless to say this guy friend-zoned me. Yep, bummer.

Lucas Prince of Cats

Temperance is perfect, a balance of yin and yang, and internal to external.