Whats your 'Tower' story? :D

VGimlet

My favorite tower story involves a reading I did when we were taking our long trip up to Alaska, driving a lot of miles every day. (Let me just say, it was an awesome trip.)

We were in Canada, and I did my three card daily draw.
I can't remember what deck it was, but it showed stuff strewn all over at the foot of the tower. I took that to mean we would have to change our route unexpectedly.

Soo...we're driving along that morning, and about 30 miles down the road, there was an overturned logging truck with logs all over the road, and it was blocking the direction we were going. Even funnier, because I'd showed DH my reading. We stopped, and he looked at me and said, "Hmm, looks just like that card in your deck." (Nobody was hurt, BTW, it was just a big mess.)

Usually I take the tower as nothing catastrophic for daily draws, in most cases.

kglyphics

I've gotten the Tower RX as rocking someone's world (in a good way).

Ilaris

I've had the tower as finding out something that really changed things for me. It was a situation in which I just didn't want to see what was really going on and the tower was fortelling me that the truth would be put in front of me wether I wanted it or not :-S

Another time, I got this card as outcome when asking about my abilities to channel some information. What I mean with "channel" is to receive information from "above". I inmediately interpreted the tower as the connection I was going to be able to achieve. The Tower representing this channel (me), receiving the information (the lightning in the RWS card). And that was what happened. It took some time, but I was able to do it!

SunChariot

I don't recall whether its ever come up at an appropriate time, but for me I consider the following Tower moments in my life:

- layoff from my career of 15 years. An unexpected shock, but it led to some wonderful things.

- breast cancer. Another unexpected shock which did NOT lead to some wonderful things.

I consider them Tower moments because the change came from outside myself, and without my permission, or prior knowledge.

That just shows how we all differ as readers. :grin: change that comes from outside of yourself, unexpected without our permission and that is not planned on, is for me my meaning of the Wheel. The Tower is, for me, just change that is sudden, happens very quickly and has a strong effect that lasts a very long time or forever.

Also, very very sorry to hear you had to go through all that. :heart:

Babs

Rhoswen

A few weeks ago I did a 3-card draw asking about a small job-related presentation I'd be giving: Tower / Moon / 2 of Wands. (posted in Your Readings)

The presentation went well. But within 6 days my car was stolen... and recovered, 3 days later, with no damage and missing a flashlight and pack of gum. That's kind of a miracle, as it turns out that it's a model often stolen and chopped for parts.

The experience has brought some internal changes, and cost me my deductible, which is an unexpected, almost-major expense at the worst time of year for such things.

I decided it was a case of the cards answering an un-asked question, which—from my reading here at AT—seems to happen sometimes?

MissCW

Luckily I've only ever had what I consider a "real" tower moment.

A few years ago I spent quite a lot of time abroad (working summer seasons) and I was seeing someone from another country. It was pretty secret, not many people had known about it.

I had drawn the tower just before I went back.

Anyway when I had gone back to the country I met my friend from there for dinner on my first night before I saw anyone else. She didn't know about it and was filling me in on all the gossip. You can possibly guess what happened next! His escapades were the main talk of the town.

Looking back it was nothing more than a longer than normal holiday fling and i can laugh about it but at the time I really hadn't seen it coming at all! I was devastated lol, but was so glad I'd found out (later anyway!)

But that was a real tower experience for me.

vee

My Tower moments:

Finding out I was pregnant at the absolute worst time: ended up being the best thing that ever happened to me though! Now that was a serious tower moment. I had drawn it the week before asking what direction my life was going to go in the near future.

I drew the Tower twice during the week I was massively decluttering my house, :laugh:. It fit perfectly. I was drowning in all my stuff and throwing it all out freed me.

NikkiB

I had the tower come up repeatedly over the course of a period where my finace walked out without warning after ten years, I became seriously ill, as a result of the first two situations I had dire money issues, two of my cats died, and I tried to commit suicide because my whole world had completely fallen apart. Over the course of this time the tower showed up almost every reading I had or did for myself.

The other time was related to a mans feelings for me I kept getting tower and devil - so he wasnt after my mind lol!

Carla

change that comes from outside of yourself, unexpected without our permission and that is not planned on, is for me my meaning of the Wheel. The Tower is, for me, just change that is sudden, happens very quickly and has a strong effect that lasts a very long time or forever.

I read them the same as this, too! Tower for me is usually something really unexpected, but not necessarily unpleasant, but a big surprise or shock. Or maybe I just haven't had a 'true' Tower moment yet!

Amanda

I suppose the most memorable (at this moment) was pulling it to represent a sudden death in a querent's life, and another time I pulled it to represent someone falling down the stairs and breaking their leg.