Whats your 'Tower' story? :D

tarotbear

You know, in a love (or sex) reading, the Tower could represent a hot and heavy sexual encounter - a spring-busting, headboard slamming, earthquake-orgasm type - that never progresses past that one fling.

Sharysa

I'm new here, but may I offer you a hug? ...and congratulations on getting the part. And on achieving your happiness despite unfair choices being forced upon you.

For all its direness, the Tower is a harbinger of good things...even if they come wrapped in suckiness. I think a good motto for it could be "Not Another Learning Experience...."

Thank you for the hug, but I haven't gotten the part yet; right now I'm just waiting for my second chance to come up.

See, the theater was rather unprofessional by 1) cancelling the callbacks just because there were tons of auditioners, and 2) not even sending a courtesy email so we wouldn't bother to wait, so I was checking my phone/email every hour for a callback email and didn't get one. Two days later, I go to the site in a masochistic haze thinking, "Well, I'll see if they have the cast list up--either way, I won't be on it." And then I saw a very tiny link in the corner of the website saying, "Spring Awakening is cast--no callbacks."

I just went, "Well, THAT'S going to backfire on them," at which the Morrigan said, "Yes, it will. Just hold out for three more weeks."

So... yeah, my next shot should be coming in a few days.

tarotbear

Sharysa - I sent you a comment about your theatre dilemma in your ' One card, Two deck' thread.

Take it with a grain of salt - or have a margharita!

xhollysue

I actually love the Tower card. It miffs me when it comes up in readings and people get scared. "No, no, no," I tell them, "this is the best stuff. It means you're finally going to get out of the rut, but that you don't have to get the ball rolling. The Universe is going to give you a swift kick in the rear! You just get to sit back and wait!"

I was studying last year at an Ivy League University and would have been over $150,000 in student loan debt by the end of my studies. Plus I had to work full time to afford my living expenses. I secretly knew I was building a Tower for myself and that I wanted out - I knew it was a wrong path but didn't know how to backpedal out of it.

Lightning struck ... I got laid off. Couldn't find another job, and "had" to drop out. It was awesome. I was freed from those stone cold walls of debt and a pretty unimpressive education. Booya!

Sharysa

Thank you for telling that story, because I just got the (Spiral) Tower again in a reading and it didn't feel bad at all. The "lightning" felt more like a release than a crash, as I've finally managed to process all the stuff that happened since the LAST time it turned up.

Earlier in the day I was explaining why I was so confident that Spring Awakening will recast and end up casting me after all, and I wrapped it up with, "My family's never going to accept my choices, and that still kind of hurts. But since I've accepted that THIS is never going to happen, everything else is fair game. And I mean EVERYTHING." Then something clicked in my head and I thought, "Sweet mother of god."

tsukifune

My "Tower" story:

I was desperately looking for a job. I had scored some interviews, but they all ended in rejection. Discouraged, I flipped through a deck of cards and pulled a card, asking what I could do to find work. I got the Tower, haha. I felt discouraged, let me tell you!

But an hour later, on my way out of the house, I got a phone call. It was a job offer.

So since then I view the Tower as a sign of impending news and/or the potential for a massive shift in perspective (for better or for worse).

Narwhallove

For all its direness, the Tower is a harbinger of good things...even if they come wrapped in suckiness. I think a good motto for it could be "Not Another Learning Experience...."

Hahaha, I love this!

I started reading this thread when it was first posted and now I have a Tower story to contribute. I moved to a new apartment complex in January, and found that one neighbor was quite friendly. Fine; I'm friendly too. But then he started giving me gifts, under the pretext of his getting rid of stuff, like a TV tray, BBQ brushes, a knife set (!).... He started appearing at our window to recommend a restaurant or other total non sequitur. He also told me where I should leave my mail, which is proof he was looking through the outgoing mailbox!

Through all this, I found him creepy and was distancing myself. The building super had warned me that he was a flirt, but it was verging on stalker behavior.

Last week, he reached up and pushed a huge hammer onto our terrace, thinking or wanting it to be mine, and it shattered a glass calligraphy pen (one of those beautiful hand-blown ones) that I'd left outside to dry. My boyfriend went downstairs and asked him not to chuck things onto our terrace, but he ignored him.

Enough was enough! We marched over to his apartment, returned the most recent gift of the knife set and told him this was unneighborly, unacceptable behavior. When my boyfriend started talking, he tried shutting the door, which I blocked. Definitely not interested in my boyfriend.

I REALLY HOPE this is the end of this situation, and that's that. I drew the Tower card the day after this event, and I read it as a false relationship that I was finally able to send a lightning strike through. I honestly hope there won't be retaliatory behavior. I won't speak to him again and will report him to the police if something happens. I'm getting pepper spray. By the way, any advice from people with advice about creepy neighbors/stalker types very much welcome. I've never been in this type of situation!

Hlb9525

A "Tower" story... well... I had a "Tower" year last year.

My understanding of the Tower card is a situation, or event that exposes the truth in an earth shattering way. It shines light on things or people so that you see them for what they really are. Not a gradual exposure to the truth of the person or situation, but a sudden, painful, earth shaking, castle crushing exposure of the truth.

I've had several of those instances in the last year... Just to mention 2 of them.

My husband and I started having "issues" when he came home one day and asked me if I was sleeping around on him. I was shocked, the question had come out of no-where, and for no apparent reason. When I asked him what the H... had brought that up. He claimed that he'd been told by a reliable source that I was currently sleeping with the neighbor. It took nearly 2 months to find out that his "reliable source" was my mother (yup, my very own mother. Great, huh?). So, I confronted HER, and she finally admitted to my hubby that she "might" be mistaken. It's been a really bumpy road, but things are better now actually then they were before she tried to ruin our marriage. We'd been married 11 years when she tried to ruin things, and we'd gotten lazy and settled comfortably into our rutt. Her attempt to destroy our relationship has actually brought us closer together.

So that was "Major Tower Moment" number 1 for last year. I mean, your own parent trying to destroy your marriage is pretty "foundation shaking".

Then.. I had to cut my mother off from any sort of relationship with myself and my children, becuase she refused to respect her bounderies as "grandma".

I picked the kids up from visiting with her and my younger siblings (I currently have 4 siblings under the age of 18, 2 under the age of 12). I got a call later that evening from my sister, she said that my mother had taken a switch to both of my kids. They both had marks on the backs of thier legs from the switch she'd used.
When I confronted her with this, I got the "spare the rod, spoil the child" speech, that she'd used to justify her beating myself and my siblings (something that my step-dad had put a stop to on thier wedding day!).
Well, she refused to respect the bounderies that I had set down for her interactions with my children. She actually said that as my mother, and their grandmother, it was her "God-given right" to decide if my children needed discipline and for her to administer it, as I seemed to be spoiling them.
That was the "straw that broke the camel's back" as it were. We haven't spoken since last November, and pro'bly won't if she can't respect me, my husband and our rules.

So.. it was that last "tower moment".. that last earthquake, as it were, that has had me questioning EVERYTHING that I built my life on.

But.. despite having my world come crashing down around me, in various ways, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Because of my mother's insane attempt to ruin my marriage, my marriage is actually stronger then it ever was. My hubby and I are closer and have been working our way out of the "comfortable old shoe" rutt that we had eased into over the last 12 years.

Then, again because of my mother, I've been forced to rethink everything. So far no aspect of my life has escaped scrutiny. Who I am, What makes me "me", everything has come into question. From my parenting style to the books that I read.
I hadn't realized that even though I am in my 30's, she still had considerable influence in my life.

I can honestly say that because of my "Tower moments".. I am finally free to be me and I am enjoying living my life for the first time in my life. I no longer feel guilty for sending my children to public school, or for being a working mom, or for not going to church, or for indulging in an alcoholic beverage occasionally, or for reading the romance novels that I enjoy.

HB

Richard

The Tower may be different for different people.

Here is the latest.

My kitchen sink drain was almost stopped up. The problem was not in the sink plumbing but somewhere between the sink and the main drain.

I procrastinated about fixing it. One morning, in my three-card daily draw, there was The Tower staring me in the face. A little later I discovered water on the kitchen floor. The plumbing under the sink was leaking, adding insult to injury...aaaarrrggh!

About a year before the sink episode, I drew the Tower. When I went out to my motor vehicle to go about my daily tasks, I discovered that the rear view mirror had become unglued from the windshield.

Usually, for me, The Tower does not indicate earth-shaking events, just inconveniences. Maybe that's because the Tower is Aries, which is my sun sign.

wulzcat

Through all this, I found him creepy and was distancing myself. The building super had warned me that he was a flirt, but it was verging on stalker behavior.

I REALLY HOPE this is the end of this situation, and that's that. I drew the Tower card the day after this event, and I read it as a false relationship that I was finally able to send a lightning strike through. I honestly hope there won't be retaliatory behavior. I won't speak to him again and will report him to the police if something happens. I'm getting pepper spray. By the way, any advice from people with advice about creepy neighbors/stalker types very much welcome. I've never been in this type of situation!

Well I've never had a scary neighbour myself but this does sound a little bit worrying. Not wanting to freak you out or anything, as that may now be the end of it, but I would be quite wary of this neighbour and I think you're right to want to report him if anything else happens. But I'm not sure I would read the Tower as sending a lightning bolt through a false relationship (although I guess it could be that) especially when it isn't a close relationship. The Tower might be a symbol of the apartment block, or might be trying to tell you something about the apartment block. Are you secure in your tower? There's not a master key or anything like that, is there?! Sorry to sound scary but I think the Tower could be trying to warn you to be vigilant in your apartment block at this time... sorry I feel like I'm scaremongering but I would say, just be cautious. There are some funny folk about and this guy sounds pretty funny-peculiar.