The Mind Reader

SweetAsRoses

Ok, this spread might be a little controversial seeing as it's basically spying on someone's inner thoughts and emotions. In fact, I seriously pondered whether I should post such a thing or not. Firstly there's the whole spying aspect of it, and secondly, it can become addicting. But trust me, if you know what someone is thinking or feeling it can help you avoid some sticky situations.

I don't know whether someone else has come up with the same idea before me, and if that is the case, I apologize.

1*2*3
4*5*6

1) Their last conscious thought about you
2) Their last subconscious thought about you
3) Last considered action toward you because of these thoughts
4) Their last conscious feeling toward you
5) Their last subconscious feeling toward you
6) Last considered action toward you because of these feelings

The interesting thing about this spread is that when I do a few times in a row, I can see the persons subconscious thoughts or feelings move into one of the conscious areas. And then if I do another spread, such as a celtic cross, I can see the same cards show up there too. It really is quite interesting, please let me know if any of you get results like that.

This spread can also be tweaked for general thoughts/emotions instead of their last one, or what you would consider their most important thoughts or emotions, or thoughts or feelings on a situation or another person instead of yourself. If you would like to tweak this spread for other purposes, I would love to see it.

Cobalt

I'm intrigued by this. I know a few people in this world who have pretty strong opinions on things, but are passive-aggressive enough about it that you very nearly have to be a mindreader to figure out what they want. Perhaps this'd be a step in that direction!

I think you're right that this could be a very useful thing as long as folk keep in mind some of the things you mentioned at the start. If this spread ends up working well for me, I'll take care not to start using Tarot as a substitute for actually figuring out people the long way.

Thanks for this. I'll give it a go.

Bernice

Yep, it's controversial. But then any spread that queries what someone will or won't do/think/say could come under the same controversy. I'ts because it's conciously foccussed. To discover something via intuitive or sensitive means is O.K. - it can't not be, because it's natural!

I like the spread.

Bee

Mathki

I also find it borderline unethical - but only borderline, because I have to try it out sometime! :D

Moonson

interesting... but, i have a question...
i'm new at this amazing World of Tarot, so hope you don't mind... bear with this newbie!

here goes:
i've read somewhere, that for one to "know" another person by the cards, that person must touch/shouffle them, in order to transfer their own energie into the cards.
so, how can you read the toughts/feelings of another person without their presence/knowledge?
that is the same thing as reading for yourself, right? the cards are getting your own energie, so you get the same/similar results on diferent spreads (my opinion).

SweetAsRoses

Moonson said:
i'm new at this amazing World of Tarot, so hope you don't mind... bear with this newbie!

here goes:
i've read somewhere, that for one to "know" another person by the cards, that person must touch/shouffle them, in order to transfer their own energie into the cards.
so, how can you read the toughts/feelings of another person without their presence/knowledge?
that is the same thing as reading for yourself, right? the cards are getting your own energie, so you get the same/similar results on diferent spreads (my opinion).

Personally, I don't like to let anyone else touch my cards for some reason. At first it was because I didn't want anyone else's energy on them because I thought it would effect how they worked for me, but then some people got a hold of them and it really didn't effect their accuracy at all.

But I still do the shuffling for all the friends I read for and I have been told I'm very accurate. This astounds me seeing as I just read the cards having little/no knowledge of the situation, so I don't really understand why the cards are saying what they are saying, but the querent always seems to know exactly what I am talking about, and they are sometimes downright "suspicious" about how I "know" certain things. So, in my personal experience, I pretty much think you can get the cards to do whatever you want regardless of who touched them last, it all depends on what you believe.

Celcius

SweetAsRoses said:
if you know what someone is thinking or feeling it can help you avoid some sticky situations.

I like the spread. One small adaptation I made to make it less about the person I'm asking about, and more about me, was to add one more card to each row.

ADVICE for ME knowing his thoughts.
and
ADVICE for ME knowing his feelings.

Mathki

That was also what I thought to begin with, but I have found that it doesn't really matter.

While shuffling I ask the cards to shed some light on whatever it is I want to know and then I go through the questions, laying the cards as I go along and that works nicely for me :)

Moonson said:

here goes:

mahjong

Results posted in' Tarot Readings'

Thank you 'sweet as roses' for posting this spread which I've just done and posted in 'Tarot readings'
It certainly gave me a lot of insight although I may be way off as I'm very much a beginner

Moonson

Thank you SweetAsRoses and Mathki, for the explanation!
"it all depends on what you believe", you are right!

Thx for sharing your spread, i will surelly try once i get more experience.