Merry X-Mass, Mr. Crowley

Yygdrasilian

Syzygy

I began to wonder why Trump II corresponded to the moon, while Atu XVIII:The Moon was given to Pisces...

19: The Sun = 1
2: Priestess / Moon = 2
1: Magus / Mercury = 1
3: Empress / Venus = 3
16: Tower / Mars = 7
10: Fortune / Jupiter = 1
21: Universe / Saturn = 3

72=20+2+1+3+16+10+21
There is a myth of Thoth gambling with the Moon (Khonsu) for 1/72nd of its light (360/72 = 5), to provide 5 extra days to the year (360+5=365) that would allow Nut to thwart Ra and give birth to Kheru-ur (Horus the Elder, Face of Heaven), Osiris, Set (male twins), Isis, and Nepthys (female twins).
An Icosahedron may be viewed as a symbolic representation of the hour (60 angles of 60 = 60 minutes of 60 seconds); which would work with...

19: The Sun = 1
18: The Moon / Pisces = 9
1: Magus / Mercury = 1
3: Empress / Venus = 3
16: Tower / Mars = 7
10: Fortune / Jupiter = 1
21: Universe / Saturn = 3

9 + 1 + 3 + 7 + 1 + 3 = 24 hours : 1 Sun
The Saros Cycle “...is very useful for predicting the times at which nearly identical eclipses will occur, and is intimately related to three periodicities of the lunar orbit: the synodic month, the draconic month, and the anomalistic month.” ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saros_cycle )

1 Saros =
18 years + 11 days + 8 hours =
18 years + 10 days + 32 hours
or,
Years..............Days.......................Hours
18 (The Moon) +10 (Malkuth/Earth) +32 (Sun 33 (- 1 Occult))
While it would be easier to just acquire 32 by adding the 20+0+12 of the elements, I think the attribution of 33 is more correct, as we may be meant to subtract 1 for Sun or Moon, depending upon which is being occulted by the eclipse. This way one may actually equate values to the relevant glyphs in calculating the cycle.

The 8 hours (1/3rd day) meant the next eclipse would occur at the same longitude, 120 degrees to the West.
So, for an eclipse to occur in roughly the same position upon the Earth, a Triple Saros cycle must be observed:
(18 years, 11 days, 8 hours) x3 = Triple Saros
Otherwise known as an Exeligmos (‘Turn of the Wheel’); imagine a triangle were positioned within our oblate spheroid, Earth, and its’ vertices touching the ‘circle’ upon the proper longititude.

Thus, in the measure of Time, an Eye for the Sun, and another for the Moon.

Yygdrasilian

Triumphant Chariot

The METATRON value for Mars (26) seems straight forward enough, being roughly the number of months between that Planet’s epicycles.
And the Constellation in which Mars’ corresponding Trump, XVI: The Tower, appears....

7: SPIRAL
......................7 cups......>>..........
.............^^...........................7.......
.......7.................XVI............disks.....
.....swords....................7.......vv.........
........^^...................wands.............
............VII...................................

...is relevant as, every 16 years, Earth and Mars make a 7-pointed star - though, to be more specific, they really make two 7-pointed stars (one of conjunctions + one of oppositions: 7 + 7 = 14). This is significant because, when fitting the constellations together, this SPIRAL is wrapped around the STAFF:

XVI + XIV.............................( 16 + 14 = 30 )
...........5...7....disks
......7...5.........wands
...........5...7....cups
......7...5.........swords
...........V + VII

Setting aside, for the time being, the various implications of this arrangement and how it ‘fits’ into the bigger picture, the value 30 (14 + 16) is of special interest when considering the number 26 in relation to Mars as...

26 x 30 = 780
780 = Earth-Mars Synodic Period.

But, just as there 2 Moons among the Trumps, there are also 2 Warrior gods: Mars & Ares - who are, technically, the same deity.
A detail that makes much more sense once One considers Antimony.
Here’s a hint...

When the Chymical Marriage of 5-Geburah (Mars=26) & 7-Netzach (Venus=23) occurs:

23+26 = 49
49 = 7 x 7 = 77+0
(7x7) x (7+7) = 686:Mars Orbit
&
77 = 7 + 7 = 14: Art

As we shall soon see, the ‘Hermaphroditic Body’ engendered by their matrimony is the ‘deck-name’ in alchemy given to Martial Regulus of Antimony. And it is their marriage, which is also the union of our Emperor and Empress, that enables One to approach the PortaL.

See:
http://books.google.com/books?id=ww...X&oi=book_result&resnum=9&ct=result#PPA147,M1

crystal dawn

Yygdrasilian said:
If Bees were said to be the tears of Ra, what might we infer about the Eye that sheds them?

the egyptian warrior goddess sekhmet was also said to shaped from the eye of amun ra. She was created to try and stop the humans fighting each other and to try and quell the conflicts. She nearly wiped out humanity by doing so and was only stopped when amun ra mixed mead and blood togeather and so when she drank what she thought was blood she became intoxicated and fell asleep. Sound like my kinda gal.

blessings

crystal dawn

Yygdrasilian

On Nature

Yygdrasilian said:
If Bees were said to be the tears of Ra, what might we infer about the Eye that sheds them?
I had something more on the order of a hexagonal pattern in mind, kind of like Metatron's Cube; which, if one considers the rhombic dodecahedron, may provide some insight as to why Persephone's eating of 7 pomegranate seeds binds her to the underworld for half the year.

crystal dawn said:
the egyptian warrior goddess sekhmet was also said to shaped from the eye of amun ra. She was created to try and stop the humans fighting each other and to try and quell the conflicts. She nearly wiped out humanity by doing so and was only stopped when amun ra mixed mead and blood togeather and so when she drank what she thought was blood she became intoxicated and fell asleep. Sound like my kinda gal.
It is my present understanding that there are several versions of this myth, as our myths of gods & goddesses change and adapt as our cultural context changes and adapts... Always though, she seems to embody the wrathful aspect of the goddess - nature's more terrible and violent side: death, disease, the impartial bloodlust of predatory instincts...

In one version, Ra invokes Sekhmet to punish humanity for not honoring & respecting him properly. She becomes a bit over-zealous in performing this task and threatens to wipe out humans completely, so Ra invents Beer - coloring it as human blood with pomegranate juice to trick her - and, in the midst of her drunken stupor, transforms her into Hathor... thus showing the other side of nature's wrath as a nuturing mother. There is, in this, something of an allegory to the annual flooding of the Nile.

Though I tend to associate Sekhmet more with 5 Wands and Hathoor with the Empress, I think 3 Swords vs. 3 Cups illustrate this dichotomy within the vessel of mortal Form much more explicitly.

On that note, have you ever noticed what happens when you combine 3 Wands with 3 Disks?

crystal dawn

yes there seems to be a mad frenzy of energy bursting from the cards, i also see water and fire = steam. also the link between aries and mars comes into play

Yygdrasilian

Life on Mars

19 = The SUN = 1
32 = ELEMENTS = 5
72 = PLANETS = 18
127 = ZODIAC = 73

73 = Avg. Days of Mars Retrograde
79 = (73 + 6) x (5 x 73) = Mars Perihelion Oppositions

26 = METATRON Key: Mars (4+7+9+6) -------------- 11 = 5+6 ][ 5x6 = 30

687 = Mars Orbit --------------------------------------- 780 = Mars Synodic Period
687 = (26 x 26) + 11 ---------------------------------- 780 = 26 x 30
687 = (7+7) x (7x7) + (Sun=1) ---------------------- 93 = 780 - 687

Every 15 years Earth & Mars complete 7 synodic periods
780 x7 = 5460 -------------------------------- 5460 / 365.25 = 14.9486653...
284 = Earth Transit Cycle -------------------- 284 = 14.9486653 x (Sun=19)

Yet every 16 Mars and Earth complete 7.(7x7) Synodic Periods
365.25 x16 = 5844 ------------------------------- 5844 / 780 = 7.49

224.65 = Venus Orbit ----------------------------- 5844 / 26 = 224.76
224.65 = 224.76 - 0.11 --------------------------- 5844 = 2x Venus:Earth Pentagrams
2922 = Days Earth:Venus Pentagram ------------ 5844 = 2x 2922

16 x5 x73 = 7-oppositions + 7-conjunctions Earth:Mars

In other words, Earth, Mars & the Sun line-up 14x every 16 years, which is equivalent to the Earth-Venus pentagonal synodic cycle x2.

lucifall

Very valuable information to add to my research i did in Capricorn time
on the Devil Card In tarot. Thanks a lot.
I hope my additional info is not to much of topic, but i want to share it as i felt a connection...

Yygdrasilian said:
In the twilight hours of the "birthday" given YHVH >>>>> YHShVH

Quote "Just before sunrise, December 25th, Year 0"

25-12-00 = 37
37= The Two Eyes of God (Pert em Hru) (Sun(19) +Moon(18)
Genesis 1: Total value 2701= 73 x 37 (mirrors)

The twilight hours we find on Waite's Mooncard: "between dog and Wolve" "Inter Canem et Lupem" The twilight zone; The birthday we find on the Suncard in the reborn child on the horse (19+18)

Quote"brings the Messenger of Light back to a darkened Earth . . . "
"Take the 3 Magi"

21 december: the sun enters capricorn; the shortest day.
The sun has made his trip through the Underworld and returns to the light of the day.
After 21 dec. the sun seems not to be moving for 3 days. It rises on the same place. After these 3 days the sun starts moving again...
3 magi: 3 days and the sun start moving again
3 days was Jonas in the stomach of the whale
The resurrection after 3 days of Jesus

Quote "match them up with Osiris’ belt so they may align to The Star in the East, Sopdet (Sirius)"

Osiris Belt = Orion Isis=Sirius
Orion: Hebrew: Fool feathered with belts
Orion is followed "on his footsteps" by Sirius (Waite's fool followed by the Dog)

Yygdrasilian

Messenger )0+

./ 6 ] ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ / 6 ] . . . . 22 = METATRON Key: Mercury (4+5+7+6)
.[ 6 ] - 33 - [ 6 ] . . . . 33 + 11 = 44
.[ 6 ].../ \...[ 6 ] . . . . 44:14 = π = 22:7
........./....\........
......../.14..\.......
..........]...[........

32 = ELEMENTS = 5 --------------------------- 127 = ZODIAC = 73

------------------------------ 19 = SUN = 1 -----------------------------------

88 = PLANETS = 25 -------------------------------- 72 = PLANETS = 18

18: The Moon / Pisces = 9 ------------------------- 2: Priestess / Moon = 2
1: Magus / Mercury = 1 ---------------------------- 1: Magus / Mercury = 1
3: Empress / Venus = 3 ---------------------------- 3: Empress / Venus = 3
16: Tower / Mars = 7 ------------------------------ 16: Tower / Mars = 7
10: Fortune / Jupiter = 1 -------------------------- 10: Fortune / Jupiter = 1
21: Universe / Saturn = 3 ------------------------- 21: Universe / Saturn = 3

69 = (PLANETS - SUN) = 24 ----------------------- 53 = (PLANETS - SUN) = 17

88 = Mercury Orbit ------------------------ 88 = 19 + 18 + 1 + 3 + 16 + 10 + 21
59 = Mercury Sidereal Rotation ----------- 59 = Planets=53 + Sun=1 + Elements=5
3:2 = (3 x 59) : (2 x 88) = Mercury Spin-Orbit Resonance

116 = Mercury Synodic Period -------------- 116 = 127 - 11
22:7 = Mercury-Earth Synodic Cycle ------- 22x 116 = 2552 : 2555 = 7x 365

176 = Mercury Solar Day -------------------- 176 = 22 x 8

44 : 14 = (22 + 22) : (7 + 7) -----------> (7 : 22) (8 x 22) (7 : 22)
7 Δ 7 --------- Sides = 7+8+7 = 22
-- 8 ----------- Angles = 55-70-55
Height = √33
Consider as facet of polyhedron similar to tetrahedron; then as 'star' tetrahedron.