Four of Disks - How do you read it?

ravenest

7Nica7nor7 said:
I was taking a look to the Hebrew angels names related to this card as mentioned on the Equinox translates to:
Sorry, ON the Equinox? Do you mean IN the Equinox ( a vast series of books put out by A.c. and later the O.T.O.) - if so where is this?
7Nica7nor7 said:
MNDAL
&
KVQYH

how do you pronounce this names?
its the first one Mandal?
or maybe mandala?

The rules (in Western Hermetic bogus Hebrew) are to follow the consanant by a vowel (which is missing) with the next vowel in the spelling of the letter so MND is Mem, Nun, Daleth, which gives Mendal or Menudal (the al ending signifies divinity or association to divinity).

Kaph, vau (but can be an english vowel sound), Qoph, Yod, Heh (but at end of word ; Heh or eh), never heard of anything like that one.
7Nica7nor7 said:
The second one i have no idea at all how to say it, i reaserch it deeply on the 777 book but just confused me more, i found MNDAL written in hebrew again, no hint on pronounciation and found another name for the second one.
can any one please open a window for me?
=S
Plese give ref to 777 and I'll look it up.

ravenest

I decided to look it up :

The Angels of the Two of Discs.

The Golden Dawn Tarot attributed the minor cards (2 -10 of each suit; 36 cards) to the 10 degree decan segments of the 360 degree zodiac. Their zodiac started with 0 deg. Leo (the 5 of Wands) marked by the star Regulus and is a constellational, sidereal system.

They then allocated 2 of the 72 Angels of the Shemhamphorash to each decan, the first angel to the first 5 degrees and the second angel to the next 5 degrees of the first decan and so on.

That works out to Chavakiah (to be rejoiced in) and Monadel (Honorable) allocated to the 4 of Discs (according to Duquette – ‘The Tarot of Ceremonial Magick’).

DuQuette states; “These angels can be called upon to bestow greater insight upon the inner meanings of each card, or can be evoked to manifest the energy represented by the cards …” (The Angels names are calculated by writing out verse 19 of Exodus {in Hebrew} from right to left {72 Hebrew letters}, verse 20, underneath that, 72 letters from left to right and then verse 21, 72 letters from right to left. Then the 3 letters in each of the 72 columns down were joined into a word and either an I H or an A L was added to make the 72 angels names of the Shemhamphorash – the divided name of God.) “… The names as they appear (above) are not the exact transliterations from Hebrew to English, but are the traditional phonetic equivalents.”

I’m sure greater details on the correct pronunciation could be discussed in the cabbala forum.

7Nica7nor7

tnx

Thank you very much for the help ravenest, has been very useful.
now lets see:

MNDAL = Mendal very clear but

http://www.the-equinox.org/vol1/no8/eqi08016.html#4_pentacles

Herein do HB:KVQYH<> and HB:MNDAL bear rule.

I own that book or at least one thats very similar to it
Tarot divination. printed in 1998, and IN :D there is in Hebrew letters and says

Herein do (Kaph, Vau, ZAIN?, Yod, He) and (Mem, Nu, Daleth, Aleph, Lamed)

so, there is my confusion, if you want i can scan a image of the book to prove, pretty sure is misprinted

on 777 its on the Table CXXXII pair of angels ruling coins. and its KVQYH
sooooo
Chavakiah? you got that one froms DuQuette's book? thats

CHETH?, Vau, Kaph, Yod, He.

so now im a little more confused LOL, i have 3 diferent names now. any ways, your help has been of great help than x again.

ravenest

7Nica7nor7 said:
Chavakiah? you got that one froms DuQuette's book? thats

CHETH?, Vau, Kaph, Yod, He.

so now im a little more confused LOL, i have 3 diferent names now. any ways, your help has been of great help than x again.

In the book and on the cards ; Tarot of ceremonial Magick.

It doesnt take much to make a mistake with Hebrew. Magic books have quiet a few mistakes, esp some of the older ones that are more techical.

I guess you'll just have to copy out the 3 chapters (in correct Hebrew mind you) yourself ;)

kwaw

According to the Golden Dawn:

"72 names are written on the leaves of the Tree of Life which were for the healing of the nations.

"These are also the 72 names of the ladder of Jacob on which the Angels of God ascended and descended. It will presently be shown how the 72 Angelic names are formed from the 72 Names of the Deity, and also how their signification is to be found. The 72 Names of the Deity are thus obtained. The 19th, 20th, and 21st verses of the XIV Chapter of the Book of Exodus each consist of 72 letters.

The English translation is: 19th verse: “And the Angel of the Elohim, that went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of cloud removed from before them and stood behind them.”

20th verse: “And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness (to the first) but it gave light by night (to these); and the one came not near unto the other all the night.”

21st verse: “And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and the Lord drove back the sea with a strong east wind all that night and made the sea dry land, and the waters divided.”

These three verses are now to be written at length one above the other, the first from right to left, and the second from left to right, and the third from right to left; and as they contain 72 letters, there will be 72 columns of three letters each. Then each column will give a word of three letters, and there will be 72 names of three letters each, which are the Shem ha Mephoresch or 72 Names of the Deity, expounding the Powers of the name YHVH.

From these names 72 Names of Angels are formed by the addition of, in some cases, the suffice YH which signifies Mercy and Beneficence, or in others of the suffice AL which signifies Severity and Judgment. Or as it is said: “And the Name is in Him, etc.”

THE 72 NAMES AND THEIR MEANINGS
1. VAHAVIAH is God the Exalter.
2. YELAYEL is Strength.
3. SAITEL is Refuge, Fortress and Confidence.
4. OLMIAH is Concealed, Strong.
5. MAHASHIAH is Seeking safety from Trouble.
6. LELAHEL is Praiseworthy, declaring His works.
7. AKAIAH is long suffering.
8. KEHETHEl , is Adorable.
9. HAZAYEL is Merciful .
10. ALDIAH is Profitable.
11. LAVIAH is to be exalted.
12. HIHAAYAH is Refuge.
13. YEZAHEL is Rejoicing over all things.
14. MEBAHEL is Guardian, Preserver.
15. HARAYEL is Aid.
16. HOQMIAH is Raise up, Praying day and night.
17. LAVIAH is Wonderful .
18. KELIAL is Worthy to be invoked.
19. LIVOYAH is Hastening to hear.
20. PHEHILYAH is Redeemer, Liberator.
21. NELOKHIEL is Thou alone.
22. Y EY AY I EL is Thy right hand.
23. MELOHEL is Turning away evil.
24. CHAHAVIAH is Goodness in Himself.
25. NITHAHIAH is Wide in extent , the enlarger, wonderful.
26. HAAYOH is Heaven in secret .
27. YIRTHIEL is Deliverer.
28. SAHYOH is Taker away of evi ls.
29. REYAYEL is Expectation.
30. EVAMEL is Patient.
31. LEKABEL is Teacher, instructor.
32. VESHIRIAH is Upright.
33. YECHAVAH is Knower of all things.
34. LEHACHIAH is clement, merciful.
35. KEVEQIAH is To be rejoiced in.
36. MENDIAL is Honourable.
37. ANIEL is Lord of Virtues.
38. CHAAMIAH is The hope of all the ends of the earth.
39. REHAAIEI, is Swift to condone.
40. YEYEZIEL is Making joyful.
41. HEHIHEL is Triune.
42. MICHAEL is Who is like unto Him.
43. VAVALIAH is King and Ruler.
44. YELAHIAH is Abiding for ever.
45. SAI. IAH is Mover of all things.
46. AARIEL is Revealer.
47. AASLAYOH is Just Judge.
48. M I H AL is Sending forth as a Father.
49. VEHOOEL is Great and lofty.
50. DENEYEL is Merciful Judge.
51. HECHASHYAH is Secret and Impenetrable.
52. AAMAMIAH is Covered in darkness.
53. NANAEL is Caster down of the proud.
54. NITHAEL is Celestial King.
55. MIBAHAIAH is Eternal .
56. POOYAEL is Supporting all things.
57. NEMAMIAH is lovable.
58. YEYEELEL is Hearer of cries.
59. HEROCHIEL is Permeating all things.
60. MITZRAEL is Raising up the oppressed.
61. VEMIBAEL is The Name which is over all.
62. YAHOHEL is The Supreme ends, or essence.
63. AANEVAL is Rejoicing.
64. MACHAYEL is Vivifying.
65. DAMABAYAH is Fountain of wisdom.
66. MENQEL is Nourishing all.
67. AAYOEL is Delights of the sons of men.
68. CHABOOYAH is Most liberal giver.
69. RAHAEL is Beholding al l.
70. YABOMAYAH is Producing by His word.
71. HAHAYEL is Lord of the Universe.
72. MEVAMAYAH is End of the Universe.

source: The complete Golden Dawn system of magic by Israel Regardie.

The three verses in Hebrew (Tanach morphology):

Exodus 14:19 ו:יסע מלאך ה:אלהים ה:הלך ל:פני מחנה ישראל ו:ילך מ:אחרי:הם ו:יסע עמוד ה:ענן מ:פני:הם ו:יעמד מ:אחרי:הם:
Exodus 14:20 ו:יבא בין מחנה מצרים ו:בין מחנה ישראל ו:יהי ה:ענן ו:ה:חשך ו:יאר את-ה:לילה ו:לא-קרב זה אל-זה כל-ה:לילה:
Exodus 14:21 ו:יט משה את-יד:ו על-ה:ים ו:יולך יהוה את-ה:ים ב:רוח קדים עזה כל-ה:לילה ו:ישם את-ה:ים ל:חרבה ו:יבקעו ה:מים:

ravenest

How do you get Hebrew script on here ???

Lillie

He used magic.
Like this.

יהוה

thorhammer

I got this card as my daily for yesterday, and in reading Crowley's words about it, I became confused.

Again.

He says, of the colours of the card:
Book of Thoth said:
The background is of deep azure, flecked yellow, usggesting a moat; but beyond this is a pattern of green and indigo to represent the guarded fields whose security is assured by the fortress.

I get the azure, though the yellow looks more like waves than flecks to me.

But on my card, the fields beyond the fortress are orange and gold, appearing to me as wheat fields ready for harvest. Snuffin describes them as being "solar colours", which makes much more sense to me.

Is my deck weirdly printed, or is this a discrepancy? Anyone?

\m/ Kat

Aeon418

I think Crowley's mention of green was just an idea that wasn't implemented. The area beyond the moat is supposed to be fields, in the sense of organized farming and agriculture. I suppose using green would have made this a bit more obvious and a little less arid and dry.

But the card itself remains faithfully within the Golden Dawn colour scheme.

Chesed in Assiah: Deep azure, flecked yellow.

Sol: Orange, Gold yellow, Rich amber, Amber, rayed red.

Capricorn: Indigo, Black, Blue black, cold dark grey, approaching black.