Herbal Tarot - Ace of Pentacles - Whole Grains

Soaring Eagle

You can see the minor arcana cards in Constellation 1.

Description: A large hand is emerging from the clouds holding a large disc with a five-petaled flower. A large sprig of wheat and a large sprig of oats are on either side of a path that leads towards a rock wall and an archway. There are mountains in the distance.

Significant Details: The five-petaled flower represents protection. The oats and wheat represent life energies. The pathway represents the beginning of a new journey. The rock wall and archway represent stability and the opening to further possibilities. The mountains are the gateways to the spirit realm.

Keywords: Prosperity, Wealth, Solid opportunity, Gift, Enrichment

Medicinal Uses: Homeopaths use oats as a remedy for arthritic conditions. Culpeper’s Color Herbal. Oats are rich in B group vitamins. They tone and strengthen the nervous system. A porridge is nourishing and easily digested. A tea is used for chest complaints. Externally used for allergic skin conditions and as a facial scrub. American Nature Guides Herbs by Anna Kruger. Wheat is used in a poultice to cure swellings. “Wheat germ oil is rich in vitamin E and improves circulation….Some people are allergic or hypersensitive to gluten, the protein in wheat…” Culpeper’s Color Herbal.

My Interpretation: You are entering a time of prosperity and wealth. This is a time of enrichment both financially and physically. You may be offered a promotion or a chance at improving your health during this time. You may receive an unexpected gift during this time.

Number Significance: 1 - The Self, Ego, Will, Singularity of purpose. The Aces are in Constellation 1 with I Magician, X Medicine Wheel, XIX Sun, and the Tens. 1 – Communication; Self consciousness; Individualization; Self-expression; Initiative; At-one-ment; Originality.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The Ace of Pentacles is ruled by Pure Earth. Wheat is ruled by Venus. Oats do not have a planetary ruler. Just looking at this card made me think of the wheat fields in the area where I grew up. It gives me a really "earthy" and "grounded" feeling just to look at this card.