The Bohemian Gothic Tarot Study Group (The Dark Sister) 1st and 2nd editions

BelovedK

Well, so I could take either approach. If we did a major and a half of a suit in a week would that be too much? It *might* be for me as I have writing projects and other things, BUT we could try and see if it is working.

I think for me, seeing progress will be stimulating which is why I l;ike the idea of doing the sequence of cards.

So, if we take that approach, maybe we could do a random Major Arcana.

I am proposing that we start with Wands, Ace through Five, and I just picked Justice from my deck.

I could study tonight and post something tomorrow.

I could start two threads. One for the Major 2nd edition, and one for the Wands series (would it work to do a thread for a series? or would it have to be separate cards?

strings of life

BelovedK said:
Well, so I could take either approach. If we did a major and a half of a suit in a week would that be too much? It *might* be for me as I have writing projects and other things, BUT we could try and see if it is working.
It may be too ambitious. I work full time and do want some downtime at night when I get home. This comes out to a card a day and I don't want to beat myself up if I "miss" one, which means I may double up, etc. on certain days.

BelovedK said:
I think for me, seeing progress will be stimulating which is why I like the idea of doing the sequence of cards.
Agreed. Plus it helps keep the studying element cohesive. That approach may not work for everyone, but if it works for us, we should go with it!

BelovedK said:
So, if we take that approach, maybe we could do a random Major Arcana.
Sure. I'll select a random Major Arcana next week on Monday. Mondays work great (after the weekend).

BelovedK said:
I am proposing that we start with Wands, Ace through Five, and I just picked Justice from my deck.
Sounds like a plan!

BelovedK said:
I could study tonight and post something tomorrow.
I can work on a card or two tonight--either Justice or the Ace of Wands--and post something tomorrow night.

BelovedK said:
I could start two threads. One for the Major 2nd edition, and one for the Wands series (would it work to do a thread for a series? or would it have to be separate cards?
I checked the index for the 1st edition and just like most of the other groups, threads are about specific cards, however, there were two threads about the suits. I think that threads on each card may work best (one thread for each card in Major and Minor Arcana), but if we feel like we want to create a thread about all of the cards in the suit (with shorter notes), we can if we wish. Let's see what happens.

strings of life

I can't express how thrilled I am. Finally, some commitment (from me!) :laugh:.

BelovedK

aurarcana said:
I can't express how thrilled I am. Finally, some commitment (from me!) :laugh:.
Me too!! I thought I was the threadkiller here, LOL. If you notice, the last 2 times the thread died, I was the common denominator :eek:

I also like studying the suit in sequence, maybe it is the Virgo in me :D

Tonight, it's on!

(I also want to be forgiving with myself if I miss a night. I tend to take on too much and then get overwhelmed.) That said, I think a card a day is no big deal.

strings of life

We all have lives outside of Tarot and this should be a fun and cathartic activity--a labor of love! I want to relax when I do these. On the train, before bed, whatever.

I did need a push, and I hope my excitement lasts. There is so much going on in these cards, and I truly want to spend time with them...now. My limited edition Queen of Wands bag came today, and yes, I will be using it :).

BelovedK, regarding Majors, do you want to alternate weeks (you drew Jutice this week; I draw next week; etc.) or do you prefer if we each draw one to keep it random? I thought about this after my last post. It may help each of us focus one major focus (no pun intended), each week. Just a thought.

(Again, to others reading this, this is just BelovedK and my rant on how we are planning on tackling the cards. Create threads/post away as you deem fit.)

BelovedK

I like the idea of alternating weeks. You pick next week. Actually, Justice is one of my least favorite cards in this deck, not sure why, BUT I drew it for a reason and just want to dig into why it bothers me.

I hope the excitement lasts for me too! I think it will, I have wanted a study buddy for a while, so much to learn. I like the idea of bouncing my thoughts off of someone else's. I learn much better through dialogue, so this is great.

I am going to dream the Ace of Wands tonight ;)

I might blog my revelations once a week at least through October (spooky month, ha)

strings of life

BelovedK said:
I like the idea of alternating weeks. You pick next week. Actually, Justice is one of my least favorite cards in this deck, not sure why, BUT I drew it for a reason and just want to dig into why it bothers me.
Done. I'll draw one one week (aiming for Sunday or Monday) and will create a thread when I do.

BelovedK said:
I hope the excitement lasts for me too! I think it will, I have wanted a study buddy for a while, so much to learn. I like the idea of bouncing my thoughts off of someone else's. I learn much better through dialogue, so this is great.
Likewise. I love to write about cards as well, so this will be a great experience and will stimulate us in unique ways as we interpret the cards. I am sure that we will each see different things in them :thumbsup:.

BelovedK said:
I am going to dream the Ace of Wands tonight ;)
Ha! Me too. I am going to spend some time with it before I go to bed and will write down my observations on my way home from work. I have my old small MacBook (not my regular MacBook) packed away in my bag so that I am ready to bond with my cards in a public place. PDTDA = public display of Tarot deck affection!

BelovedK said:
I might blog my revelations once a week at least through October (spooky month, ha)
I haven't blogged in months. I was experiencing some writer's block and general apathy running it, and that explains why I stopped; it became a chore. I'm ready to give it a new life with this study. I lost all of my readers, but in the end, I set the blog up for me.

Until tomorrow.

DaughterOfDanu

I'm interested in studying with you all!
So it's 5 minor cards a week plus a major?
That's doable to me. :)
I'm not familiar with the BG series or its symbolism so I'll try my best to add lots of input and after a while I'm sure I'll be jumping in with the rest of you all.

Libra8ca

I'd love to participate too. I've been using my BG quite a bit over the last year so this should be easy for me. Looking forward to everyone's input :) 5-6 cards a week sounds good to me.

strings of life

TreeLeafe said:
I'm interested in studying with you all!
So it's 5 minor cards a week plus a major?
That's doable to me. :)
I'm not familiar with the BG series or its symbolism so I'll try my best to add lots of input and after a while I'm sure I'll be jumping in with the rest of you all.
Hooray!

Yes, we (so far BelovedK and I) are starting with the Wands first, so the game plan is Ace - 4 this week and a Major that she drew (Justice). Feel free to start a thread whenever you want if this doesn't work for you :). The study group is free flowing. We just came up with something that works for us and we will see how everything goes.

I am signing off to shower and bond with my Ace of Wands. This deck is going everywhere with me as of tomorrow.

Libra8ca said:
I'd love to participate too. I've been using my BG quite a bit over the last year so this should be easy for me. Looking forward to everyone's input :) 5-6 cards a week sounds good to me.
Great. We have a group :thumbsup:.