Hazards from Zombie tarot

Lili Fleur De Lune

Hello !
I have a question about the Zombie Tarot.

Since english is not my native language, I don't know what the word "Hazards" mean. I check in dictionnary, but it doesn't make any sense why is suppose to be related to the pentacle suit ?

I just don't get it :confused:

Does someone will be kind enought to give me somme clue please ?

Padma

Hi Lili :)

Maybe this deck study thread on the Zombie tarot deck will help you.

http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=166

In English, Hazard means a danger, like, for example, "eating too much sugar is hazardous to your health". Or "driving too fast in winter can be a hazard for the car driver"

I think they may have called the Pentacle suit Hazards because they indicate dangers coming from being too materialistic, perhaps? I also saw that the Pentacles in this deck represent bio-hazards (which means parts of the body that have become diseased and are removed and disposed of, because they can potentially poison people).

It seems that the deck has been created by someone who has a good sense of humour, and does not mean for the deck to be taken very seriously! ;)

Metafizzypop

I found it odd myself that the suit of Pentacles was the only one that was renamed. The other suits kept the traditional names of Wands, Cups and Swords.

I think the reason they did it is because the symbol they used on the cards for Hazards is actually the symbol used for hazardous or toxic waste. Usually radioactive waste. And that little round emblem does look somewhat like a Pentacle. Zombies, theoretically, are caused by radioactive waste, anyway. So I guess they couldn't resist using that symbol for one of the suits. They used it because it looked like a Pentacle. A radioactive Pentacle.

Padma

I was thinking about this last night, after responding. It does make sense, in regard to what you said, Metafizzy, and also - Pentacles represent the corporeal solidity of the body, and zombies are bodies, and steal bits of body - so it makes sense then that the bio-hazard symbol and the hazard name was tacked on to the Pentacles.

Grizabella

I read up on zombies once when I was surfing the internet and originally they were caused by some kind of substance that rendered a person so messed up that they were basically the "walking dead". If I remember right, it was caused by some kind of plant substance they'd eaten or drank.

Another thought I have, though, is that a person who is dead and decaying really is a bio-hazard, so whatever the cause of their condition, it's not healthy to hang around with them. :) I guess that's why the bio-hazard symbol might be appropriate.

Lili Fleur De Lune

Thanks all ! :love:

I'm a fan of the old 60th movie "Night of the living dead".

This tarot is also vintage around 50th and 60th.

In this deck, sometime you have human living with zombie (As the card VI - The Lovers). The female zombie with a male humain kiss with love :love:

So in this universe, it is normal and you could be very powerfull as a zombie.

Where zombie come from ?
Answer : Bio-Hazard, radioactive waste and stuff like these.

Instead to get your energy from the earth (pentacle) you get it from Bio-hazard.

I also like the idea about radioactive symbol look-alike pentacle too :thumbsup: