Earthair Experimental Elemental Reading Method. Exercise 7

earthair

Here's an easy quick version of the Earthair Spread.

Deal the central card as usual, then deal the 4 Anchors BUT without waiting for a card from each different suit, like my daily reading today. [The inner circle is still dealt in the usual way.]

http://i.imgur.com/rpV1RBH.jpg

The N, E and S Anchors are all Air. In total 7 Air cards = 7 of Air.
Only one Earth card, and it's orientation of lethargy pretty much sums up my energy levels today :rolleyes:

The advantages of the quick version are:
-You won't be discarding many Majors, if any.
-The spread can tell you if the past, present and future (or whatever positions you assigned) are all related to one suit.
-Higher likelihood of getting all 10 pips appear. When using the long version of this spread, you'll notice it's a rare and special event to get a 10 of a suit (which is the point of the full version- how rarely in life does an element reach completion?).

Disadvantages:
-The spread can't access the cards further down the pile relating to a anchor which hasn't appeared yet. To work around this, you might choose to select cards randomly rather than deal from the Big pile.
-You might get an unbalanced reading, focusing on only one element- yes it's obviously important if the spread strongly features a majority of one suit, but you might not get to see WHY another suit, and it's position, is struggling.