Would the swords court be considered...

RavenTree

THE observers in the deck? Hi guys. Today I'm meditating on the knight of swords which I received as an advice card. As a relative newbie I'm still trying to get a handle on these courts and relate to them in a way I can understand. Everyone sees the world through a different lens. I find myself wanting to view these courts as a family and give them an overall philosophy and approach to life that seems fair(swords are seen as negative)and balanced. Are these the guys that watch life from the sides at first before summing everything up? Does very little get by them? Let me know if I'm on the right track then I will let my mind keep going in that direction. Thanks!

chrisstavrous

THE observers in the deck? Hi guys. Today I'm meditating on the knight of swords which I received as an advice card. As a relative newbie I'm still trying to get a handle on these courts and relate to them in a way I can understand. Everyone sees the world through a different lens. I find myself wanting to view these courts as a family and give them an overall philosophy and approach to life that seems fair(swords are seen as negative)and balanced. Are these the guys that watch life from the sides at first before summing everything up? Does very little get by them? Let me know if I'm on the right track then I will let my mind keep going in that direction. Thanks!
I look at the sword cards as a reflection of the aspect of intellect and mind. The court cards represent those aspects in yourself or they are other people possessing those aspects. So the page is always naive in that aspect, the knight is always active (energetic) in that aspect, the queen is always sensitive in that aspect and the king has full mastery over that aspect. There are four main aspects (pentacles - material aspects, cups - emotional aspects, swords - mental aspects and wands - spiritual/raw energy aspects)

RavenTree

I look at the sword cards as a reflection of the aspect of intellect and mind. The court cards represent those aspects in yourself or they are other people possessing those aspects. So the page is always naive in that aspect, the knight is always active (energetic) in that aspect, the queen is always sensitive in that aspect and the king has full mastery over that aspect. There are four main aspects (pentacles - material aspects, cups - emotional aspects, swords - mental aspects and wands - spiritual/raw energy aspects)

Thank you chrisstavrous! That is the most succinct explanation of the courts I have read. So clear and simple.:) So incorporating what you just said I need to actively pursue knowledge. Thanks for taking the time to share your insights!

chrisstavrous

Thank you chrisstavrous! That is the most succinct explanation of the courts I have read. So clear and simple.:) So incorporating what you just said I need to actively pursue knowledge. Thanks for taking the time to share your insights!
Yes, that's exactly right. It's just a matter of building a knowledge base on the core aspects of the minor arcana and courts. Just an update though: The wands are spiritual/energy aspects. Raw aspects only applies to the aces, which become fully cumulative at the tens.