Orgy of buying new decks

Ica'rus

I am not proud of myself..

...Bought the Revolution Lenormand deck..

I'll justify this by saying, since it ships on sept12, it'll be a birthday present to myself that I bought ahead of time lol.

flipperjane

Wild Unknown

I've done it again - BUT - I have had my eye on this for a long time.
I've just ordered The Wild Unknown and the companion book.
I blame facebook - lovely images kept appearing in my newsfeed ;)

Anyway I have to wait for it to ship from America - so waiting impatiently.

That's it now - last buy for a long time. (don't all chorus that you've heard that before - it's true this time :D )

Nar

I went a little crazy this evening. I'd been wanting to get back into reading for a while, but my favorite deck is nowhere to be found. I replaced it. And then I found another one that I liked. And then another. And then another. And then I forced myself to stop (for a while). So, yeah, I bought 4 decks today. That's not TOO bad, though, I suppose.

Ica'rus

I JUST received my Norse Tarot (Clive Barrett). Shipped all the way from UK. wonderful cards, I like them. However I have found a russian edition of the Victorian Romantic Tarot..It is unfortunately quite expensive...but they're such limited quantity available...I must...not...buy...it...

Other than that. I think I'm all deck'ed out for now :)

Of course I still am waiting for The Fountain tarot to arrive but I kickstarted that so technically I already paid for it a few weeks ago!

EDIT: Wellp, there went that idea! I just found a single NEW Victorian Romantic 2nd ed for $70... my poor wallet. LOL

Ica'rus

I've done it again - BUT - I have had my eye on this for a long time.
I've just ordered The Wild Unknown and the companion book.
I blame facebook - lovely images kept appearing in my newsfeed ;)

Anyway I have to wait for it to ship from America - so waiting impatiently.

That's it now - last buy for a long time. (don't all chorus that you've heard that before - it's true this time :D )

I want that one too... lol

ctrymaus

EDIT: Wellp, there went that idea! I just found a single NEW Victorian Romantic 2nd ed for $60... my poor wallet. LOL

It's all your fault! I just decided, after reading your post, to see if I could find one too! And I did, on eBay. Just about the same price, coming from Poland. I can't wait! :)

CountryMouse

Ica'rus

It's all your fault! I just decided, after reading your post, to see if I could find one too! And I did, on eBay. Just about the same price, coming from Poland. I can't wait! :)

CountryMouse

I'm sorry =( lol! Someone found it for me and sent me the link. I cried a little inside because I knew I was going to buy it. Oh well. Can't wait either :)

Alea

Oh gosh, bought so many decks in the past few months. x_x

GlitterNova

I guess it helps that I'm very picky about the artwork of decks. I've made it a habit to see as many of the cards in a deck (even all of them) online before I purchase it. There are actually quite a few youtube videos that will show you most or all of the cards in a deck. I'd say, in most instances this has lead me to being de-enabled. For example, I was really tempted by the Tarot of Metamorphosis a while ago when looking its cards here on AT (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/metamorphosis/). I then went and watched a youtube video of it that showed all the cards and boy am I glad I did--while most of the artwork is nice, there are a few cards that I REALLY dislike. Saved from a disappointing purchase!

tarotbear

As silly as this sounds ... I think I am 'past' the point of having an 'orgy of buying~anything' much less Tarot decks. I mostly think about downsizing and how to make a buck getting rid of things ... and that includes many of the decks I already own ... not to be replaced with new ones! :laugh: