Looking for a mentor

absoalanna

Hi I am looking for a mentor to stay in touch with at least weekly to help me along the way of learning tarot. I have lots of questions and will continue to do so and would prefer emailing someone my many questions rather than picking up my many books.

Currently having issues seeing the obvious in the cards, and I am still using books as reference.

The deck I am using is old English tarot.

I have rws but am not a fan.

Many thanks :)

Alta

Are you willing to pay for this? It is a serious time and energy commitment on the part of the other person (who won't be me btw, just wanting to make things clear for others).

absoalanna

Hi , I would not paying at this time. Thank you though

werewolfmoon

I learnt Tarot through a combination of trial and error and asking a lot of questions on here. The Aeclectic forums are a wealth of free information and knowledge and there are a LOT of very knowledgeable people kicking about.

This is a very good resource if you use a Thot deck : http://www.corax.com/tarot/cards/index.html?swords-8

Thirteen's card explanations are invaluable: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/meanings/

Another interesting site: http://www.trustedtarot.com/card-meanings/

I can't offer my services as I'm due back at Uni in a few weeks and will be studying.

Holland

I think your best bet is posting every individual question you have on a thread. Plus I think its more beneficial to hear different opinions rather than one from a mentor. Because over all in the end, you are the one who has the relationship with your cards.
Don't feel bad if you can not find a mentor, you will LEARN so much from this site. I started in April and still have don't have a mentor, and I have advanced so much. Of course I still have much to learn :).
You will be surprised how much you can take from this site.
Also once you have reached 25 post or more go to the "Exchange" forum and start practicing. It will give you a boost you need. Blessings.

Grizabella

This forum is the only mentor you could possibly want. Having the information you can get here is like getting a doctorate in your studies. Everything is covered from beginner to infinity. I don't recommend a single mentor. And it would certainly cost you some money to have one because, as Alta said, it would really entail taking a lot of someone else's time.

nisaba

Hi I am looking for a mentor to stay in touch with at least weekly to help me along the way of learning tarot. I have lots of questions and will continue to do so and would prefer emailing someone my many questions rather than picking up my many books.

<puzzled> You've come to the best Tarot learning experience in the world to ask this. Why not ask your lots of questions *here*, and be mentored by many of the best Tarot minds in the world, instead of only one?

esspeet

Feel free to ask any questions you like!

We've all got our opinions, many of which can create compelling arguments to the contrary of each other. With something like Tarot there are rarely hard and fast rules, so it's only to your benefit to see all sides of the coin, I think.

SunChariot

You can always ask us questions here, as many as you want. But the thing about a mentor is that there are a million and one ways to read, about as many as there are readers. I don't think any two readers read identically.

So the important thing to me is for you is not just take anyone who agrees to be a mentor, but for you to find the right one. A reader may well be an excellent reader but that does not mean that her/his way of reading would work well for you.

When it comes to Tarot, almost more than anything else, one size does not fit all.

Here is my suggestion, that you try to find a reader whose style and way of thinking about the cards you admire, who has the same goals as a reader that you do....and that person would be a good mentor for you.

The wrong person for the job could leave you feeling frustrated about why you can't do what they are doing as they do it. When your talents may well lie in a different area where this person does not have a clue how to guide you.

Babs

SunChariot

I think your best bet is posting every individual question you have on a thread. Plus I think its more beneficial to hear different opinions rather than one from a mentor. Because over all in the end, you are the one who has the relationship with your cards.

Very true. In the end, it will come down to listening to what is going on inside you and even asking the cards what is best for you. No one can tell you the best way. it comes from inside. But some can guide you to find it.

Babs