The Tower strikes again--only different

Grizabella

I've been getting the Tower quite a bit lately and today it struck. I just got out of the ER where I spent most of the day. I have a vertebrae that slipped over and is touching nerves and the vertebrae below it. I got up this morning and was fine and then all of a sudden I got up to go to the kitchen and it was like a knife stabbed my lower back and all down my leg. The doctor thought it might be a stress fracture but it seems not to be any more than a vertebrae that moved. So add that to your list of Tower meanings. lol And just pray it never happens to you because it's excruciating.

Inchantress

So sorry to hear about your back, you poor thing! Hopefully you have good pain meds over there. And hopefully it gets better soon - if that's possible. If it's not possible, then hopefully you're next card will be telling you a miracle is coming. <3 Sending love and healing your way.

PS also kept getting the tower and other destruction cards recently, which culminated in a big fight between a couple of family members, one of which had JUST gotten out of a major surgery and was so upset after the whole thing. I felt like I had contributed to upsetting one of the other people involved before they flew off the handle... which wasn't as bad as yours. But I still got one eye open in case anyone else around here tries to get fresh.

Talk about having to watch your back, though. sheesh!

EmpressArwen

Oh no, Griz! What can they do for that?

Grizabella

Thank you. I've been on prednisone for a long time---since 1990 at varying amounts to way high to low and I also have degenerative spinal disease I think it's called. So I'm just glad it isn't a fracture. I moved some cases of water the other day and it made my back hurt but after a few days I thought I was okay. Then this morning it totally slipped evidently, and now I don't know what they're going to want to do if anything. Maybe it will shift back over. I don't know. I hope so. I'd hate to have to try to live this way.

Grizabella

Oh no, Griz! What can they do for that?

Maybe nothing. He didn't say. He just gave me muscle relaxers and strong pain medication and told me to take it very easy and not lift anything. Then follow up with my doctor. I'm hoping it will just move the other way again but I don't know. He said on the x-rays it shows that my vertebrae way down at the lowest place a person's spine moves---L5 S1---the vertebrae has slipped aside and tilted onto the bone below it. Believe me, ladies---take care of your back and don't lift too much. You'll pay for it in the long run.

EmpressArwen

I hope it works out soon. Let me know if you need anything, ok?

Nemia

Very best healing wishes. That sounds really painful - hurts to read it. I hope you'll be better soon.

Grizabella

I hope it works out soon. Let me know if you need anything, ok?

OK. Thank you. I might have to sleep sitting up tonight. I'm going to set an alarm for when it's time to take more medication because it's excruciating when it wears off. It still hurts even with pain medicine and aches, but that's nothing to when it wears off.

Very best healing wishes. That sounds really painful - hurts to read it. I hope you'll be better soon.

It's very painful! I'm hoping it will right itself. My spine crunches and the doctor said that's not normal and it's not good, either, so I guess time will tell.

Grizabella

So sorry to hear about your back, you poor thing! Hopefully you have good pain meds over there. And hopefully it gets better soon - if that's possible. If it's not possible, then hopefully you're next card will be telling you a miracle is coming. <3 Sending love and healing your way.

PS also kept getting the tower and other destruction cards recently, which culminated in a big fight between a couple of family members, one of which had JUST gotten out of a major surgery and was so upset after the whole thing. I felt like I had contributed to upsetting one of the other people involved before they flew off the handle... which wasn't as bad as yours. But I still got one eye open in case anyone else around here tries to get fresh.

Talk about having to watch your back, though. sheesh!

I also saw the 10 of Swords quite often when the Tower started cycling around.

I don't think it can be fixed, really. It seems like he would have said so if there could be. Maybe my regular doctor will have some better news.