Sitters that take readings too personally?

LaRazia

Hi Raz!

From what i have heard and experienced there is a doubt in regards to the validity of the cards pulled mainly in the one card one sentence thread. I'm not saying that this is you per se but even i sometimes doubt the cards that are being pulled by members. It used to be one of my favorite games but i rarely go anymore.
I've never seen anyone be angry for your interpretation of the card but rather question how you could have pulled the same card three times in a row. Of course I'm not always on the thread and someone could have overreacted.
I would suggest working with the mods (if you haven't already) to see what the exact issue is.

sorry but i felt like i had to say something ♥

ETA: I just saw that this happened in the divination thread? Ok well I normally hang there but haven't seen anything, I had assumed it was on the one carders. The only thing that I can say is hang in there :)

Im not speaking about this site Katie :) That example happened on another site that deals with paranormal-medium abilities.

although it has happened here as well, but in private readings.

I dont want to speak with moderators, because I never like to complain about emembers and I have never said any names about anybody, so usually I always keep it to myself and just patch it up as maybe a bad reading experience, but recently it has happened to me quite frequently. I know I dont seem like it on the outside, and for the most part I am not, but I do have a sensitive side to me especially when you make derogatory comments to me about my tarot skills just because maybe my reading wasnt your cup of tea.

Im fine with people thinking my readings are wrong, but for some reason when I give readings latelly people dont seem to understand that I am giving the opinion of the cards, not my own personal opinion.

I will try what Nisaba and another member suggested though, to really WARN people to not take my cards to heart ( even though I always do that ).

In the meanwhile,I opened this thread not to publicly whine but to see if someone else had negative experiences after they gave someone a reading they disliked and how did they deal with said client.

katieb

Im not speaking about this site Katie :) That example happened on another site that deals with paranormal-medium abilities.

although it has happened here as well, but in private readings.

I dont want to speak with moderators, because I never like to complain about emembers and I have never said any names about anybody, so usually I always keep it to myself and just patch it up as maybe a bad reading experience, but recently it has happened to me quite frequently. I know I dont seem like it on the outside, and for the most part I am not, but I do have a sensitive side to me especially when you make derogatory comments to me about my tarot skills just because maybe my reading wasnt your cup of tea.

Im fine with people thinking my readings are wrong, but for some reason when I give readings latelly people dont seem to understand that I am giving the opinion of the cards, not my own personal opinion.

I will try what Nisaba and another member suggested though, to really WARN people to not take my cards to heart ( even though I always do that ).

In the meanwhile,I opened this thread not to publicly whine but to see if someone else had negative experiences after they gave someone a reading they disliked and how did they deal with said client.
Gotcha! ! Glad it's not here :)

Yes they all gave such great suggestions! It's never easy dealing with people and i find that alot of times they come to tarot/mediums etc in a time that's difficult for them.

Best of luck ♥

LaRazia

Gotcha! ! Glad it's not here :)

Yes they all gave such great suggestions! It's never easy dealing with people and i find that alot of times they come to tarot/mediums etc in a time that's difficult for them.

Best of luck ♥

It has happened here as well, like I said in my post above. Read carefully :p
but I also said I would never say names or complain to moderators, I just opened this topic to see how people deal with similar experiences to see how I can better deal with it before I call it quits for online readings.

tarotbear

How can a person NOT take a reading personally? Isn't that what the reading is all about/for: THEM?

Your point is, I am guessing - is when Querents 'Act Out' due to the reading - well, Honey - that is their immaturity shining forth. If they are also readers themselves - Shame On Them! When you go to have a reading done - even if you have been reading since the dawn of time - you let the reader do the reading; what you take away from it is what you want to.

Years ago someone one here on AT came up with the brilliant quotation: "Your cards are in My hands; your future is in Yours."

Reminds me of a co-worker who frequently said to me 'I want you to read my cards - BUT DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING BAD!

I never read her cards ...

Disa

But this is the problem I am speaking about :) When they dont like what they hear and snap on you lol.

No one "snapped on me". They seemed more surprised, taken aback. No one has done the things you mentioned in your original post to me.

donnalee

I have never heard this about anyone, but have only been here a few weeks. I always write what I see, even if the card is what I might call negative, so sometimes it might take a minute to phrase it best. What do you mean by this, please? Why would people fib about cards they post...? I'm confused on the subject! Thanks!

Hi Raz!

From what i have heard and experienced there is a doubt in regards to the validity of the cards pulled mainly in the one card one sentence thread. I'm not saying that this is you per se but even i sometimes doubt the cards that are being pulled by members. It used to be one of my favorite games but i rarely go anymore.
I've never seen anyone be angry for your interpretation of the card but rather question how you could have pulled the same card three times in a row. Of course I'm not always on the thread and someone could have overreacted.
I would suggest working with the mods (if you haven't already) to see what the exact issue is.

sorry but i felt like i had to say something ♥

ETA: I just saw that this happened in the divination thread? Ok well I normally hang there but haven't seen anything, I had assumed it was on the one carders. The only thing that I can say is hang in there :)

nisaba

Years ago someone one here on AT came up with the brilliant quotation: "Your cards are in My hands; your future is in Yours."
It's a great line - I'll remember it. Let me guess: he's not here any more?

Reminds me of a co-worker who frequently said to me 'I want you to read my cards - BUT DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING BAD!

<frowning> That's a bit like getting your seeing eye dog to go out with you on the basis that they don't alert you to any dangerous situations where you might get hurt without their help.

nisaba

No one "snapped on me". They seemed more surprised, taken aback. No one has done the things you mentioned in your original post to me.

Nor to me, either. And there seems to be a waspish edge to the original poster's tone - perhaps it's their writing style that upsets people?

Grizabella

First of all, the cards are never wrong but the reader certainly can be. And I suggest that maybe if you switch to another deck, you'll find that you won't be reading it in such a way as to offend the sitters you read for. The Bohemian Gothic is one that I had to just divorce. I couldn't use it. I had a very bad period my first 40 years and even though that deck brought that kind of memories back, I couldn't read it for others or for myself, either, without those things showing through. I think that particular deck is kind of a campy deck but not everyone can read it well. I suggest that you switch off to another kind of deck that you read well and see what happens.

Also, because you've been a medium before doesn't necessarily mean you can read the cards and always catch it when something comes up. I notice that you said "supposedly" this person had spirit contact. Well, you don't know that she didn't---you just saw in the cards that there wasn't anything you could recognize about it. It doesn't mean there wasn't anything there, it just means you couldn't see it and you do admit that you're not an experienced card reader. It could have been that you just haven't had enough experience to recognize everything your cards are saying to you.