AFP (Amanda Palmer) Tarot

strings of life

Want! Please don't tease me if this is real :laugh:. I am pretty up to date with her announcements and Dresden Dolls information (there are some tour dates, woohoo!), and must have missed this. I take it this is fan art not to be confused with the perfume sets that came with Tarot cards from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab?

I must confess that I want to inquire about this via Facebook or Twitter? Do you have any other info.?

WishingWell

I promise that I am not teasing! And I want this deck like nobody's business! All I have been able to learn about it is that she did an open call for submissions- fans, illustrators, whomever- then each artist was selected to depict a card. I love the few images I've stumbled across, and rumors swirl about a release before Christmas, but beyond that it seems as if the deck vanished into a black hole! No mention in newsletters or at the store. I just don't know! The first illustrator I linked to is selling prints of her card on Etsy. She may have more information, but I haven't contacted her.

WishingWell

Oops! It was the second artist's link...and she goes by the name of Molly Crabapple. More info is available at her site, which provides a link to her Etsy storefront. http://www.mollycrabapple.com

strings of life

WishingWell, I did some research and it doesn't look there is any announcement yet.

Now I'm on edge. Another reason to get back on Twitter, for sure.

Oh and The Hanged Man is AWESOME!

WishingWell

Aurarcana, I am relieved to know that I haven't missed the opportunity to grab this deck. Isn't the Hanged Man a sly card? All the pretty curling shapes and peach shades, but I had to look at it several times to realize the subject's throat had been slashed, and the butterflies emerged from the blood!

I'm stoked you share my excitement for this tarot! I can't wait to see what the rest of the deck holds. The few cards that have leaked look so promising. Hopefully, we won't have to wait much longer.

I'm really surprised more information hasn't turned up on this, though... Beyond AFP and DD fans, there is a whole tarot community that would find the project appealing.

strings of life

^ I'm going to find out about it. She is one of my favorite artists. I'm obsessed, as in I know the words to all her/their songs :love:.

[smacks forehead] Of course there would be an AFP deck. Of course!

lijewi

I remember when she started this project -- I believe there was a contest on twitter, with all kinds of artists doing cards and sending them in. All I know is that I must have this deck. My heart already broke once when the Buffy the Vampire Slayer deck was cancelled, it can't happen again!!!

Inthetree

This would be amazing! I'm also a crazy Amanda fan; and those two cards look wonderful :)

willoe

HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS PROJECT???

Ugh, and now I'm just as giddy as the rest of you! :p