Which deck has your favorite Moon card?

Amary

The Victoria Regina moon card popped to mind as my favorite, although I get rather a sense of wistfulness more than madness.

Mstworlds

My favourite moon card is from the Tarot of Prague. It actually looks quite innocent and beautiful at first. But the figures, especially of the young boy at the woman's feet, have this eerie, creepy stillness to them. The boy holds up a lobster he seems to have caught in his net - but he looks scared, like he is waiting for someone to take a picture of him holding it so he can drop it as soon as he can, his expression is almost beseeching to be freed of holding it. The woman seems caught in a moment of time, of melancholy and disappointment as she stares at a wilted flower in one hand. Combine this with the background of city river at sunset and a cartoon of an almost cynical dog in one corner near the boy, and this card is frightening. A stone moon sits on top of the woman's head, as if when caught below the moon at the height of it's power, everything seems haunted, caught in a moment where there is no protection from the moon's influence. Beautiful card, but eerie.

sapienza

I really like the Moon from the Ancestral Path. It has the kind of atmosphere that is both beautiful and yet there is a sense of mystery as well. It's not a deck I ever use, but there are some beautiful cards and I think the moon is one of them.

I also love the Alchemical Moon because it depicts Diana with her hounds. Also the Mythic, which shows the Goddess Hecate. I agree that while the Moon card should be beautiful it also needs to give a sense that if you were suddenly to be transported to the scene in the card you'd be apprehensive at best.

I don't have the Tarot of the Sidhe, but remember seeing scans and thinking the Moon looked quite impressive in that deck too.

Attachments

• Moon - Ancestral Path.jpg
    Moon - Ancestral Path.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 212
  • Alchemical.jpg
    Alchemical.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 213
  • Mythic.jpg
    Mythic.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 215

Le Fanu

The Moon has long been my favourite card. For as long as I have loved tarot, the Moon is the card which most speaks to me.

The Thoth is perhaps my favourite. Apart from having the sense of a strange nether-region, it is also menacing, dark, something to be guarded, having to confront the horrors. And that ebbing graph-like thing beneath the images like an irregular heartbeat. The card is filled with this feeling of waxing, waning, vibrating, undulating, radiating, penetrating, foreboding. Everything a Moon card should have!

It really gives me a sense of a region which takes courage to confront.

Le Fanu

^ That's not the Tarot of Transformation, it is the Tarot of Timeless Truth. Is that the one you meant? Is it the same deck?

BodhiSeed

Le Fanu said:
^ That's not the Tarot of Transformation, it is the Tarot of Timeless Truth. Is that the one you meant? Is it the same deck?
You're right, LF; I'll go edit my post. Thanks.:heart:

sapienza

I don't have the Gill deck, but I like that Moon.

The Thoth Moon does have the perfect atmosphere but I always wished the colouring was slightly different, more blueish I guess. Still, I'm not complaining, I find if I do then the deck won't talk to me - it does have such an attitude problem at times!