Most accurate deck you've used?

swedishfish612

This is a really great thread, lots of food for thought here. I wish I had something wise to add, but I'm still a learner and can't say much for my accuracy!

I do think there's something to be said for sticking with a deck long enough to really learn it, inside and out. When I first started playing with the RWS, it was more for study. I kind of felt like I "should" since it is the basis for all of my other, more fun decks. I never expected to fall in love with the artwork, or to find it as deep and meaningful a deck as I do now. Now I find PCS's artwork completely charming, and I love that there's so much to discover in the RWS.

To think I would've missed out on everything I've learned with RWS, just b/c I didn't feel that immediate connection to the artwork, and didn't love it right off the bat! I do think we should pick decks we like...I mean, how often are we going to buy a deck we think is ugly? But I also think it's smart to really work with a deck and learn it. I do think the "magic" is in the reader who knows his or her cards well, not in finding the perfect deck that will give you accurate, amazing readings every time.

Morwenna

I suppose the thing to do here is substitute "clear" or "useful" for "accurate," especially for those of us who do as few predictive readings as possible. With that in mind, I vote for the Hanson-Roberts (even though I dearly love my Morgan Greer).

It is a matter of learning, of course, but there is that matter of resonance. :)

tarotcognito

Yes, resonance - totally, totally agree.

And my resonance is with the Tarot of the Elves by Elroy/Corsi. I have a really strong connection to this deck that makes for some some deeply layered, meaningful and fairly accurate readings - at least based on my own experience and the feedback I have received from sitters for whom I have read.

I suppose the thing to do here is substitute "clear" or "useful" for "accurate," especially for those of us who do as few predictive readings as possible. With that in mind, I vote for the Hanson-Roberts (even though I dearly love my Morgan Greer).

It is a matter of learning, of course, but there is that matter of resonance. :)

Sar

The Whimsical Tarot.

CelestialHorse

Ah you guys are making some great points, and thanks for the links Owl :) I will def. check them out in a few :)

True, you can go to many psychics and some may work or not. I love how one psychic once on a site said think of it as you're in middle of a room some psychics won't see the front of you or side of you or what not. It's also I guess like picking a piece of clothing or pet or something, some won't work for you even if you like it.

I wonder when we find a card attractive it can sometimes mean the card picked you but hard to say.

Plus from my experience(Not with cards..er um riding horses XD),if I find a horse I LOOOVE to ride, if I just try another one just because I always ended up not like riding that horse so I'd go back to the old one :p

So that's why I try to keep my mind for everything "If it works, why change" XD Leave behind what doesn't work :)

celticnoodle

I've had many decks that at one time or another can really be accurate for me. So, I agree with the person (forget who now) that posted it is probably more the reader and how they are connecting w/their 'tool'-the deck. however, that said, I have to say that my oracle, "Tea Leaf Fortune Cards" are eerily accurate. I LOVE that oracle.

I also seem to be able to read well with my Robin Wood Deck. I know I also have had the same feeling with the Druid Craft, Hanson Roberts and other decks too that I own. Lately, I find myself being drawn to the Ghosts & Spirits deck, which at first I didn't think I'd be able to read with. Its proving to be a good deck though so far and accurate.

so, is it the deck or is it the reader of the particular deck? I don't know, but I hope I continue to have decks and the ability to be this way! :D

La Force

decks - food for thought

Hi all

well, here is some food for thought.

we all start off with a particular deck, "yes", at first it works or it doesn't, then for some reason or another we get another deck " yes" we may experience the same thing again. Bottom line is when we get a deck that we click and read well with, it seems it is for only a period of time, some longer than others. These different decks that journey into our lives, comes to us at a point when we need to learn or develop certain aspect of ourselves, once learned, we move forward and obtain another deck that fulfills those next learning steps in our development, and so on. until we have a tarot collection that ranges from 5 - 300 decks. all but wonderful experiences in all.

I started with RW, then moved to a few RW clones, then I recieved the CBD Tarot of Marseille which I so clicked with, I then moved on to my own mixed (patchwork deck) with these 3 decks (the robin wood tarot, the sharman-caselli deck and, gaian tarot) I choose cards out of these decks that really spoke to me, making a 78 card tarot deck. then I moved on to the Ludy Lescot deck.

With my last 2 decks mentioned above; My mix deck and Ludy Lescot I have my 2 goto decks, one the light deck and the other shadow dark deck ( yin and yang, white and black, male and female)

My last and most neutral deck (gray area deck as I call it) is the patchwork deck made for me by Pathwalker

I for years always had the attitude that things were either white or black, that there was no gray area, well well, let me tell you, thanks to these decks there is a gray area after all, so in the end I have my 3 most fav and perfect decks that are my goto decks.

Juliana

The Steampunk Tarot (Moore) is very accurate for me. I agree with others that this is because of me, and me ability to understand the imagery and symbolism of that particular deck more than other decks, as opposed to the deck being special in and of itself.

Sar

The Vanessa Tarot. Works every single time. A real work horse.

shadowdancer

I agree with a lot of the posters. The accuracy comes from the rapport you feel you have with the deck. If it sings to you, and you feel you get oodles straight off the bat it is more likely to be perceived as 'accurate' compared to those that need more work to really understand them.

I find some decks hard and puzzling (I tend not to use them) but they are no less inaccurate as a deck than those I do use. It all comes down to the fact I just don't resonate with them, and therefore I find I scrabble for my readings.

Just my take :)

Davina