Black Cats Tarot - lo Scarabeo

morganesky

Well I love it and it is the only deck I am buying thus far in the latter half of the year :) I fell in love with the Moon card and have been excited ever since :)

SwampLady

I don't know I still might buy it, sometime down the road. I do love cats and haven't had a cat deck ever. Though The Pagan Cat Tarot looks more my style. The cats remind me of that Studio Gibli movie, "The Cat Returns" Or something like that, with how bendy they are. I remember enjoying the movie.

Darkmage

I see what you guys mean about the bendy cats, but to me they look stylized. They do have a toylike look to them though.

I dunno, I might just get this deck. My birthday is three weeks before Christmas so I have plenty of time to make my list, esp. seeing as this deck won't be released until August? October? Sometime in there--you guys would probably know more about it than I would.

I love cats and am looking to acquire more cat-themed decks. A friend of mine has Tarot of White Cats and loves it, and that's one of the ones I need to score along with Cat's Eye and Bohemian Cats. Hmm...*wanders off to Amazon*

sapienza

Its not for me.... I don't like the way the cats figures seem neither cat nor human really..... more like bendy rubber toys....and yes.. the backs are a bit sweet and sticky.... the Tiara looks tacky to me.... Ah well.... its not at all my idea of how black cats should be portrayed, but we all have our own taste in these things!! I am sure a lot of folk will love it.
I agree. The cats do appear to be neither cat nor human. The back is awful, even for Los standards.

I don't actually own a cat deck but this thread has prompted me have a look and I've just discovered the Pagan Cats, which is in a different league to this one, in my opinion.

Winterchild

Pagan Cats

I like the Pagan cats..... and I don't often do decks which I feel are "just because" it a popular theme.... they need a little more that that. Pagan cats is great, and no Tiara's!!

sapienza

Thanks for the advice. I also just discovered the Cat's Eye. Wow, there is a whole world of tarot I didn't even know about - cat decks!

Shame about the Black Cats Tarot though as I love black cats, it's just such an unusual art style that I guess like any deck it will only appeal to some.

Le Fanu

All this talk about bendiness - like those black rubber toys with wire in the limbs from my childhood - makes me like the deck now, actually. I like the fact that the anatomy is not quite feline - but veering towards the human.

Thank you to Winterchild who criticised the bendiness as it made me like it for just that reason!

Morwenna

Just shows how different we all are! :D

It doesn't seem to be for me, though. Which is a relief, because I really can't afford to have anything else on my wish list!

Winterchild

All this talk about bendiness - like those black rubber toys with wire in the limbs from my childhood - makes me like the deck now, actually. I like the fact that the anatomy is not quite feline - but veering towards the human.

Thank you to Winterchild who criticised the bendiness as it made me like it for just that reason!

Oh man that's funny....! They really are like those bendy cats we had as kids..... perhaps they used them as models... easy to pose? If you look at them as *meant to be retro bendy cats* well.... then you can see the deck in a totally different light where even the Tiara's kind of fit!!!!

sapienza

I decided to check out the images again and see what I thought. I googled 'Tarot of the bendy cats' instead. :laugh: The first result was of course this thread.

When I did finally get the images of the black cats I still felt like they looked too weird for me. But definitely like those bendy plastic animals. I never had a black cat but I had pigs that I used to make fly.