Canadian Yukon Northern Tarot

gregory

Neil's work will be at the Auburn Gallery in Gravenhurst from July 19th through August 2nd. The opening day, which is usually a Saturday, the artist will be present and that may be the best time to get decks.

Thanks ! I can DO that - as far as I know ! but if not - I can borrow your clout and Terry can keep me one, right ??? She seemed to like me OK ;)

gregory

Well, I went and I now have a Hand of the North deck. It’s very “different” as they say – and interesting – though the only member here I’ve shown it to is not happy that there is no booklet. I can live without one, myself.

The artist’s creation process was unusual, by my lights… Tarot was new to him when he started doing the majors only, and he still feels he hasn’t got a handle on it, though he has a book he refers to. But Neil - who gave a delightful short (we were all standing !) talk - has promised me that he will sign up here to answer questions. And to learn more about tarot.

Neil – I’m WAITING ! :D

Bat Chicken

I saw the pictures of you and the SO at the Gallery! Wish I could have been there....

Bat Chicken

It was of your backs looking at the art. I knew it was you guys! (No faces)

gregory

It was of your backs looking at the art. I knew it was you guys! (No faces)
Thank god for that. Though I could have lived without you recognising my back.... :(

handofthenorth

Hand of the North - Tarot

For those of you interested, I created this Tarot deck over a 6 year period. The Major Arcana are the only ones posted on the website, but I have done the entire deck. It was an inspirational journey. I wanted the deck to reflect both the north and our modern era. I painted the pieces on small pine blocks to simulate the actual cards. I did get a limited run of 50 decks printed, of which I have about 25 left. Thank you Gregory for directing me to this site.

gregory

Hi handofthenorth - it's great to see you here - where you can learn loads more and maybe start another deck... :D

I was fascinated by your description of the creation process (the part about closing your eyes in particular...) - please would you post that here for others to read ?

nisaba

Thank god for that. Though I could have lived without you recognising my back.... :(

<shrug> I'm glad you've got someone watching your back ...