Witches Tarot - Ellen Duggan

werewolfmoon

I bought this deck from Amazon UK and it arrived today and I'm very pleased with it.

First impressions were that the cards are a little flimsy for regular use the card stock is not best quality, I can see the corners getting scrunched very easily. The cards are more matt than I thought they'd be which gives them a very nice look.

I think I will probably admire them rather than use them too much.

The images are as good as I thought they would be, I particularly like the Magician - as above, so below - the card is full of motion and energy, The Empress face is in shadow but surrounded by stars which gives her a very mystical feel. I really like the Star even though her hip looks slightly wrong somehow. The Fool looks like he is about to launch himself into space, his dog by his side, I love the clouds behind him.

I have read that people were put off by the author putting her friends and family into the cards but to be honest I like it, the three of cups features three women of around my age which chimes perfectly with my own perception of it as being the 'sex and the city' card!

The deck is very easy to read and so far is very chatty, I love it but I'm not sure if it will replace The tarot of the old path which I use as my regular deck.